• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Why does the insert need upgrading on this LV? Looks good to me...
As they say beauty is in the eye...

However, these BP reps have a circa 2007-2008 serial number. Those production years would have had the "pointed four" but the inserts on the BP pictures I've seen tend to be more of, but not perfectly, the flat four. The five is not right either. Most prominently the metal surround for the pear/pip is poorly scaled. (See pictures below.)

HFPiDb.jpeg

Reactions: rockdaytona

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I had never noticed the seconds hand changed with the maxi hands. 🤦‍♂️ That throws a wrench in some of my builds.
The gen second hand did not change with the 16610 LV.

The BP 16610 LV is wrong in changing its hour and second hands to a maxi size.

Reactions: dk2852

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
As for the Bp LN, should one consider to change the hands and/or the insert? Or stock is good enough? @KJ2020
Wait and see if you are OK with them. The LN hands should be OK for most, I left mine. The inserts will be OK for many, though the pearl looks a tad smaller and set lower than previous batches. But now the bezel will take a gen / gen-spec so that's an option if it bugs you.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Wait and see if you are OK with them. The LN hands should be OK for most, I left mine. The inserts will be OK for many, though the pearl looks a tad smaller and set lower than previous batches. But now the bezel will take a gen / gen-spec so that's an option if it bugs you.
Thanks for your reply. So that means the harlogear insert is not an option since its a bit smaller in size. Any gen-spec LN insert you know of that you would recommend? And your thoughts on the crystal? Is it a must change in your opinion? All these questions must tell you how much we value your opinion and knowledge here..

Reactions: rockdaytona

hollywoodrollie

Getting To Know The Place
12/12/23
Thanks for your reply. So that means the harlogear insert is not an option since its a bit smaller in size. Any gen-spec LN insert you know of that you would recommend? And your thoughts on the crystal? Is it a must change in your opinion? All these questions must tell you how much we value your opinion and knowledge here..
I think it should fit... according to this post the Horlogear measures 37.6. I have one on the way so I'll let you know if I can fit it on the BP.

Reactions: watcher009

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
I think it should fit... according to this post the Horlogear measures 37.6. I have one on the way so I'll let you know if I can fit it on the BP.

Inserts very much like the Hologear are available on Alibaba for less. You have to buy two though.
Bought this insert was really happy with the results (for another project not a BP though). I'd recommend buying this one even though you have to buy a minimum of 2 inserts.

Reactions: KJ2020