• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all omega PO fans and dealers , warning !!!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@DRM: I am pretty sure the answer is yes. It has high beat rate. Is not really an ETA copy, just that some of the parts are made in China.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
DrmMaster said:
Is it 28.8 beat?......

as far as i can tell it is running exactly to the real swiss eta(still needing some break in time imo) , that is why i strongly feel it has to have some swiss parts in it , i couldnt believe it when i looked at it closely , it makes me wonder if they can copy the swiss eta this damn good then why not copy the rolex 1570 exact instead of paint a wheel pinkish purple , lmao

now keep in mind im not saying a dealer did this on purpose(well at least i hope not) cause i feel they can be fooled as well as we can , hell most of the time they drop ship so they never see the watch , lol and if they do stock it , i doubt they open every watch to examine the movment, they probably simply give it a shake and if the seconds r running and the date flips then it gets shipped

joe

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I just got this in from "O Frei" 2824. Just thought I'd throw in another picture..first thing I do with any reps is compare to the ones I get from the supply house... :)

ETA 2824 It actually has 4 markings you can see 2 tiny letters next to ETA stamp.

ETA2824Small.jpg

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Nice add in there cybee :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Just an interesting observation, all most current reps with 2824 ships with this golden colour movement. The only non golden movement I have in the rep is on PO 4th gen and Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
takashi said:
Just an interesting observation, all most current reps with 2824 ships with this golden colour movement. The only non golden movement I have in the rep is on PO 4th gen and Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono.

yep even O'Frei is now only selling the gold plated version 2824. :)

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Here is one I got without the ETA stamp....I swapped some parts and tested on the watch timer....results were 28k bph and keeping great time +/- 15 secs/day

@ joe

what does the watch timer says?

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
cybee said:
I just got this in from "O Frei" 2824. Just thought I'd throw in another picture..first thing I do with any reps is compare to the ones I get from the supply house... :)

ETA 2824 It actually has 4 markings you can see 2 tiny letters next to ETA stamp.

ETA2824Small.jpg

see u have that blue screw to cybee(nice pics btw) , and that tells me yours is either a suplus movment and or used and serviced movment out of another watch , , so now im really sure the chinese have some sort of access to all the parts to a swiss eta movment and r incorporated them in there movments

u know they could be getting a bunch of broken eta movments by the truckload and then they could be making a base copy of the swiss eta and then used the parts off the broken etas , sort of like a suplus but the key is here they r selling them as swiss eta 2824 , and imo it may be made with some swiss eta parts and run the same but it still isnt as advertised , so whats u guys thoughts?

joe

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Also note that the ones Joe amd Cybee posted have the jewels at the automatic winding bridge....the one I posted don't
jewels means better quality

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
vaccum said:
Here is one I got without the ETA stamp....I swapped some parts and tested on the watch timer....results were 28k bph and keeping great time +/- 15 secs/day

@ joe

what does the watch timer says?

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

hey vac, i havent put it on a timer, not reallly sure , but i would say it is as good as any , this was here for a relume but now we r waiting to see what the dealer is going to do about it , cause my customer paid a premium price for a swiss and didnt get that , will let u know further, now i have to uncase half my new personal purchases to see what is up , lmao

i have also gotten us a conclusion on the lume colors for the watches we discussed(and a chart i made and a dial variation color chart ) , i will do a thread on it for u and others to see, ok

great pics on the movment btw

joe

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
rbj69 said:
cybee said:

]

see u have that blue screw to cybee(nice pics btw) , and that tells me yours is either a suplus movment and or used and serviced movment out of another watch , , so now im really sure the chinese have some sort of access to all the parts to a swiss eta movment and r incorporated them in there movments

u know they could be getting a bunch of broken eta movments by the truckload and then they could be making a base copy of the swiss eta and then used the parts off the broken etas , sort of like a suplus but the key is here they r selling them as swiss eta 2824 , and imo it may be made with some swiss eta parts and run the same but it still isnt as advertised , so whats u guys thoughts?

joe

funny I did not notice that screw..I got my magnifier out and it actually looks black...maybe that means it's true swiss lol...I feel like calling O'Frei and see what they tell me about that just to hear what their answer would be...jeez now I gotta look at my other movements... : even the pic that onj posted has the dark screw, maybe they are supposed to have it? :?

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I'll post some pics of the one that Trevor is selling. I ordered today so it will be at least a week or so.

Good info guys,, thanks Joe for starting this thread.. quality stuff here. :)

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
cybee said:
rbj69 said:
cybee said:

]

joe

funny I did not notice that screw..I got my magnifier out and it actually looks black...maybe that means it's true swiss lol...I feel like calling O'Frei and see what they tell me about that just to hear what their answer would be...jeez now I gotta look at my other movements... :

lmao , i dont think ofrei sells brand new in the plastic direct from eta movments , i think they only deal with used serviced ones and or what they call surplus ones which r basically the ones the chinese use, i feel a brand new one in the plastic is actually made of a bit better quality , these r the actuall ones these high end genuine companies r using most of the time but to be honest im good with the 100 dollar or less ones myself, lol the others in the plastic from what i understand can only be gotten by a genuine watch manufacturer and not sold for a retail market , now this is hear say

now keep in mind i no longer service movments personally , i actually have a service guy working for me for the past i say year and half now , i will do the simple stuff like eta swiss or unitas fixes but i let him do the chronos and the complete overhauls, just not that fun for me anymore , its like mechanic work to me, i like sculpting and makeing them look pretty mostly and i dont have time to do both , lol
'
hope this helps
joe

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
I love to work on movements....its more like a challenge and something not too many people do.... :D

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
vaccum said:
I love to work on movements....its more like a challenge and something not too many people do.... :D

i know how u feel , that is how i felt 2 years ago when our reps needed some serious modds , lol and it is how i feel when i am asked to make the pointy cgs for a vintage gmt and stuff that is not so easy to do

now when i took that rolex gen. 1570 movment apart i had fun , well sort of , lol

i guess what im saying is the movments take up my time and for me my time is happier spent on cosmetics

hey did u get that crown i sent u to check out ?

joe

Renowned Member
19/10/06
Daytona4me raised a good question: Why can't Chinese replicate the ETA stamp as well?
What is the assurance, one day they won't?

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
rbj69 said:
vaccum said:

i know how u feel , that is how i felt 2 years ago when our reps needed some serious modds , lol and it is how i feel when i am asked to make the pointy cgs for a vintage gmt and stuff that is not so easy to do

now when i took that rolex gen. 1570 movment apart i had fun , well sort of , lol

i guess what im saying is the movments take up my time and for me my time is happier spent on cosmetics

joe

No... :(

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
he he I just checked all the movements I have and they all have the dark screw lol. OK so I'll take a polished screw and replace the dark one..voila lol..a real eta movement...oh well I'm good with the $100.00 ones too but still that screw is a mystery...have to send the Dark Side Investigative Team out tomorrow... :D

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
vaccum said:
rbj69 said:
vaccum said:

joe

No... :(

im sry , should be there anytime , didnt i send it a week ago? i sent it regular post , please lmk if u dont get it by wed. i will send u another one priority this time , seems like if u dont ship it with some sort of tracking usps just is slow as molasses , but then again they can be lighting fast , i guess it is up to the guy that is sorting the mail out , lol

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
cybee said:
he he I just checked all the movements I have and they all have the dark screw lol. OK so I'll take a polished screw and replace the dark one..voila lol..a real eta movement...oh well I'm good with the $100.00 ones too but still that screw is a mystery...have to send the Dark Side Investigative Team out tomorrow... :D

roflmao, hey u may want to keep the screw that way , that means it may have come out of a high dollar watch , find out which manufacturer did this as there signature and sell it back to them and double your money, lmao

joe