• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
I could care less about the laser etched crown. On a Gen you can’t even see it so I honestly don’t understand the fascination of needing it there. 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’ve got single side full AR on my Daytona and two different Submariners. All Rolex crystals should be single side AR. It’s great. Makes the dial look so much better. You dont need a black hole crystal on this watch as it didn’t come that way from factory.
Thank you!!

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Just checking if there are delays with TD and receiving QC’s at the moment waiting on 16610LN pictures

btw im on the 14 day after confirming the payment and still not getting the qc photos
I completely understand your reply to this! I just have no understanding of the plating process and want to make sure I don't screw things up!

Was more of a joke, however you are not heating boiling that baby oil no? :D

cpd2186

Runway Model
5/4/16
btw im on the 14 day after confirming the payment and still not getting the qc photos

Was more of a joke, however you are not heating boiling that baby oil no? :D
LOL.... No but thanks for verifying!!!

• Haha
Reactions: flashu

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
Waiting for my 16613 from trusty too, but Don't believe he will get it before CNY. So I havd to be
patient. Owned this watch as a gen and was stupid enough to sell it years ago.
Now I hsve a gen insert waiting and may install a deep crystal.
Do you thing other hands and a gen crown are woth the money ?

hollywoodrollie

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/23
Waiting for my 16613 from trusty too, but Don't believe he will get it before CNY. So I havd to be
patient. Owned this watch as a gen and was stupid enough to sell it years ago.
Now I hsve a gen insert waiting and may install a deep crystal.

The gen insert won't fit, see the measurements below. I have a Horlogear and had to shave it down to reduce the OD. It fits but it was a bit of work.

On the 16610LN bezel insert situation, here are the measurements:

- bezel inner diameter 37.55
- BP bezel insert 37.34 (this one drops in with zero friction, requires glue to stay on)
- Horlogear 37.57 (I can't get it to seat, it will either take some extra elbow grease, sanding or pressing in? to fit)

Here are a couple of videos of the original insert and the black Horlogear fit

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
IMG_8006.jpg
IMG_8012.jpg

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
The gen insert won't fit, see the measurements below. I have a Horlogear and had to shave it down to reduce the OD. It fits but it was a bit of work.
I have an insert on order as well. What exactly did you do to make it fit and how did it turn out? I’ll be doing it for the first time so a bit nervous as i don’t want to mess it up. Any advice, tip or help would be much appreciated

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ, This may be a dumb question but do you know if a baby oil bath for the 16613 bracelet will harm the plating?
Cannot say bro. I am not a fan of oil on a bracelet. The only way it can temporarily help is by leaving oil remnants in crevices which will ultimately attract dust and grime.

Ultrasound clean in water with a few drops of liquid soap followed by a rinse in clear warm water is it for me. There are a couple places on clasps where you can put a single square of protective film that will deaden most of the tinny noise that can occur.

I've posted it before but IME BP TT 5 digit bracelets are not great. Of about 10 TT or FG bracelets I own, the only one that oxidized badly was a BP 5 digit TT. It had meticulous care - wiping down, stored with desiccant, never sweated on, etc. YMMV.

The unoxidized sections have protective film. I've replaced it with a 6 digit BP TT which fit the case well. @Lolcat9995
zTRCoi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cpd2186

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
Finally caved and will be ordering a two tone 5 digit BP after Chinese New Years. It's cheap enough for some fun.

• Love
Reactions: KJ2020 and flashu

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
As the bracelet of the 16613 is that bad would a 116613 fit ? @KJ2020 So I could order one together with
the watch...

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
As the bracelet of the 16613 is that bad would a 116613 fit ? @KJ2020 So I could order one together with
the watch...
Yes it will fit.
The 116613 fits also the 16613 and vice versa. Same for the 116610 that fits also th 16610 ...

For personally it is a "no go" to put on a vintage watch, a newer bracelet (same as on an old classic car new racing alloy rims ;) )

Lolcat9995

Certified
31/5/23
UK
Ok don't hate on me, but I want to put a non cyclops crystal in one of these BP 5 digit subs (I hate the cyclops and it sounds like crystal would not be a completely pointless upgrade anyway....) . Anyone got advice on what to ask from the TD. Thinking 'deep crystal' ? I don't think they have access to Clark in china, right? Or am I better off receiving it in the UK first then sending it to someone local to do the job? Thx team.

Lolcat9995

Certified
31/5/23
UK
One other question, have we got a consensus on how close to gen the BP LV bezel is? QC pics look good but haven't seen any photos from members in hand..

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Ok don't hate on me, but I want to put a non cyclops crystal in one of these BP 5 digit subs (I hate the cyclops and it sounds like crystal would not be a completely pointless upgrade anyway....) . Anyone got advice on what to ask from the TD. Thinking 'deep crystal' ? I don't think they have access to Clark in china, right? Or am I better off receiving it in the UK first then sending it to someone local to do the job? Thx team.
If you just want a non cyclops you can just pop off the one there. The safest way is to remove the crystal first but you can do it when the crystal is still in the watch.

Secure the watch in a case holder in a vise, get a soldering iron and press it against the cyclops, after 20-40 seconds you should see it become opaque from the glue melting and you should be able to pop it off with a razor blade or exacto knife. Then you can remove the residue on the cyclops with a q-tip and some acetone. If you have trouble with the soldering iron, some use a butane torch lighter as well.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'v read what KJ pointed out. I shaved inserts before and if there is enough space to the numbers I will make it fit ;)
Yes bro a BP 116713/8 bracelet fit well on mine. You could in fact swap the 5 digit clasp over to the 6 digit bracelet. That is how my TC is set up. I use a Ginault bracelet on it with the TC clasp.

As you can see from my last post pic, using protective film prevents oxidation. There are companies that make these films pre-cut for specific models. The film I used on my Skydweller has a piece that fits closely around the clasp coronet so nearly all of the clasp can be protected. I know film isn't for everyone but I really despise scratches and the production film is really not visible. Even the home made cut up cell phone film I've used is preferable to me than scratches. And preventing oxidation was an unexpected bonus.

Zk4zdj.jpg

ZQY9ZX.jpg

i9vJ3.jpg

WHPIQ.jpg

WHCZS.jpg

WHluW.jpg

WHBhJ.jpg

Last edited:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Just checking if there are delays with TD and receiving QC’s at the moment waiting on 16610LN pictures

I’ve been waiting 8 days now and my paymennt just changed to confirmed ok two days ago. I dont know why that took a week. I paid with Bitcoin and it was confirmed within the hour. no sign of QC pics yet. This TD is usually pretty quick so it must be out of stock. I ordered the black 16618.

Reactions: cpd2186