• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Does anyone have a way to check how thick the gen case back of the 16610 and the ARF one are?

Reactions: AllanV

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
If it helps, it's been done here! A GMT caseback was exchanged on a diver successfully! the only problem is that it was a 14060. We would need to understand if it would work on the 16610

sdre1982

Getting To Know The Place
20/11/21
One of my none TD dealers told me that its hard to source for ARF 16610LV at the moment.

Has BP stopped producing 5 digits?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Can anyone confirm if this is the new VR or the old SA/SH ? … can’t see to the shock setting/ beat adjust.

@dogwood @Dizzy

To be sure you need to see the balance. There might be another way to tell, but I wouldn’t trust it — get a photo of the balance complete to be certain.

Reactions: Zaron

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
IMG-6016.jpg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Got it ! Looks like the new one for me :)

This is the New mid grade hybrid VR/SH. The true VR is different (and a little more expensive) and the newest VR has the fake single regulator like the Gen movement, but it costs like $40 more. I got a true VR in my 16618, this hybrid VR in my 16613. This 3135 should be good thought. It’s got the SH main plate and some bridges but the important stuff is VR.

Reactions: Zaron

Zaron

15/9/20
Austria AT 🇦🇹
This is the New mid grade hybrid VR/SH. The true VR is different (and a little more expensive) and the newest VR has the fake single regulator like the Gen movement, but it costs like $40 more. I got a true VR in my 16618, this hybrid VR in my 16613. This 3135 should be good thought. It’s got the SH main plate and some bridges but the important stuff is VR.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! It's really amazing that there are so many different variants and hybrids.

Does this mean that BP has 3 different movements for one and the same watch and you have to hope that you get the right one?

But in your opinion it's ok?

Had the third QC now - as the insert was never set to fit, but unfortunately it got worse each time and I gave in and released the last one last night as I never got exact frontal photos, also because I thought I had the latest VR movement. I can only hope that everything fits...

Thanks for your expertise! - it's great to be able to learn so much here :) have a nice day !

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
If it helps, it's been done here! A GMT caseback was exchanged on a diver successfully! the only problem is that it was a 14060. We would need to understand if it would work on the 16610
That looks promising! As you pointed out, will it work with a rep caseback on a rep 16610..?
First issue is to source one, I think I will start writing to TD's

Reactions: Zen_der

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
That looks promising! As you pointed out, will it work with a rep caseback on a rep 16610..?
First issue is to source one, I think I will start writing to TD's
There’s a thinner caseback available from raffles for subs that people have often swapped out to make the BPs a little slimmer. Can confirm it fits as I ended up with one in my parts bin and have it on my 16610LN and it makes it a lot more wearable imo. I’ll try to find the link and post later

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
are you talking about this? I bought it, I'm waiting for it to arrive. From the description it should be 4.6 mm thick in total. If you have one, could you measure it for us? Thank you

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

So here is my new build 14060
Reshaped Ali case with 1.3mm lugholes
Raffles dial and bracelet 580 endlinks
2mm springbars with rounded ends
NH38 with Ali hands