• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Any 20mm “should” work. I had a Raffles one and it didn’t fit well. But a good one should fit just fine.
Not so sure about that. Thinking the same thing, I bought a 20mm two-tone Jubilee to use on a 116713 GMT and it didn’t fit.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I did say “should”.

Most people put 6 digit bracelets on 5 digits without issue. Where did you get the bracelet from? The biggest issue is usually the curve of the bracelet at the end link. That’s what made the Raffles one not fit well.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I did say “should”.

Most people put 6 digit bracelets on 5 digits without issue. Where did you get the bracelet from? The biggest issue is usually the curve of the bracelet at the end link. That’s what made the Raffles one not fit well.
I know you said “should” which is why I said “not so sure”. We sound like a couple of lawyers. 😉

I bought the bracelet on AliExpress which is always iffy. It actually looks nice and is still in plastic if someone wants it cheap. The problem was the SELs fit OK but didn’t line up with the lug holes. I think it could be made to work but I sold the watch before getting around to it.

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Does anyone have any side pics of the hollow link son the two tone bracelet? The older version is off on the gold color and the sides of the links are unfinished metal (as in not plated) which was a big tell.

Curious if the bracelet is better and more gen looking.

Also wonder if TDs can source just the bracelet if it truly is better.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I know you said “should” which is why I said “not so sure”. We sound like a couple of lawyers. 😉

I bought the bracelet on AliExpress which is always iffy. It actually looks nice and is still in plastic if someone wants it cheap. The problem was the SELs fit OK but didn’t line up with the lug holes. I think it could be made to work but I sold the watch before getting around to it.

Yeah, always a risk through other places. I’ve swapped bracelets between watches that were all 20mm with ease. It’s when you get one randomly that the risk increases.

Reactions: Slugger

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I put a 6 digit BP TT bracelet on a 5 digit BP case. The fit was perfect. Kept the Glidelock as I love them.

16645210453330.jpg

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
Not eligible to sell

And no advertising outside of M2M.

Please familiarise yourself with the sales rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
I put a 6 digit BP TT bracelet on a 5 digit BP case. The fit was perfect. Kept the Glidelock as I love them.

16645210453330.jpg
Love the serti. Just wanna buy a 16613 and have to make my dicision between BP and ARF.
I have gen insert but as far as I understand with some work it will fit the BP bezel too ?

Does anyone know if there is a 16613 with this serti dial available at the moment ?

Zero2

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/9/23
UK
Not eligible to sell

And no advertising outside of M2M.

Please familiarise yourself with the sales rules.
Get yourself certified and a supporter. I’m interested in your BP 16610LN 😀 also it supports an amazing forum! 👌🏻

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Love the serti. Just wanna buy a 16613 and have to make my dicision between BP and ARF.
I have gen insert but as far as I understand with some work it will fit the BP bezel too ?

Does anyone know if there is a 16613 with this serti dial available at the moment ?
Measure the OD of your gen insert bro.

@hollywoodrollie made some measurements of the new BP release parts

BP might still make the 16613 Serti but their Serti dials have ETA date windows. Mine is a mod with a Raffles dial that has a Rolex date window. Also the ETA movement was replaced with a VR3135.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winni1611

analogwailer

Getting To Know The Place
3/9/18
I think it's unlikely they would have changed the dial supplier or commissioned a new dial. But AFAIK no one has actually measured one of the new release dials or tried a gen dial fit in this new batch.
I did measured gen dial is smaller, didn’t note sorry, to fit gen dial I put a thin rubber ring between BP dial gasket and seating date that make gen dial stay most in the center.
https://clickpix.org/image/IMG-0081.HJ1Os8

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I did measured gen dial is smaller, didn’t note sorry, to fit gen dial I put a thin rubber ring between BP dial gasket and seating date that make gen dial stay most in the center.
https://clickpix.org/image/IMG-0081.HJ1Os8
That doesn't look bad in that pic. The fit is SOOO close that it would take a clear, very close up pic to see the dial edge. But I think it's still not optimal if flawless is the goal.

Gen GMT dial (same OD as Sub) in a previous batch BP 3135
HJ9L6X.jpeg

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
That doesn't look bad in that pic. The fit is SOOO close that it would take a clear, very close up pic to see the dial edge. But I think it's still not optimal if flawless is the goal.

Gen GMT dial (same OD as Sub) in a previous batch BP 3135
HJ9L6X.jpeg
A bit maddening that they are sooooo close to getting it right though 😅

Reactions: KJ2020

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Hmmm that’s too bad. These replica case makers sure like their 28.5 - 29mm dials these days. too bad star time doesn’t have their cheap 16610 case anymore. That was a great deal for a Gen spec case with lug holes.

Reactions: RobSe1