• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I got mine a few weeks ago and i really love it!

Movement is smooth, winding is smooth

Only thing that bothered me is the date wheel colour that is a tad too orange so i replaced it with a champagne one wich is a much closer match!

Wow that looks really good. So good that I just ordered one for myself. It will be my first two-tone watch in probably 15 years. I’m excited to see it and do a couple mods. Drilled lug holes, a little case reshaping, and some patina on the dial hands and insert. Should be good.

Reactions: cpd2186 and Nur-Uhr

NinetyThree

Certified
14/5/19
I got mine a few weeks ago and i really love it!

Movement is smooth, winding is smooth

Only thing that bothered me is the date wheel colour that is a tad too orange so i replaced it with a champagne one wich is a much closer match!

Where did you order this? Looks great. I asked JTime if he has latest batch of the BP16613LB but he was not aware of any new releases.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Where did you order this? Looks great. I asked JTime if he has latest batch of the BP16613LB but he was not aware of any new releases.
They are producing the same watches, no new updates, no V2 , same parts as before. According to Trusty production volume is not that large. Order, wait and you shall receive.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
still have not received my AC from Jtime. Waiting since Jan 9 already …
I ordered mine from Jtime at the same time as you and received my BP 3 weeks ago - the watch, not QC pics.

Are you sure you ordered from the correct site? There are a few scam sites which pretend to be Jtime…

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
I was fortunate enough to try on the 16618 circa 1993/94 this week. Drilled lug holes. I know it’s not 1:1 with the BP but to my surprise I struggled to differentiate the weight. The old full gold version is very light weight compared to today’s full gold SubC.
With a bracelet swap for the newer version and keep old clasp we have a winner.

BP
KWZnik.jpeg

startingvintage

Still New
11/8/19
I ordered mine from Jtime at the same time as you and received my BP 3 weeks ago - the watch, not QC pics.

Are you sure you ordered from the correct site? There are a few scam sites which pretend to be Jtime…
Received QC today 🙌
Have Li on speed dial and always order via WhatsApp.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
I was fortunate enough to try on the 16618 circa 1993/94 this week. Drilled lug holes. I know it’s not 1:1 with the BP but to my surprise I struggled to differentiate the weight. The old full gold version is very light weight compared to today’s full gold SubC.
With a bracelet swap for the newer version and keep old clasp we have a winner.

BP
KWZnik.jpeg
Oh yes. This ^^ is so true.
When you take a look on my comparison in this thread, you will see - the BP 16618 is top notch!!
Also the weight is not so the big difference as you would suppose.

startingvintage

Still New
11/8/19
Question (maybe I overlooked the info): is there consensus which bezel should be used for the BP16610? I can’t unsee the 40 and would like to swop it

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
@flashu

Guess I jinxed myself talking about stuck casebacks. I had ANOTHER one a couple days ago - a BP 16710. Couldn't get it off to save my life and ruined two caseback sockets trying.

JB Weld to the rescue. Came off like I was scooping ice cream, haha.

KWaiv8.jpeg

KWaozK.jpeg

KWaa6R.jpeg

The caseback continued to be problematic getting it back on, even with the help of the glued on socket as a handle so I just swapped it for another one I had in my parts drawer. I'll try this caseback with another case, sometimes it's just the combination that isn't great I think.