• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Ok don't hate on me, but I want to put a non cyclops crystal in one of these BP 5 digit subs (I hate the cyclops and it sounds like crystal would not be a completely pointless upgrade anyway....) . Anyone got advice on what to ask from the TD. Thinking 'deep crystal' ? I don't think they have access to Clark in china, right? Or am I better off receiving it in the UK first then sending it to someone local to do the job? Thx team.
Get a deep crystal for Daytona 116500. Full underside AR And no cyclops. It fits perfect On the 16610.

Reactions: Sweetrep

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
Cannot say bro. I am not a fan of oil on a bracelet. The only way it can temporarily help is by leaving oil remnants in crevices which will ultimately attract dust and grime.

Ultrasound clean in water with a few drops of liquid soap followed by a rinse in clear warm water is it for me. There are a couple places on clasps where you can put a single square of protective film that will deaden most of the tinny noise that can occur.

I've posted it before but IME BP TT 5 digit bracelets are not great. Of about 10 TT or FG bracelets I own, the only one that oxidized badly was a BP 5 digit TT. It had meticulous care - wiping down, stored with desiccant, never sweated on, etc. YMMV.

The unoxidized sections have protective film. I've replaced it with a 6 digit BP TT which fit the case well. @Lolcat9995
zTRCoi.jpg
Thank you for your wisdom!

Reactions: KJ2020

k0hr

Still New
3/1/20
Can anyone confirm what gen parts if any do these models accept?

I believe I read further back, inserts needed shaving?

How about crystal? Does gen fit? Gen Tube/crown?

Ive been out of modding for awhile I’m used to tc subs, and accepting gen parts.

I did just however pull trigger on a 16613.

If these accept gen crystal though and inserts/ tube/crown id maybe add a few models of these to my collection to mod.

thanks fellas for the pics of yours btw, these do look nice, nice to see older subs being repped again.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Can anyone confirm what gen parts if any do these models accept?

I believe I read further back, inserts needed shaving?

How about crystal? Does gen fit? Gen Tube/crown?

Ive been out of modding for awhile I’m used to tc subs, and accepting gen parts.

I did just however pull trigger on a 16613.

If these accept gen crystal though and inserts/ tube/crown id maybe add a few models of these to my collection to mod.

thanks fellas for the pics of yours btw, these do look nice, nice to see older subs being repped again.
If you want to fit a gen tube, order a tap size m3x0.35 and then you can put a gen tube on anything and it’s also nice to have to clean out the threads after you remove the old tube. I think the only thing that won’t work is a gen dial. The bezel insert if easy to shave down by a half mm or so with some 220 grit wet dry sandpaper.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr and k0hr

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I was really hoping to get it shipped out before the end of the month, before the new years shut downs. I emailed Andres aka Trusty to see if the 16618 is in stock or not and I haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: cpd2186

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I was really hoping to get it shipped out before the end of the month, before the new years shut downs. I emailed Andres aka Trusty to see if the 16618 is in stock or not and I haven’t heard back yet.
I'm glad you said this. I'll have to hold off till the holiday.

Reactions: Dizzy and dk2852

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I recieved 2 bp 16613 and the crystal.gasket design in rubbish. I could not replace crystal.with a deep crystal. What is the best 5 digit case I can actually get my hands on? The dial and movement are accepatble.

VintageSubEnjoyer

Getting To Know The Place
21/9/23
I recieved 2 bp 16613 and the crystal.gasket design in rubbish. I could not replace crystal.with a deep crystal. What is the best 5 digit case I can actually get my hands on? The dial and movement are accepatble.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can you post some pics of your BP case with the bezel removed showing how and where the crystal gasket fits?

The previous batches of BP 16613/8 use shorter height crystal gaskets than gen-spec, but even using those I have been able to replace the stock crystal with a gen-spec one.

The Deep crystals have a slightly different edge profile than gen. The crystal indent "groove" where the gasket "tongue" fits is narrower and this may be why you are having a fit issue.

HcVS8i.jpeg

HcVGAX.jpeg

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Can you post some pics of your BP case with the bezel removed showing how and where the crystal gasket fits?

The previous batches of BP 16613/8 use shorter height crystal gaskets than gen-spec, but even using those I have been able to replace the stock crystal with a gen-spec one.

The Deep crystals have a slightly different edge profile than gen. The crystal indent "groove" where the gasket "tongue" fits is narrower and this may be why you are having a fit issue.

HcVS8i.jpeg

HcVGAX.jpeg
The deep is thinner than BP stock. I think my issue was the gasket. It was squashed so not reusable. I will say overall BP looks good but design is crap. Why not just build it like a Gen.?

BP xtal is .03 mm thicker outer diameter is the same.

Carrick1

30/8/15
Any query guys, is that a gap right bottom corner or am I just being a little stir crazy. Otherwise I think it looks good.

Reactions: calamityjane