• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I got VR right?
Does mine loo different than @RobSe1 ?
My opinion remains the same as of yesterday.

I am not sure you understand the difference or what makes the VR a VR, which is why you keep doubting it.

HV5ovP.jpeg

Look at the things I circled. See how the thingy on top (the seat of the balance cap jewel) of the balance wheel is gold? That's VR

See how the red reversing wheel is actually fully red and not half red or something red on top of a normal steel wheel? That's VR.

Enough skepticism or I will start day drinking. :ROFLMAO:

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
That’s something to read “guide to all movements “

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
My opinion remains the same as of yesterday.

I am not sure you understand the difference or what makes the VR a VR, which is why you keep doubting it.

HV5ovP.jpeg

Look at the things I circled. See how the thingy on top (the seat of the balance cap jewel) of the balance wheel is gold? That's VR

See how the red reversing wheel is actually fully red and not half red or something red on top of a normal steel wheel? That's VR.

Enough skepticism or I will start day drinking. :ROFLMAO:
Now I see it clearly my friend! I would join you but you know, dry January!!

• Haha
Reactions: mclarendude

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
With SH acquiring VR I wonder if we’re seeing the last of the quality everyone has come to expect from VR movements? I might grab up a couple just in case. Just my paranoia

Reactions: Jack Jumpin

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
With SH acquiring VR I wonder if we’re seeing the last of the quality everyone has come to expect from VR movements? I might grab up a couple just in case. Just my paranoia
I think it's the other way. SH is known for their lesser movements in the 3135 regime and could be trying to compete with VS in that market.

Reactions: Zeta7

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Yours is an SA bro. BP didn't use the SH (V1) as we all knew them. The SA is less reliable than the SH. Unpainted teeth on the autowind reversing gears is another tell besides the balance assembly.

Z7gtib.jpg

3135 movement comparison Gen-SA-SH-VR

Mate these upgrade on VR’s like serial number engravings, instead “laser printed” like in, VS are great.

But how easy could be put a gen balance on VR compared with VS? I’ve read that in possible on both, and that on VS you need to shave a bit the holes of the bridge to fit propely. But what is the job about do this on VR?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mate these upgrade on VR’s like serial number engravings, instead “laser printed” like in, VS are great.

But how easy could be put a gen balance on VR compared with VS? I’ve read that in possible on both, and that on VS you need to shave a bit the holes of the bridge to fit propely. But what is the job about do this on VR?
IDK of anyone who has tried that bro so I cant say. Maybe @WatchSmith.US or @dogwood

Reactions: lukko

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What are the benefits of changing to Gen balance and balance wheel? Are they just aesthetic or is performance improved
Ofc performance is greater with a gen balance bro. It's the engine of the movement. If you built a replica kit car would you want it to have a KIA or Ferrari engine?

These stock balances go for about $30 on Ali Express. @interaktiv has 3 gen ones currently for sale at $800 apiece. Such an upgrade is usually reserved for the best basic movements (DD, VS) in a Franken watch though.