• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Wow that’s an old movement. Thats the old first version of the 3135 that Yuki Had, the SA3135, and the JF16610 had a long time ago with that autowind problem with the reversing gears. The SH came after this one. What TD was that from?

Last edited:

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I just ordered a 16618 black/gold from Andrew and asked for a QC photo of the balance. He said it voids the warranty of the watch for them to open it but I said I don’t care.

has everyone else who’s received one, opened it up to verify the movement?

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Take out the bezel assembly. If you see a 6 digit construction then it is a new version. Who knows if BP is using the old movement to the new case.

Reactions: Dizzy and RobSe1

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Hmmmm, I just woke up and saw the photos of the movement and was about to ask the same,?doesn’t seem right compared with both variations of VR3135

I have two orderes with different TD same model, one is on the way the others one still waiting for qc , will definitely open and report here

This is not very good for then buyers
This sucks

Last edited:
Reactions: trash3939

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I just ordered a 16618 black/gold from Andrew and asked for a QC photo of the balance. He said it voids the warranty of the watch for them to open it but I said I don’t care.

has everyone else who’s received one, opened it up to verify the movement?
Andrew has always refused to show movements. That way he avoids an RL if the factory doesn't supply what was ordered.

Reactions: Dizzy and trash3939

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
But in this case it is a misleading for the buyer as me for example I would have not order with SH in it if was described like this
I know we are ordering reps so anything can happen but still this sucks anyway

@RobSe1 can you tell us source TD from where you got the watch?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Getting a surprise SA3135 is definitely a bummer but if it does happen it's not the end of the world. My SA3135 Kermit has been running great, date changes and all for a couple years now. And the VR3135 V1 has come down quite a bit in price. Last I checked they were around $70 on Ali Express.

17003503740530.jpg

Last edited:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Getting a surprise SH3135 is definitely a bummer but if it does happen it's not the end of the world.

VR3135 V1 has come down quite a bit in price. Last I checked they were around $70 on Ali Express.

Yes, I agree with you but again, this is a big thing actually because I’m pretty sure lot of the buyers who took the plunge here where in also because of the VR movement .

Yes, can swap adding. a VR but this will come at a cost which basically take this watch at 400-450 dollars or even more if you go to a watchsmith and not do it yourself

But is not about the value is about the misleading informations from the sellers and this is not good for the industry

Reactions: trash3939

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes, I agree with you but again, this is a big thing actually because I’m pretty sure lot of the buyers who took the plunge here where in also because of the VR movement .

Yes, can swap adding. a VR but this will come at a cost which basically take this watch at 400-450 dollars or even more if you go to a watchsmith and not do it yourself

But is not about the value is about the misleading informations from the sellers and this is not good for the industry
Agree bro I wasn't trying to defend it, just soften the blow a little. Things like this happen we often have to figure out a way to make ourselves whole again.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Agree bro I wasn't trying to defend it, just soften the blow a little. Things like this happen we often have to figure out a way to make ourselves whole again.
Yes yes, I know you didn’t defend it :)
Talking makes us feeling better

Watch(es) looks very nice no questuos about it but also this issue needs to be discussed

Last edited:

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
the SH/VR confusion was one of the reasons i skipped the latest ARF version :(
Would love to hear more feedback from owners when they have the chance to check their new BP’s. I’ll also have to check with my dealer once QC comes

Reactions: RobSe1 and flashu

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Good Morning :D

i did not notice yesterday evening, was too late i guess and my wife was like "come to bed honey it´s late"...i told her how i could go to work without the watch on the wrist? .... women :ROFLMAO:

But your right it is SH and not VR....that´s unlucky but like @KJ2020 said not the end of the world. VR Movements are really inexpensive these days. I´ll get it replaced by myself. As i´m planing to do some mods on the watch it´s not a more of work.

What confuses me more is the fact, it is definitly the new bezel with the click springs - i checked it with a loupe and can barely but clearly see the clicker going up/down . That would mean BP maybe uses old stock of SH Movements to get them out of the House?

@Dizzy - it´s the first time i did not use a TD....should have asked for a Movement pic....well learned the lesson 🙈

Preparing myself for the roast...that´s ok Gentleman - everyone has one free :ROFLMAO:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Good Morning :D

i did not notice yesterday evening, was too late i guess and my wife was like "come to bed honey it´s late"...i told her how i could go to work without the watch on the wrist? .... women :ROFLMAO:

it´s the first time i did not use a TD....should have asked for a Movement pic....well learned the lesson 🙈

Preparing myself for the roast...that´s ok Gentleman - everyone has one free :ROFLMAO:

Point 1 I totally agree, have wife also same she doesn’t understand god damn it

Point 2 - f*ck man, why why why? So it’s not a TD afterall

However this although gives a little relax to mortals like us, it gives more insight what’s going on with this reps depending on the source.

Praise the TD :)))))

I will still open the case backs and check is these batches are fault from factories or it just a purpose made depending on whoever source them.

Reactions: RobSe1