• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
I think these are the ARF/RAF hands

Gotta buy two sets though.
Ah yes, you’re right.

But didn’t ARF have lume color issues? I’m not sure it the hands were the issue or the dial lume

VintageSubEnjoyer

Getting To Know The Place
21/9/23
Ah yes, you’re right.

But didn’t ARF have lume color issues? I’m not sure it the hands were the issue or the dial lume
hands were very white compared to the dial lume. dial, to my eye, appeared correct.

but if you buy the ali hands, buy an LN and LV set. Hour hand doesnt appear correct

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
Has anyone tried WSO 16610 hands?
Or have any recommendations for non-maxi hands?

WSO hands
The hands on the BP are actually pretty decent in my opinion. Much nicer than the hands on my ARF where the lume looks a little too white compared to the lume colour on the hour markers (this is on an LN).

I’ve also used some Sillan hands on a build and would say they’re a better option than the ARF but still not as nice as the BP hands. Of course this is just an opinion but I thought I’d share..

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
The hands on the BP are actually pretty decent in my opinion. Much nicer than the hands on my ARF where the lume looks a little too white compared to the lume colour on the hour markers (this is on an LN).

I’ve also used some Sillan hands on a build and would say they’re a better option than the ARF but still not as nice as the BP hands. Of course this is just an opinion but I thought I’d share..

I'm considering picking up the BP LV.
They gotta change out the hour/second hands to non-maxi hands, and currently, it seems like swapping them yourself is the only option.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

RW5513

Patron
Certified
25/8/15
Beautiful BPs ! 🌞🫂.

Anyone knows Ali or AliX source for BP ETA hands ? Or any ETA good hands for that matter ? 😂

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
The VR3135 in this is one of the best i have ever had. Regulated to -3~5 s/d and it is CONSISTENT. Doesn’t even fluctuate with amplitude. Winding got gritty after several mods so i took the rotor off and went around with a blower and rodico, and it’s winding buttery smooth again.
All the other VS and VR movements i had would have awful amplitude and the rate would fluctuate ridiculously depending on how wound it was.

Zaron

15/9/20
Austria AT 🇦🇹
Hello folks !

It's unbelievable what kind of knowledge is offered here. As a rep beginner who has been reading here for years but only recently got a cheap starter watch, it's amazing. have read all pages thanks for the input!

I was going to get the black LN, but now I'm in love with the 16613LB Blusey, your photos look incredible!

To get the best out of it I got it right that:
- i need to get a Raffels Champagne DW
- Bezel Mod (Wobbly)
- a new Crystal; does anyone have some recommendation?
- QC Pics of the movement to make sure I get the new VR3135
- Clasp Sticker for protection
- possibly Reshaping of the Lungs
- possibly other Hands (non-maxi)?

would be very happy about recommendations / confirmations / links or other mods :)

Thanks a lot !

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
Hello folks !

It's unbelievable what kind of knowledge is offered here. As a rep beginner who has been reading here for years but only recently got a cheap starter watch, it's amazing. have read all pages thanks for the input!

I was going to get the black LN, but now I'm in love with the 16613LB Blusey, your photos look incredible!

To get the best out of it I got it right that:
- i need to get a Raffels Champagne DW
- Bezel Mod (Wobbly)
- a new Crystal; does anyone have some recommendation?
- QC Pics of the movement to make sure I get the new VR3135
- Clasp Sticker for protection
- possibly Reshaping of the Lungs
- possibly other Hands (non-maxi)?

would be very happy about recommendations / confirmations / links or other mods :)

Thanks a lot !
I had the same feeling! Have read everything on this thread, and still following.
Regarding your list, the only thing I know is that the Hands issue is only for the 16610LV (Kermit). It has the wrong seconds and hour hands, as far as I understand.

Reactions: Zaron

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
The VR3135 in this is one of the best i have ever had. Regulated to -3~5 s/d and it is CONSISTENT. Doesn’t even fluctuate with amplitude. Winding got gritty after several mods so i took the rotor off and went around with a blower and rodico, and it’s winding buttery smooth again.
All the other VS and VR movements i had would have awful amplitude and the rate would fluctuate ridiculously depending on how wound it was.
The newer VR’s are amazing. I got the newest one with the fake lever that looks like Gen and it was running +1 sec, 300 amp and 0.0 beat error out of the box. I couldn’t believe it. The one in the BP is the previous version with the normal timing levers, but still very good. theres no need to upgrade to a VSF these days unless your VR is dead. Just watch out for the cheap $60-80 VR on AliExpress as it’s the old old version and the new hybrid that seems to be out now (after the SH and VR merger) with the mix of SH and VR parts. I have no clue how reliable that one will be.

Last edited:

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
Got this in today. I pulled the crystal and gave the rehaut a light polish, changed the crystal to a CF 126710 V3 with a 2.7mm gasket, and used some 0.56mm fishline that I sanded down to 0.50ish mm to reduce the vertical play the bezel had. Now there is no more vertical bezel play and the rotation is spot on now. I was going to just use a 16610 crystal retaining ring and completely swap to a 5 digit bezel setup but realized there was the lip that would stop the retaining ring from being flush. I was going to use a 2.85 or 3mm crystal gasket to get the correct "looking" crystal height but the date was huge lol. I settled for the 2.7mm gasket in the end even though it looks like the crystal sits lower than I would like. Also swapped over a spare VS autowind which smithed out the winding. I am quite satisfied with the watch now and feel it is a perfect daily.

Pcs:

Question- how did you use the fishing line to reduce the vertical play? Have this same issue and I’m sure the retaining ring is pressed in fully but can’t figure out how to reduce the bezel play

rickyman94

Known Member
21/10/17
thanks a lot will order clean 6digits tt arf bracelet, i will keep the clasp also at it is also 😊 no one will check if it hollow or not ahaha
Where are you planning on ordering the bracelet from? Been looking for a nice two tone 6 digit bracelet for mine!

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
Question- how did you use the fishing line to reduce the vertical play? Have this same issue and I’m sure the retaining ring is pressed in fully but can’t figure out how to reduce the bezel play
@KJ2020 has a thread that explains this better than I can. I'll look for the link

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I was just quoted a month for a bluesy 😅
I ordered a 16613 blue from Trusty 33 days ago and it’s just shipped this week. I was not happy because when I ordered it, he told me it was in stock. Then after waiting 3 weeks of being kept in the dark, I asked to get a VSF Datejust 41 instead and he said it would be at least a couple weeks to get That one, so I just waited for this BP. Hopefully I get it this week because its been a long wait.