• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Murphie58

Do not accept unsolicited offers
26/9/24
So I’m into a 16610, this will be my first rep and watch. I’m 20 years old I want something that looks good, nice quality and that resembles an original Rolex enough to feel like I’m investing my money well. (For going for the gen someday)
Would a ARF 16610 be suited for this job? Looking for advice from the veterans here, Im not a picky person but I would like to get something thats worth the money and a good entry into this space.
Thank you

Art Vandelay

TC sub hunter
Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era 🇬🇧
So I’m into a 16610, this will be my first rep and watch. I’m 20 years old I want something that looks good, nice quality and that resembles an original Rolex enough to feel like I’m investing my money well. (For going for the gen someday)
Would a ARF 16610 be suited for this job? Looking for advice from the veterans here, Im not a picky person but I would like to get something thats worth the money and a good entry into this space.
Thank you
Kudos on your choice of reference.

However, if you haven't handled a 5 digit, gen or otherwise then I suspect that you may be disappointed with them. Rattly is part of the charm.

ARF is a good enough choice and realistically you only have 3 readily available choices from a TD : ARF, RAF and BP. Each has a trade off as there is no perfect rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: snaes and Murphie58

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Btw has anyone tried a CF bracelet from a 116610 on this ARF 16610? I’m looking to upgrade to a new glidelock + solid links bracelet and I’d rather ask before spending the money :)

goodpm

Do not accept unsolicited offers
3/9/24
Yes there should be a rubber gasket there indeed…
Thought so. I wonder how many other ARF subs are missing this gasket. I’m certain this crystal retaining ring had never been removed so it must have come like this.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Can’t find the post to quote it but I do remember kj saying it’s a common issue on ARFs

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Thought so. I wonder how many other ARF subs are missing this gasket. I’m certain this crystal retaining ring had never been removed so it must have come like this.
All of them, I’ve never seen a RAF or ARF come with that gasket

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Forgive my ignorance but what does the gasket do? Water resistance?

If so, what’s the point of a gasket under the ring if there’s no gasket on the inner side next to the crystal?

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Thanks for the picture, admittedly it’s very clear but I’m still a little confused about the purpose of the gasket under the crystal retention ring
Isnt the translucent crystal gasket being compressed against the crystal and rehaut by the metal retention ring enough to seal the inside of the case against water intrusion?
In other words, the black rubber gasket under the metal ring doesn’t contribute to water resistance does it? If so, what does it do?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Thanks for the picture, admittedly it’s very clear but I’m still a little confused about the purpose of the gasket under the crystal retention ring
Isnt the translucent crystal gasket being compressed against the crystal and rehaut by the metal retention ring enough to seal the inside of the case against water intrusion?
In other words, the black rubber gasket under the metal ring doesn’t contribute to water resistance does it? If so, what does it do?
It does indeed. The metal ring in the front face is the part that “closes” that side but it’s metal against metal, which doesn’t usually seal properly. Hence the rubber gasket in between.

Reactions: tanith

Antihero9000

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
22/2/22
Just want to confirm if anyone has installed these hands below?

Sillan 16610LV hands

I was going to take the hands out of my RAF however if these are good will just get them to save splitting two watches

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
Just want to confirm if anyone has installed these hands below?

Sillan 16610LV hands

I was going to take the hands out of my RAF however if these are good will just get them to save splitting two watches
Yeah I think quite a few people have used these, myself included.
I found the lume on the RAF hands to be a bit warmer and nicer than the sillan hands.

One thing to note, the LN hour hand from sillan is not the correct shape in the triangular tip area so the trick is to buy both a set of LN and LV hands and use the hour hand from the LV set and you’re good to go.

Antihero9000

Supporter
Certified
22/2/22
Yeah I think quite a few people have used these, myself included.
I found the lume on the RAF hands to be a bit warmer and nicer than the sillan hands.

One thing to note, the LN hour hand from sillan is not the correct shape in the triangular tip area so the trick is to buy both a set of LN and LV hands and use the hour hand from the LV set and you’re good to go.
Perfect, thank you. I appreciate your response

Will have a ponder before it goes to Solution6 soon

Casing23

Certified
22/1/24
EU
God damn thanks for confirmation - hopefully no decorated SH3135 to look like VR3135 :D . I just placed an order for the "no rehaut" version kermit :love:

To me the watch itself also looks rock solid. I think some improvements were done. Either way best 5 digit ootb imo.
And is it VR? Are you still wearing it? 😊