• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

That

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/13
but this is a bpf thread... jk jk wear in good health.
did bp ever release without rehault engraving?

William986

Getting To Know The Place
8/1/24
Would the BPF dial be considered a floating "m" I keep hearing about on some reps ?

hollywoodrollie

12/12/23
Would the BPF dial be considered a floating "m" I keep hearing about on some reps ?
No, the "floating m" refers to the m sitting a bit higher than the 300. The m on these is legit for some 5 digits versions including some newer 6 digit ones. It's not so common on 5 digits though which is why I wish BP didn't use it... If I built a rep I'd prefer keeping it more "mainstream" :)

William986

8/1/24
No, the "floating m" refers to the m sitting a bit higher than the 300. The m on these is legit for some 5 digits versions including some newer 6 digit ones. It's not so common on 5 digits though which is why I wish BP didn't use it... If I built a rep I'd prefer keeping it more "mainstream" :)
Thanks for that , I figured . My first rep but wasn't sure if that extra space meant the famous floating M I been hearing about on some reps.

William986

8/1/24
Wow stunning. I ordered a VSF 6digit sub to replace my lost TC V3 but now I wish I just ordered this. 5 digit subs are just better.
These are cool out of the box, compared to my Gen the outer bezel and crown feels a lot sharper on the BP, other than that I really don't have much complaint . It's a rep after all and it has met my expectations.

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
These are cool out of the box, compared to my Gen the outer bezel and crown feels a lot sharper on the BP, other than that I really don't have much complaint . It's a rep after all and it has met my expectations.

Could you post a pic of your gen with the BP?
Specifically curious about the lug shape; debating whether to reshape my BP lug sides when it arrives

Reactions: AllanV

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
KokGpD.jpeg

AllanV

Supporter
Certified
4/3/23
EU
My QC for BP16610LN from Hont.
It seems BP is back to using VR3135, at least for now. But no changes to the bracelet or bezels

Great news! And happy you got it after so long waiting time.

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
We post our successes, might as well also share our failures.
So i got my BP 16610LN today, and i right away took it apart. I got the idea of shaving the lug sides, and i know i wouldnt be at peace until i attempted it.
BP 16610 generally feels great btw, with great 6-digit bezel action. But my build quality was kinda wack, with the crystal not properly inserted. Crystal came off with the bezel and was crooked upon inspection. Will be changing with a Deep Crystal and the stock 2.7mm gasket.

I used a tabletop belt sander to slightly grind down the outer sides of the lugs. It reduced the chamfer, but consequently made the lugs slightly thinner. But im more or less on with it since i have thinner wrists and prefer thinner lugs.

Where i messed up was in attempting to touch the crown guards. I wanted to slightly thin the outer crown guards, since TC cases have slightly thinner CG tips. I didnā€™t realize how weak this BP midcase is - even with 800 grit sand paper, the slightest touch immediately cut too much. It left a groove, so i was left trying to cut more around the edges by hand to try to even it out.

In the end, i have a case that is less gen-like than what i started with, but at least itā€™s more or less symmetrical and can still function for what its worth. Another lesson i canā€™t seem to quite get - donā€™t touch if it ainā€™t broke šŸ’€

Before: Stock BP midcase

After case reshape:

Next up: waiting for my gen DW to arrive and will put that in a new VS3135 i got. Will add the Deep crystal and an ARF bezel insert