• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
That is fantastic. So much more personality than the most recent models. Love the goofy clasp.

VR and SH are the manufacturer?

Thanks!

VR and SH are referring to some movement models that are manufactured in Shanghai, China.

VR is arguably the second best 3135 clones. They are reliable and pretty good in build quality. I personally have had 4 of them. They are pretty good and reliable.

And people claim that SH V2 are manufactured by the same factory as VR.

Reactions: bowtiefanatc

watchguySF

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
VR and SH are referring to some movement models that are manufactured in Shanghai, China.

VR is arguably the second best 3135 clones. They are reliable and pretty good in build quality. I personally have had 4 of them. They are pretty good and reliable.

And people claim that SH V2 are manufactured by the same factory as VR.

Interesting thank you. I am such a stickler for movement accuracy I have had to relax my expectations with replicas. The build quality on my GM Explorer II seems excellent, but it's running 10 seconds per day slow. I have had ETA 2824 that were almost perfect.

Still a gorgeous watch and I am happy overall!

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Interesting thank you. I am such a stickler for movement accuracy I have had to relax my expectations with replicas. The build quality on my GM Explorer II seems excellent, but it's running 10 seconds per day slow. I have had ETA 2824 that were almost perfect.

Still a gorgeous watch and I am happy overall!

There is a thread about movements.. it contains decent amount of information

johnchpark

1/12/22
South Korea
No im comparing the new BP Bluesy with VR to an ARF with VR. I do have an old BP SD as well which I love. The clasp on the Bluesy was no where near as good as the ARF as well.

The BP bracelet feels a bit rough and sharp on the edges (when i run my finger across the bracelet, i can feel my fingers kinda catching on the brushings).

Do you think the ARF bracelet itself feels better than the BP?
I see Alibaba sells the ARF bracelet but it’s $200, which is very steep relative to the whole BP watch

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
The BP bracelet feels a bit rough and sharp on the edges (when i run my finger across the bracelet, i can feel my fingers kinda catching on the brushings).

Do you think the ARF bracelet itself feels better than the BP?
I see Alibaba sells the ARF bracelet but it’s $200, which is very steep relative to the whole BP watch

The feel to me is far superior. The link screws on my Kermit are perfectly flush and very snug. The clasp is night and day different as well.

Antihero9000

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
22/2/22
Does anyone know where I can purchase the flat 4 ARF LV insert at all?

I am looking to install on my RAF non rehaut kermit

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Is there anyone who managed to mount the retaining ring and gen bezel on the ARF?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
What bezel is that? Love it. And is that a bp case?
I bought 3 RAFs and 3 ARFs and started to pic the best parts for a Franken. There is a lot of variation, and I learned that there are 2 different RAF cases and bracelets. (Easy spot is the crown guard shape)

Here is the build spec:

RAF case and bracelet (far superior to ARF)
VS movement
Gen faded inlay
Gen dial (M Series)
Gen hands
Gen datewheel
Gen click spring
RAF crystal (waaaay better then ARF)
ARF crown

Popklister

2/10/11
Guys! Really love the LV but mismatch lume is a no go for my ocd.. is it worth switching in a BP LV dial and hands or are they of sub par quality?

The BP case with the chamfers and non gen bezel construction is one thing but what about dial print and hands?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Guys! Really love the LV but mismatch lume is a no go for my ocd.. is it worth switching in a BP LV dial and hands or are they of sub par quality?

The BP case with the chamfers and non gen bezel construction is one thing but what about dial print and hands?
If you can find a 16610LV RAF, you wont have the issue :) And imo, case and bracelet is better (There are 2 versions of the RAF case and bracelet, you need to find the good one :))

If you wanna stick with the ARF, just relume the hands

Popklister

2/10/11
If you can find a 16610LV RAF, you wont have the issue :) And imo, case and bracelet is better (There are 2 versions of the RAF case and bracelet, you need to find the good one :))

If you wanna stick with the ARF, just relume the hands

Ah I see! I want to move the guts movement,dial and hands to a ginualt watch so it is really only dial and hand quality that concerns me. But a raf dial/hand would be great!

Reactions: 2841

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
If anyone has a ARF V2 flat four LV insert they'd wanna get rid of... I just botched mine trying to open it up in the package...

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
How do i find the "right" RAF-Version? Is there something i can tell my TD to make sure i don't get the "bad one"? :cool:
Sadly no, RAF and ARF are all over the place in regards to consistency. So it is hit and miss. Order one, have a look at the QC pics, look for CG and bracelet finishing (The good ones usually have a nicely beveled bracelet edge)

Reactions: GlennBirc and Neodx

Neodx

Still New
7/3/23
EU
Thanks mate. Not the answer i was hoping for, but will do so. Will have a look at the LV for my next purchase.

Reactions: 2841

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Latest Horlogear insert has flat four, it seems.

KRzLsb.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: aHero and mcboom