• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I admit, I am a little slow. So are you saying that you agree that the hands need to be swapped out on the LV or not? Apologies for my poor comprehension
No need to apologize. Based upon the photos of the BP 16610LV Andrew posted, the watch comes from the BP factory with the maxi dial and hands. Unfortunately, the inserts for both LV and LN look like a first priority upgrade.

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
No need to apologize. Based upon the photos of the BP 16610LV Andrew posted, the watch comes from the BP factory with the maxi dial and hands. Unfortunately, the inserts for both LV and LN look like a first priority upgrade.
The WSO insert on eBay seems to be popular. The RAF insert color looks decent but unsure if it fits. Any other suggestions?

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
I admit, I am a little slow. So are you saying that you agree that the hands need to be swapped out on the LV or not? Apologies for my poor comprehension
The stock hands and dial are correct for the LV and do not need to be swapped out,

@rockdaytona sorry, I responded a little too hastily and should have studied the images a little more before replying.

A gen LN has skinny hour and minute hands. A gen LV has a skinny hour hand and maxi minute hand. So the only hand that should be different between an LV and LN is the minute hand. However, in the picture provided for post #399 the hour hand on the LV looks like the maxi hour hand of the 6 digit subs which is wrong.

Additionally, in that picture the seconds hand for the LV does not have a cap for the canon pinion which is also wrong. That's pretty surprising to me since almost all recent 3135 releases have a capped seconds hand.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
@rockdaytona

As I stated previously, the gen 16610 LV has only ONE maxi hand - the minute hand. The BP 16610 LV has THREE maxi hands. The BP hour and second hands need to be swapped out, unless you just like all maxi hands like 6 digit GMTS have.

Can you not see the hand size differences? Look at the lume plots.

Gen
HFqlIs.jpeg

Stock BP
16514313469360.jpg

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
The WSO insert on eBay seems to be popular. The RAF insert color looks decent but unsure if it fits. Any other suggestions?
Not a huge fan of WSO but I haven't spent much time looking at the rep options. Mayb
@rockdaytona sorry, I responded a little too hastily and should have studied the images a little more before replying.

A gen LN has skinny hour and minute hands. A gen LV has a skinny hour hand and maxi minute hand. So the only hand that should be different between an LV and LN is the minute hand. However, in the picture provided for post #399 the hour hand on the LV looks like the maxi hour hand of the 6 digit subs which is wrong.

Additionally, in that picture the seconds hand for the LV does not have a cap for the canon pinion which is also wrong. That's pretty surprising to me since almost all recent 3135 releases have a capped seconds hand.
Nice catch! You're right! Once seen, the fat hourhand and open pipe second hand cannot be unseen. To be honest, though, the hands on the Trusty LN don't look great either.

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
@rockdaytona

As I stated previously, the gen 16610 LV has only ONE maxi hand - the minute hand. The BP 16610 LV has THREE maxi hands. The BP hour and second hands need to be swapped out, unless you just like all maxi hands like 6 digit GMTS have.

Can you not see the hand size differences? Look at the lume plots.

Gen
HFqlIs.jpeg

Stock BP
16514313469360.jpg
Thank you, Oh man that is tricky! I can only keep the maxi minute hand from the stock bp and have to get BP LN handset ($20) for the hour and seconds. I do see it now.

For the insert this one is from eBay but a little on the pea green side. The RAF insert color didn’t look too bad

mrsullivan

Pink Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
@rockdaytona

To confirm @KJ2020 's input, here's my franken with gen 16610LV hands :

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you, Oh man that is tricky! I can only keep the maxi minute hand from the stock bp and have to get BP LN handset ($20) for the hour and seconds. I do see it now.

For the insert this one is from eBay but a little on the pea green side. The RAF insert color didn’t look too bad
Inserts very much like the Hologear are available on Alibaba for less. You have to buy two though.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Also there are some good 16610 hands on Alibaba.

These are good hands but the LN set hour hand triangle tip is the wrong shape. You have to buy two sets anyway so I just used the LV hour hand and the LN minute and second hand for my TC LN. The LV set is gtg as is.

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Also there are some good 16610 hands on Alibaba.

These are good hands but the LN set hour hand triangle tip is the wrong shape. You have to buy two sets anyway so I just used the LV hour hand and the LN minute and second hand for my TC LN. The LV set is gtg as is.
Got it I’ll just buy 2 of the LV set if they are good to
Go! Are these better than the using the BP LN hands for the hour and seconds? The BP ones are $20

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Got it I’ll just buy 2 of the LV set if they are good to
Go! Are these better than the using the BP LN hands for the hour and seconds? The BP ones are $20
I would say they'd be better yes. If nothing else they are a complete set so there's less (if any) chance of a lume mismatch. I did relume all 3 of my BP hands to make them match as they were bought a year or more apart and benefitted from the action.

mrsullivan

Pink Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I would say they'd be better yes. If nothing else they are a complete set so there's less (if any) chance of a lume mismatch. I did relume all 3 of my BP hands to make them match as they were bought a year or more apart and benefitted from the action.
Being BPs I thought they'd match out of the factory, interesting.
I had to relume both my BP dial and my gen hands for a perfect lume match.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Being BPs I thought they'd match out the factory, interesting.
I had to relume both my BP dial and my gen hands for a perfect lume match.
The BP hands were close, and most people probably wouldn't notice or mind. But yeah if you want exact matches you go the extra distance.

Reactions: mrsullivan