• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
It's was glued. I cleaned up the residue with alcohol and goo gone. I'll have to try and see if pressure fit is good enough, if not I'll use sticky tape for the new one.
Do you know if those 3m precuts work? I ordered a 10pk hoping they’ll do the trick so I don’t get glue everywhere but they don’t look very promising

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Looks like it's my turn to check tracking for a time now 🙌

HbB56S.jpeg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Upgrading the Hands and insert and this thing is on point.

Reactions: lukko

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Upgrading the Hands and insert and this thing is on point.
Hands are a bit flat. Luckily the crystal is easy to pop off without de-casing the movement, making them super easy to replace. Luckily for me anyway, as it save's me messing up the keyless works which I do every. single. time. and the movement retaining screws always ping off into my carpet, where they will remain until they die.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Hands are a bit flat. Luckily the crystal is easy to pop off without de-casing the movement, making them super easy to replace. Luckily for me anyway, as it save's me messing up the keyless works which I do every. single. time. and the movement retaining screws always ping off into my carpet, where they will remain until they die.
The worst thing i lost was the secure clip from a VS3235 from the paraflex Shock system. At the end i bought a gen clip 😅🙈

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
how do you mess up the keyless on a rolex movement clone? I thought this only happened on those cheap eta clones 😳

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
how do you mess up the keyless on a rolex movement clone? I thought this only happened on those cheap eta clones 😳
Never actually tried on a Rolex clone. I just assumed that it's something I'm just not supposed to do. A bit like calming the wife down when she gets pissed off with me. I have tried in the past, but it only makes things worse. So I don't anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Never actually tried on a Rolex clone. I just assumed that it's something I'm just not supposed to do. A bit like calming the wife down when she gets pissed off with me. I have tried in the past, but it only makes things worse. So I don't anymore. 🤷‍♂️
this mostly happens on the a28xx clones, because the parts are badly made. You can lock the keyless just by breathing on it 😅

The original design is not robust, but on gen ETA and good makers like Sellita or Seagull, it's ok (except if you are a brute)