• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
@watcher009 I don't know the depth measurement of a deep crystal but i think that could be a relatively cheap nice alternative to clark
I can never work the Deep website out. I'd really like a full-AR crystal with no cyclops for my 16610, my only obvious option seemed to be a Clark 25-295 with full AR and cyclops and pop the cyclops off. Any alternatives?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I can never work the Deep website out. I'd really like a full-AR crystal with no cyclops for my 16610, my only obvious option seemed to be a Clark 25-295 with full AR and cyclops and pop the cyclops off. Any alternatives?

Do they make 14060 with AR? I’ve popped the cyclops off before. Super easy.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Totally agree. To me personally, Clarks with AR are super if you've got a non-AR crystal to start with. Or if you've got an older version VS crystal that had edge distortion. But I don't oersonally think it's a cracking option for people wanting to swap their stock BP (vr3135 version) watch for an upgraded look.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@Singapore9 I think you can get full AR from Prof if you need more options. with or without cyclops (I bought mine full AR with cyclops so the entire crystal looks invisible ish) its his 2xAR crystal 25-295 I bought.
(not to be confused with his 'black hole crystal', the gen like AR crystal) I'm really happy with mine but his prices have raised too much for me to buy another really. So I'm seeking any opportunity to try deep too lately.

Reactions: Singapore9

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Do they make 14060 with AR? I’ve popped the cyclops off before. Super easy.
No, I don't think so - are 14060 the same? I think it is a Daytona crystal that would be the equivalent to a 16610 without cyclops, but they don't do one with AR, annoyingly. Popping it off is probably the way I'll go. Few drops of acetone and a little nudge!

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Td say me now have only 16610ln on sa3135.
Exactly what Rolex AD tells you without buying history
Lebron James Dancing GIF

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
No, I don't think so - are 14060 the same? I think it is a Daytona crystal that would be the equivalent to a 16610 without cyclops, but they don't do one with AR, annoyingly. Popping it off is probably the way I'll go. Few drops of acetone and a little nudge!

Take a soldering iron and place it on the cyclops. It will loosen the adhesive and then scrape the crystal with a razor blade and some windex

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
That was fast, getting a little jealous here 😅
I must resist temptation as I have others on the way but congrats to all of you getting one so quick

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

I don’t believe anymore this guy words , happy new year!

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
Take a soldering iron and place it on the cyclops. It will loosen the adhesive and then scrape the crystal with a razor blade and some windex
I've done this on the clark's with full AR and cyclops. Their cyclops is on there very good. Downside is the AR has a bluish ting to it.

Reactions: Singapore9

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
A time consuming alternative would be buy the Clark 25-295 and send it to prof for AR coating (I think this would be a great combo). I think the edge profile of the Clark is the best of the multiple crystals I have tried for 25-295 (Deep, BTF Daytona, CF, Clark, & Prof). The clark with full ar and cyclops has a bluish tint to it that can be easily seen at certain angles. Another option, if John from Ginault will sell you one is the ORII crystal which is very nice although no LEC option.

Here is the edge of the prof vs clark 25-295. prof is on top. I have a single ar and 2xar prof if your interested and conus based.

Prof single vs 2xar: Single AR (inside only is circled in blue):

Clark full ar with cyclops removed:

Ginault ORII crystal bought from Ginault: (This is a 2.0mm crystal and needs a 2.5mm gasket if you use on a 16610 or 14060 model)

Stock clark 25-295 (no AR):

Last edited:

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Thanks for the thorough reply, not CONUS, sadly but the Ginault option is an interesting one I hadn't considered!

Reactions: ombre

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
I reached out to Clark about a month ago and asked for a full AR no-cyclops 295 and he said it was in the works. So, hopefully soon we will see one available.

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
I reached out to Clark about a month ago and asked for a full AR no-cyclops 295 and he said it was in the works. So, hopefully soon we will see one available.
Please keep us updated if/when you hear back!

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@ombre I hadn't know Clark is a guy who makes crystals. I'll be more inclined to buy them in future for knowing that! :)

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
@ombre I hadn't know Clark is a guy who makes crystals. I'll be more inclined to buy them in future for knowing that! :)
I really think they are hard to beat for the price and I know that @KJ2020 has used them a bit. The non-cyclops 295 crystal is like $32 shipped with a nice gasket. He also has much better 16610 bezel click springs than the ones from WSO or watchbandman50 on eBay (these are just too flimsy). He also has a better tension spring for 16610s which is thicker than WSO. I don't know the thickness of the WSO tension spring but I know they are super flimsy and thin (I'll measure one later). I know the Clark tension spring is 0.15mm thick and StarTime tension spring is 0.20mm thick.