• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

nbeezy

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
5/6/22
Does anyone know wheter these subs would lend themselfes for a tudor dial swap? I saw that the dial on the BPs are 27.8 mm, the raffles dial im looking at apparently has 29 mm and fits on an eta 2836 2824 or miyota 8215

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does anyone know wheter these subs would lend themselfes for a tudor dial swap? I saw that the dial on the BPs are 27.8 mm, the raffles dial im looking at apparently has 29 mm and fits on an eta 2836 2824 or miyota 8215
Same answer as here bro

Reactions: cpd2186

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Should the insert sit flush with the top of the bezel outter wall or be a little sunken in the bezel with the edge of the bezel visible slightly?

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
KHKgti.jpeg

KHhDEb.jpeg

KHhjHp.jpeg

KHKceX.jpeg

KHhz15.jpeg

KHh34F.jpeg

KHhHgt.jpeg

KHhho2.jpeg
Give me a review brother!!! Seriously about to put in order

Reactions: Karbon74

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Should the insert sit flush with the top of the bezel outter wall or be a little sunken in the bezel with the edge of the bezel visible slightly?
It should be recessed in a little bit. Enough to just catch your finger nail. It shouldn’t be above the bezel lip. You can sand the insert to make it thinner if needed.

Reactions: watcher009

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada

interesting. The top pic is my QC pic and bottom is what it looks like on my time grapher the day it arrived. It’s not magnetized. Makes no sense how this could get messed up in shipping. Annoying.

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20

interesting. The top pic is my QC pic and bottom is what it looks like on my time grapher the day it arrived. It’s not magnetized. Makes no sense how this could get messed up in shipping. Annoying.
Packages are quite abused,Didn't happen to me to have same timegrapher results after watch was delivered

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Have you tried winding the movement? I know sometimes when movement is about to run out of the gas it tends to slow down a lot.

Reactions: johnlogan

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Have you tried winding the movement? I know sometimes when movement is about to run out of the gas it tends to slow down a lot.
Good point amplitude is low , winding might sort this

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea

Happens. I had a different watch arrive with the hairspring all tangled up. Assuming it was damage during shipping. Had to pay $50 for a watchsmith to untangle it. Your watch looks like just a regulation might correct the issue.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
It’s fully wound. I got it to -8 sec and 0.1 beat error but my amplitude is around 150. I’m thinking I like the hairspring idea. They must have thrown the package off the plane before it landed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cpd2186

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU

Give it 24 hours and try again, post the results - fully wound

Reactions: EarlOfBacon

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I wish BP wouldn't have such fat chamfers on the 5-digit lugs. My main complaint, and was hoping that would be fixed on this updated release.

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
Is there someone who is on case polishing grinding duty at the BP factory sitting there with a giant grin on his face in the knowing they are cutting in these monster chamfers on the lugs and how much it annoys everyone?
Excited Dr Evil GIF

Reactions: KushBandit

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
It’s fully wound. I got it to -8 sec and 0.1 beat error but my amplitude is around 150. I’m thinking I like the hairspring idea. They must have thrown the package off the plane before it landed.
It's probably not a winding issue; low amplitude due to lack of charge ends up making movements faster, not slower (amp and rate are inversely related).
It really just looks like you can fix it by opening it up and regulating it. Not difficult

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
Is there someone who is on case polishing grinding duty at the BP factory sitting there with a giant grin on his face in the knowing they are cutting in these monster chamfers on the lugs and how much it annoys everyone?
Excited Dr Evil GIF

I know the big chamfers aren't gen-like; however, I actually like big chamfers on my watches. it makes the lugs seem slightly thinner, which is the whole reason why I want a 5-digit sub. Plus, if anyone asks and you don't want to tell them it's a rep, then just say the case was refinished lol