• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Hands are a bit flat. Luckily the crystal is easy to pop off without de-casing the movement, making them super easy to replace. Luckily for me anyway, as it save's me messing up the keyless works which I do every. single. time. and the movement retaining screws always ping off into my carpet, where they will remain until they die.

Keyless is soooo much easier to work with on the VR than ETA clone.

I looked at my 2836 wrong and they keyless got messed up. I’ve messed with my VRs multiple times and haven’t had to mess with the keyless once.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Keyless is soooo much easier to work with on the VR than ETA clone.

I looked at my 2836 wrong and they keyless got messed up. I’ve messed with my VRs multiple times and haven’t had to mess with the keyless once.
Maybe I'll give it a go. I've tried 3x on an eta clone and each time I messed it up. I've done everything right, Its just when it comes to putting the crown back in it either engages and does nothing, or won't go in at all.

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Someone had the idea to use ARF Hands for the BP? They also look very nice. But i`m not sure if the lume will be messed up with the BP Dial.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Maybe I'll give it a go. I've tried 3x on an eta clone and each time I messed it up. I've done everything right, Its just when it comes to putting the crown back in it either engages and does nothing, or won't go in at all.

I can personally say that it’s much easier. Still don’t be a brute, but I’ve had zero issues with my VRs. Nothing but issues with etas unless I am acting like I’m deactivating an IED

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No, it really is that small.

Here is a previous batch BP Kermit
HbTYGp.jpeg

And two gen 16710 inserts, which use the same part number bezel as the 16610.
HbToVX.jpeg

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
I held off on the last new ARF 16610LN, and just came back to see about the BP release.
Bit of issues here and there in terms of gen-comparisons, but it looks like better crown guard and i personally prefer the wider chamfers as a look. Only thing that might bother me is the flat four and maybe crystal?

The $318 price pushed me to purchase. Glad i held off on the ARF ($498).

Reactions: rockdaytona

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
Teetering between the BP 16610LN and the BP 16600. Seems like the 16610LN might be a better build than the 16600 though.
Any thoughts?

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Any thoughts?

Order both and see it then decide :)
This is what I did but o a first look seeing the photos 16610 is more good ootb, the 16600 cg needs to be worked on a little
Still I consider them different watches anyway I know some think they are similar but not quite
Will report back once I have my hands on both

ziggycharly

Certified
17/6/17
How are people finding the bracelet quality on these?

I remember having a BP 16610 a while back and they were the worst part of the watch for me.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
How are people finding the bracelet quality on these?

I remember having a BP 16610 a while back and they were the worst part of the watch for me.
Well...flimsy, ratteling.... like gen :D If you prefere a "better" Bracelet you should stick to the newer Models, they hav no hollow links and new clasps