• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
Looks spot on! Envious of your skills.
Painting needles is not that difficult.
Soak the removed hands in anhydrous alcohol for a few minutes to peel off the luminescence.
Simply wipe it off well and apply a thin coat of new luminescent paint.

Reactions: Art Vandelay

RyanGreener

Getting To Know The Place
18/9/24
So I've been hearing that the ARF V2 (which I assume this thread is about) is pretty good for the 16610 LN. As far as variations go, is there a non-engraved rehaut version or do they all have it? How would I specify this to a TD?

Art Vandelay

TC sub hunter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era 🇬🇧
So I've been hearing that the ARF V2 (which I assume this thread is about) is pretty good for the 16610 LN. As far as variations go, is there a non-engraved rehaut version or do they all have it? How would I specify this to a TD?
It will be described accordingly on the TDs website.

Guessing you haven't checked?

i.e.

Last edited:

RyanGreener

18/9/24
So revisiting this, I couldn't find any comprehensive reviews. Are there any obvious tells to the 16610 LN No Rehaut version? Basically, I'm wondering what kind of mods/franken stuff people do to these.

Reactions: Xcalm

RyanGreener

18/9/24
If only there was a thread dedicated to the ARF 16610 that would have the answer to this with dozen of pics and reviews. Alas.

Wish it would be edited/covered in the first post. I did read a majority of the later pages and found some things here and there though. It's not like I didn't try, but I'm sure these kinds of posts are annoying.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
You're basically asking how long a rope is. What flaws someone are able to live with is highly subjecive. 99.9% of people who buy these watches don't mod them. People who mod their 5-digits usually go for one or more of the usual suspects every rep sub has issues with, even the new ones. DW, hands, crystal, dial, bezel insert, click springs, bezel complete.

Reactions: Vic97

RyanGreener

18/9/24
You're basically asking how long a rope is. What flaws someone are able to live with is highly subjecive. 99.9% of people who buy these watches don't mod them. People who mod their 5-digits usually go for one or more of the usual suspects every rep sub has issues with, even the new ones. DW, hands, crystal, dial, bezel insert, click springs, bezel complete.
Appreciate it, thanks.

RyanGreener

18/9/24
Wish this place would let me edit my posts but here is where I've come to after a bit of research:
ARF V2 16610 LN No Rehaut Version as a base. I was looking for "cost effective/better" value based modifications as I don't feel like spending money on GEN parts.
- EWatchparts click spring
- Horlogear Bezel Insert
- Ginault Bracelet
- Deep Crystal (confirmed with the website that it does work for this model)

The last thing I would be looking at is the movement. I am told that it is a SH3135 V2 which is apparently a "copied" VR movement. Not sure how true this is and if it would be worth it to swap in a VS movement. Do I have my bases covered and a good general idea?

Reactions: fra44 and munichman

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Swap in a VS only if the SH fails. The SH is not a bad movement and can go the long haul so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The click spring is the only thing I'd bother changing as the gen has much softer and smoother clicks. I'm not sure how the Ewatchparts spring is compared to gen. I'll have to get one to try as my ARF still has the original stiff spring.

If you are upgrading the bezel get a gen insert. It's not a big cost and it's easy to source so may as well splurge there.

Don't bother upgrading the bracelet or clasp. Maybe just soften the edges if you like. I have a gen Z serial and an ARF and they're close enough to not warrant an upgrade.

I also dont see any reason to upgrade the crystal as one with AR or a black hole effect is not like gen at all. My gen has no AR and reflects everything like a mirror and I've even used it to check out a girl standing behind me in line.

So come to think of it if you're going to upgrade any parts get gen and slowly go franken 🤷🏻‍♂️

RyanGreener

18/9/24
Swap in a VS only if the SH fails. The SH is not a bad movement and can go the long haul so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The click spring is the only thing I'd bother changing as the gen has much softer and smoother clicks. I'm not sure how the Ewatchparts spring is compared to gen. I'll have to get one to try as my ARF still has the original stiff spring.

If you are upgrading the bezel get a gen insert. It's not a big cost and it's easy to source so may as well splurge there.

Don't bother upgrading the bracelet or clasp. Maybe just soften the edges if you like. I have a gen Z serial and an ARF and they're close enough to not warrant an upgrade.

I also dont see any reason to upgrade the crystal as one with AR or a black hole effect is not like gen at all. My gen has no AR and reflects everything like a mirror and I've even used it to check out a girl standing behind me in line.

So come to think of it if you're going to upgrade any parts get gen and slowly go franken 🤷🏻‍♂️
Appreciate the post. The plan was mostly to not modify it and then when/if the movement failed, I would go through these laundry list of things. Looks like I'll get the small gen bits and pieces and enjoy the stock crystal/bracelet. Thanks!

Reactions: mt666tm

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Save yourself all that grief and just man up and buy this! Trust me in a few years you’ll have spent that much on reps, dhgate and repairs!

Reactions: Art Vandelay

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Save yourself all that grief and just man up and buy this! Trust me in a few years you’ll have spent that much on reps, dhgate and repairs!

Get the gen and then get reps of your gen to wear with no worries and keep your gens in the safe like I do 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: munichman

Xcalm

11/7/24
Germany
Hi — may I ask what not a hig cost means in nunbers? Maybe I don’t know the right sources, but when I did some quick research on eBay I found bezel inserts for 700+ EUR on offer…

RyanGreener

18/9/24

There are a few gens I am interested in but I don't really have an interest in buying a gen that is heavily/easily repped.

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10