• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Got some pictures of the Silix 16610LN dial for you guys. This is an RAF Case and hands, and gen insert. The seller will sell one dial if you message him directly.

Aren’t those maxi hands? Maybe you used a Kermit RAF as a base (the Kermit had maxi hands and maxi dial instead of the regular 5-digit dial & hands).

Reactions: KJ2020

dk2852

2/2/22
I did, it's the maxi minute hand from the Kermit. Didn't feel like ordering a new handset at this time.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Hont in a rush before Chinese new year 😂 also the hands and markers difference is just how this batch of ARFs are sadly, not an RL issue cause it won't be different on another one.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Hont in a rush before Chinese new year 😂 also the hands and markers difference is just how this batch of ARFs are sadly, not an RL issue cause it won't be different on another one.
Call my crazy I might ask for the BP

Lolcat9995

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
31/5/23
UK
What are the pros/cons of ARF vs BP? Which is best OOTB :) Is anyone able to summarise their knowledge? Digging through both threads and it's not clear to me :)

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
What are the pros/cons of ARF vs BP? Which is best OOTB :) Is anyone able to summarise their knowledge? Digging through both threads and it's not clear to me :)
There are always pros and cons. If you want to Franken and do lots of mods, the ARF is probably your best bet but if you just want it ootb as a beater, the BP might be the best choice. Up to you what you can live with and not.

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
this is something that i can't decide on either....not sure there's a clear winner :unsure:

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
IMG-5573.jpg

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
I reached out to Clark about a month ago and asked for a full AR no-cyclops 295 and he said it was in the works. So, hopefully soon we will see one available.
I got a Clark’s xtal coated with clear AR via an optician. I think it distorts the cyclops which already had AR coating. Might look better if I actually had it installed 🤷

Mock up below

Here is the stock Clark’s xtal with ar on cyclops only installed on my arf. Not as good black hole effect as gen or vsf but good clarity for money

nickelodeon

DIY and vintage enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
5/4/22
Good evening gents,
maybe I've missed it, but did someone checked the water resistance of this BP 5digit sub ootb?