• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Places mess up on the LV hands quite often. I just went back to the stock ARF hands and will just relume them eventually.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Aren’t the ones you got ARF? Can i ask where you got your ARF set?
All the Aliexpress/Alibaba ones looked like the same factory

I’m guessing they might be, but dont know for sure. The LN hands were better in my opinion than the LV

Reactions: flashu

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
So, I was messing around with the bracelets from BP 16610 and 16600 seeing if by the chance switch them (polished vs brushed) .... I know wrong expectation :D... won't fit

Anyway I took some photos so there you have it

Krm8Db.jpeg

Krmrqp.jpeg

Krmnsi.jpeg

Krm99X.jpeg

KrmtX5.jpeg

KrmBbF.jpeg

KrmlUt.jpeg

KrmpQ2.jpeg

KrmCRE.jpeg

KrmThn.jpeg

KrmXn3.jpeg

Krmdss.jpeg

KrmwZY.jpeg

Krm4ID.jpeg

KrmMXk.jpeg

Krmsxo.jpeg

KrmvUJ.jpeg

Krm7QP.jpeg

KrmEfW.jpeg

KrmRhS.jpeg

LEFT 16600 - RIGHT 16610

KrmFuL.jpeg

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Anybody have a spare set of 16610 LN hands that fit 3135 movement?
I’d rather not buy a set of 2 if I can help it!

AllanV

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
Hi everyone!

So I've been using my BP 16610LN for about a month, and im generally happy with it.
The thing is I just can't make it sit comfortable on my wrist, and I've tried playing around with sizing the bracelet and it is good for now. But I feel that it sits high on my wrist, and I believe that it might be the reason why I feel like it doesn't sit as comfortable on my wrist as I wish it would.

I did some research online, and found out that im not the only one that thinks the 16610 sits high on the wrist, due to its thickness, specifically due to the caseback. Ive measured my 16610 to be 113mm in thickness.

I also found a post in a Gen forum, that some one had successfully swapped the caseback from a 16710. A 16570 caseback should also work apparently. I know that it would compromise the water resistance, but I guess its OK in this (rep)case 😄

My question is:
Is there any one out here who has tried this on a rep?
Will a 16710 or a 16570 (rep) casebacks fit the BP 16610?
Any one knows who might be able to source a caseback?

@KJ2020 I hope its OK I tag you in this :LOL:

Reactions: Zen_der

aborock

26/1/23
hello dear members, can anyone tell me what these watches worth compared to TC V5 Case ? in term of quality

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
hello dear members, can anyone tell me what these watches worth compared to TC V5 Case ? in term of quality
TC case is pretty fine OOTB. lugs are nice together with CGs. but you have to look at the whole package - BP packs a punch with a very accurate whole watch with a solid movement.

the dial from a TC KH is better, but as a package the BP has the full works. crystal, datewheel, bracelet, etc are more favorable.

this is just of course my personal view after owning them all. imo only the hands from the BP are too flat for todays standards.

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Hi everyone!

So I've been using my BP 16610LN for about a month, and im generally happy with it.
The thing is I just can't make it sit comfortable on my wrist, and I've tried playing around with sizing the bracelet and it is good for now. But I feel that it sits high on my wrist, and I believe that it might be the reason why I feel like it doesn't sit as comfortable on my wrist as I wish it would.

I did some research online, and found out that im not the only one that thinks the 16610 sits high on the wrist, due to its thickness, specifically due to the caseback. Ive measured my 16610 to be 113mm in thickness.

I also found a post in a Gen forum, that some one had successfully swapped the caseback from a 16710. A 16570 caseback should also work apparently. I know that it would compromise the water resistance, but I guess its OK in this (rep)case 😄

My question is:
Is there any one out here who has tried this on a rep?
Will a 16710 or a 16570 (rep) casebacks fit the BP 16610?
Any one knows who might be able to source a caseback?

@KJ2020 I hope its OK I tag you in this :LOL:
I have an ARF, but I have the same problem and doubt as you. I've always thought I wanted to change the caseback too, but which one? will they be compatible?

Reactions: AllanV

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
I have an ARF, but I have the same problem and doubt as you. I've always thought I wanted to change the caseback too, but which one? will they be compatible?
Im glad im not the only one who has the same issue!
as @Geonor writes, unfortunately the BP 16570 caseback is not compatible due to a smaller diameter.

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
I just checked. The BP 16610 caseback is 5.34mm thick and the BP 16570 caseback is 4.73mm thick but they are not compatible. The 16570 had a smaller diameter so the threads won't engage.
Thank you for checking!
Do you think the 16710 would work?
@Zen_der please check answer from Geonor above

Reactions: Zen_der