• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Ofc performance is greater with a gen balance bro. It's the engine of the movement. If you built a replica kit car would you want it to have a KIA or Ferrari engine?

These stock balances go for about $30 on Ali Express. @interaktiv has 3 gen ones currently for sale at $800 apiece. Such an upgrade is usually reserved for the best basic movements (DD, VS) in a Franken watch though.
I just got mine back from the Trusted watchsmith yesterday. I really like the peace of mind having Gen balance, balance wheel, pallet forks, escape wheel, and barrel has given me. I knew the original design was the way to go. I just didn’t know how much better it would be. I appreciate hearing from someone who knows about this stuff. I definitely think it’s worth doing and I ordered a 124060 vsf no date that’s going to get the same treatment.

Reactions: KJ2020

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
I can’t wait to get mine and see how they look. Would be nice if they went with a solid middle link for the gold models. For the crystal, Clarke makes a “total AR” submariner crystal with full (single side) under side AR. I’ve got one on the 16800 and it’s pretty nice.

Clark's also has a crystal with AR date window (only) and LEC at bottom. Can I ask your opinion on which you would choose and why? I know no one can see the LEC! Is the all AR worth it?

All AR or AR date window (only) with LEC?

Clark's does not make all AR with LEC. I asked Gary.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just got mine back from the Trusted watchsmith yesterday. I really like the peace of mind having Gen balance, balance wheel, pallet forks, escape wheel, and barrel has given me. I knew the original design was the way to go. I just didn’t know how much better it would be. I appreciate hearing from someone who knows about this stuff. I definitely think it’s worth doing and I ordered a 124060 vsf no date that’s going to get the same treatment.

Reactions: Zeta7

Molokai express

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
14/4/21
Hey peeps--In 2021 I got an ARF 16610 and had BK put in an ETA 2824, and a gen crystal, and a new (not gen) dial, but I forget the name of it. Looks like there have been several upgrades to the the base model Rep 16610s available. Thinking of selling the AF and just want to understand the current market. Would my ARF BK mod still be a desirable piece considering new offerings?

Reactions: Zero2

dk2852

2/2/22
Received the Bluesy today! This thing is gorgeous and the gold tone lives up to BP's reputation as one of the best. I got some comparison photos with a gen 18k two-tone Rolex from the 5 digit era. As you can see in different lightings there is a subtle difference, but one that can't be seen without a gen to compare.
The bracelet on the other hand is pretty bad. The tolerances are cheap, and it jangles badly (yes I own gen 5 digit Rolexes, this is way worse). ARF/RAF 5-digit bracelets feel much more solid than this. Not sure why it feels so thin, light, and cheap. This doesn't affect the looks fortunately, but it is something to be aware of.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Received my 16610 today, will upload some more pics in time
IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

Lolcat9995

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Anyone found a SS 6 digit series bracelet that will fit this BP case?

Received the Bluesy today! This thing is gorgeous and the gold tone lives up to BP's reputation as one of the best. I got some comparison photos with a gen 18k two-tone Rolex from the 5 digit era. As you can see in different lightings there is a subtle difference, but one that can't be seen without a gen to compare.
The bracelet on the other hand is pretty bad. The tolerances are cheap, and it jangles badly (yes I own gen 5 digit Rolexes, this is way worse). ARF/RAF 5-digit bracelets feel much more solid than this. Not sure why it feels so thin, light, and cheap. This doesn't affect the looks fortunately, but it is something to be aware of.

k0hr

Still New
3/1/20
Is trusty the only TD selling these? I don’t see them on Jtime’s site, just messaged Li about them, nor do I see on PT.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
They're fairly new so TDs may not have gotten to making ads for them yet. I got mine from Hont. Most should be able to get it.

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
BP "gold" color is great. However out of about 10 BP gold bracelets I've owned only one of them has tarnished on me after a few years. It was from a 16613, the only BP 5 digit gold bracelet I have.

I replaced it with one from a 116613, glidelock and all. It and all my other 6 digit BP gold bracelets have held up like new.

The untarnished links had been covered with protective film.

zTRCoi.jpg

Replacement 116613 bracelet, bought about the same time, stored and cared for identically - wiping, desiccant, etc.

16645210453330.jpg

KJ, This may be a dumb question but do you know if a baby oil bath for the 16613 bracelet will harm the plating?

Carrick1

30/8/15
Just checking if there are delays with TD and receiving QC’s at the moment waiting on 16610LN pictures

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Clark's also has a crystal with AR date window (only) and LEC at bottom. Can I ask your opinion on which you would choose and why? I know no one can see the LEC! Is the all AR worth it?

All AR or AR date window (only) with LEC?

Clark's does not make all AR with LEC. I asked Gary.

I could care less about the laser etched crown. On a Gen you can’t even see it so I honestly don’t understand the fascination of needing it there. 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve got single side full AR on my Daytona and two different Submariners. All Rolex crystals should be single side AR. It’s great. Makes the dial look so much better. You dont need a black hole crystal on this watch as it didn’t come that way from factory.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and cpd2186

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Wow those crown guards are so much better than the JF, ARF, Startime etc. bezel is looking a little thick. Can someone measure the bezel thickness and see how it compares to Gen?

Reactions: dk2852