• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
I received my QC pics today and I plan to refuse them because there is a defect on the « 20 » on the bezel according to me.
The inner part of the 0 seems to have a defect … do you think I could solve this myself or it’s impossible ?

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
What I mean is using some kind of cutter to remove the excess of material, without removing the green color. I doubt it’s feasible, but maybe I’m wrong

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
What I mean is using some kind of cutter to remove the excess of material, without removing the green color. I doubt it’s feasible, but maybe I’m wrong
I’d RL if it bothers you. Then again id also replace the insert anyway

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
I RL'ed it more than 24 hours ago. I read the whole thread 2 times and checked all QC pics provided, none of them had that kind of problem.
I hope next one will be better. IMO the insert is what you look at first when you have an LV, so it needs to be decent...
Even if I swap it for GEN after like @aHero suggested (which I plan to do) I won't be able to sell the ARF insert afterwards if it has such defect...

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
I am actually looking for a LV non Rehaut just like you have ordered.
I think the litely faded green is just the best looking green in the Rx collection.
So keep on posting what happens.
Initially I didn't like the green inserts, but slowly years after years being on RWI it started to grow on me, slowly but surely.
Now I also think the faded green is the best looking green too. If I'm correct what I should get is like the gen B3 variant.
I'm waiting for my 2nd QC patiently now :)

Reactions: munichman

Antihero9000

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
22/2/22
Anyone know how to obtain the insert itself?

Or if anyone is selling their insert :)

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
I rejected QC for my LV because of the misaligned cyclops and the Rolex crown on the dial is not aligned to the marker at 12. The watch was mistakenly sent to me anyway so I have it now. The dealer says he is getting me a replacement dial and crystal so if that works out then no problem.

I have gen LN so I can compare directly and I got the rep LN to wear when travelling as it I am slowly getting nervous to wear gens away from home these days.

I will have to remove the crown/tube and drill the case to countersink the tube to allow the crown to sit flush to the case. It's funny how they can't seem to get this right and there is no point to reject QC for this as they are all the same.
The round markers on my gen dial have thinner WG borders, but thick is correct as well because there is variation among gens.
Gen click-spring for the bezel is an absolute a must if possible as the feel is very different for the rep bezel rotation.

Reactions: Xcalm and Reaps

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I received an LN today and think it feels better than other AR or JF ones I've had in the past. The SEL needs to be lowered and the hands are still fractionally mismatched but it feels good quality and looks very good on the timegrapher. I fitted an old slightly scratched insert I had on hand and will change the datewheel, hands and crystal at some point but think this might fill my 5 digit fix for a while (until I can find TC)

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
Given the bundled experience here in this thread… What is the verdict on the current 5-digit replicas? I have an ARF LN Non Rehaut on order and I’m wondering about the „known flaws“ that I have to be prepared for when ordering such a model.

Specifically I mean the following
  • Bezel font (the 20 and 40 prints seem unlike Gen, correct ?!)
  • Crown / Crown guards

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
Given the bundled experience here in this thread… What is the verdict on the current 5-digit replicas? I have an ARF LN Non Rehaut on order and I’m wondering about the „known flaws“ that I have to be prepared for when ordering such a model.

Specifically I mean the following
  • Bezel font (the 20 and 40 prints seem unlike Gen, correct ?!)
  • Crown / Crown guards
I'm not a 5 digit expert despite having read through this thread 3 times. I still for the life of me don't remeber what period correct combinations are. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

If you're getting a Kermit then you need to look up what a "fat four" bezel insert is.

To be quite honest with you, I think that most people who get the ARF are trying to mod it (otherwise imho BP is a better buy for 60% of the cost and basically the same look) so the bezel itself doesn't even matter because most people will replace it out.

1. Pearl sometimes sits too low - not an issue if you swap bezel out
  2. SEL alignment can be wonky at times. Look at the gap between bracelet and lugs
  3. Datewheel misalignment... etc
  4. Clasp sometimes the crown is tilted/not stamped correctly
  5. Crown guards sometimes good sometimes bad
That's the gist of it I think. Anyone with more experience can chip in.

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
I'm not a 5 digit expert despite having read through this thread 3 times. I still for the life of me don't remeber what period correct combinations are. So take my advice with a grain of salt.

If you're getting a Kermit then you need to look up what a "fat four" bezel insert is.
I am in the market for a 16610LN… but of course „period correctness“ is a big one - no doubt. As the ARF No Rehaut model should mimic a ~2005 black bezel Submariner, I was wondering what‘s up with the shape of the 2 in the 20 on the bezel… I think I haven’t seen this on any Submariner (but might miss something)

here a picture from the jtime website:

To be quite honest with you, I think that most people who get the ARF are trying to mod it (otherwise imho BP is a better buy for 60% of the cost and basically the same look) so the bezel itself doesn't even matter because most people will replace it out.

Talking about modding: Given that I m not a watchmaker, I would be looking for a good out-of-the-box compromise. Obvious/visible flaws count higher than … let’s say the color or a gear wheel ;-) Having that said, I would be willing to replace a bezel if there is a drop-in replacement available. What I would probably not do, is filing the edges etc.

Interesting what you say about the BP model. Any TD that has those on offer at the moment?

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
I received an LN today and think it feels better than other AR or JF ones I've had in the past. The SEL needs to be lowered and the hands are still fractionally mismatched but it feels good quality and looks very good on the timegrapher. I fitted an old slightly scratched insert I had on hand and will change the datewheel, hands and crystal at some point but think this might fill my 5 digit fix for a while (until I can find TC)
Looks good! What model/make is that and what bezel did you mount?

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
Have put my order for a 5-digit Sub on hold. Can you guys pls help to clarify these open questions:

1) Is it consensus here that the bezel print on the ARF (link to JTime shop) is flawed and actually appeared in no Gen model, no matter what period?
2) If I still buy the ARF: Do you know of any bezel inserts that can be replaced right away as a direct drop-in? Any doubts that I end up with a situation where the lume of the Pearl dot doesn’t march the rest of the watch (I guess so…)
3) If I decide to switch to a RAF model (link to JTime shop), which has the correct bezel print - any doubts with regard to the movement (not a v2 version, as the ARF claims on theirs)?
4) Any other factory that currently makes 5-digit reps?
5) @Parto sorry, not sure if you saw my message above… what rep model did you buy and what bezel insert did you mount? It looks good to me..

thanks in advance!

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The clue is in the thread title, the insert is gen

Reactions: Xcalm