• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for your reply. So that means the harlogear insert is not an option since its a bit smaller in size. Any gen-spec LN insert you know of that you would recommend? And your thoughts on the crystal? Is it a must change in your opinion? All these questions must tell you how much we value your opinion and knowledge here..
The crystals are fine - all of the latest 3135 ones I've gotten have an AR cyclops which is an improvement over a gen 5 digit crystal IMO. I came to greatly dislike my gen 16710 crystal and replaced it with a gen 6 digit one. The BP LEC may be too visible for some. I'm not bothered enough by it to replace the crystal. An Ebay Clark's with AR cyclops is a good choice if you just want to get rid of the LEC.

There are lots of acceptable LN aftermarket 37.65mm OD inserts. You just have to scout around as vendors and batches change often. Unfortunately many have less than optimal pearls so you may have to swap a better pearl over. I've always used BP pearls to swap over - may need to look elsewhere now. I've bought extra inserts before just to scavenge the pearls.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
The crystals are fine - all of the latest 3135 ones I've gotten have an AR cyclops which is an improvement over a gen 5 digit crystal IMO. I came to greatly dislike my gen 16710 crystal and replaced it with a gen 6 digit one. The BP LEC may be too visible for some. I'm not bothered enough by it to replace the crystal. An Ebay Clark's with AR cyclops is a good choice if you just want to get rid of the LEC.

There are lots of acceptable LN aftermarket 37.65mm OD inserts. You just have to scout around as vendors and batches change often. Unfortunately many have less than optimal pearls so you may have to swap a better pearl over. I've always used BP pearls to swap over - may need to look elsewhere now. I've bought extra inserts before just to scavenge the pearls.
Got it. Thanks for your detailed answers. Very helpful

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Here I go buying 5-digits again. Thanks guys.

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
@rockdaytona

These Ali Express hands are the same ones as the Alibaba link but they are more than double the cost.

I bought from this Alibaba vendor without issue.

Last edited:

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
@rockdaytona

These Ali Express hands are the same ones as the Alibaba link but they are more than double the cost.

I have that seller saved for a bunch of projects I want to do this year

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
@rockdaytona

Yes, AliExpress is often more expensive. Given how many use the exact same stock photos and ad copy, I suspect some (many…most?) of the AliExpress sellers are marking up the price they pay to a vendor on Alibaba.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Yes, AliExpress is often more expensive. Given how many use the exact same stock photos and ad copy, I suspect some (many…most?) of the AliExpress sellers are marking up the price they pay to a vendor on Alibaba.
I bought 2 sets. Anybody want to buy one for $20 holler

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
does this look like the vr3135 lb?

date window looks good as well as the font, i am just worried cos cgs are a bit stubby but that can be from the pov/plastic and insert a bit purpleish but may be lighting

HGoCAt.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
does this look like the vr3135 lb?

date window looks good as well as the font, i am just worried cos cgs are a bit stubby but that can be from the pov/plastic and insert a bit purpleish but may be lighting

HGoCAt.jpeg
That's a BP 3135, can't say about the VR without seeing the movement. BP made these with the SA3135 previously.

Reactions: wubsub