• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

pinoyako04

Getting To Know The Place
24/3/21
The bracelet mid links are not fully plated.. plated at the SEL but if you look close on the hollow midlinks it’s only plated on the top and bottom. I used clean factory two tone bracelet and used omega spring bars (more flexible) to put the bracelet to add some weight and used the original deployment buckle and it works.. photos coming
Hows the the clean bracelet on your bp tt? Is the gold color tone match? same tone? Planning to buy clean’s 116613lb arf bracelet, hope it matches the gold color tone.

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Just in, thanks to my friend @wubsub :geek:
Lovely piece and well made! But not sure if I can wear this in real life :ROFLMAO:
IMG-8056.jpg

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Added gen insert, hands and raffles serti dial to my 16613.
My question: is it worth changing the crystal sind if so, what would you suggest ?

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
Added gen insert, hands and raffles serti dial to my 16613.
My question: is it worth changing the crystal sind if so, what would you suggest ?
I just got my Bluesy back from my watch smith. Added Raffles date wheel and @Dizzy recommended the Clarks all AR crystal. It does not have LEC but who cares, no one can see it and it makes the dial look incredible. Dont ask me for pics cause I suck at it but take my word, @Dizzy was correct.

hollywoodrollie

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/23
Here's my method for brushing the polished sides of the BP 16610 LN bracelet. I practiced this on a cheap seiko mod oyster bracelet I had in my parts bin and the results are pretty good.

Materials:
- grey scuff pad / scotch brite (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038D35YO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1)
- wood spatula / paint / stir stick
- tape

Tape a segment of the bracelet to the wooden stick

Place the scuff pad on your work bench and brush the side of the bracelet over the pad, several times, in the same direction. The polish goes away pretty quickly, after only a few brushes. Keep at it until you're happy with the result.

Video:

Before:

After:

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Thx bro, clarks is only available from US and shipping is rather expensive. Does anyone know an alternative in the EU ?

Reactions: cpd2186

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Thx bro, clarks is only available from US and shipping is rather expensive. Does anyone know an alternative in the EU ?
You can change the crystal to an ARF or JF or also Clean or VSF one which are much better (especially the LEC)
You can also source one from Watchparts (Ernst Westphal) from their shop in Germany. These crystals are also very nice.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
You can change the crystal to an ARF or JF or also Clean or VSF one which are much better (especially the LEC)
You can also source one from Watchparts (Ernst Westphal) from their shop in Germany. These crystals are also very nice.
Why would anyone want to change to a Clean crystal? They are the worst by a country mile.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
One more Problem one of you may be able to solve. I installed gen hands, Hour and second hand caused
No Problem, but when I have installed the second hand the movement stops. As soon as I take it off the movement starts running again. Any idear ? @KJ2020 ?

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Why would anyone want to change to a Clean crystal? They are the worst by a country mile.
You are correct. But still better than the very big and visible LEC on the BP crystal :)

But for a 5-digit the clean crystal works better than on a 6-digit ;)

Reactions: KJ2020

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
You are correct. But still better than the very big and visible LEC on the BP crystal :)

But for a 5-digit the clean crystal works better than on a 6-digit ;)
Is the stock BP crystal bad?
Might consider putting in an order for a Deep xtal if the BP needs it. But the pics of the BP doesn’t seem too bad…