• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Just want to see what you guys think before I approve?

If you like it than you approve ;), if you have a specific question on photos ask but not general like : how do you like theseQC photos :)

Reactions: Geonor

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
I have recorded the sound of my RAF when rotating the bezel. Since I've never tried rotating the bezel on the gen (I tried a gen 16610 in a boutique in the past but was afraid of asking if I could try the bezel lol) I would like to know your opinion - should I buy a new spring + washer or is it fine like this?

Reactions: chentepilot

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
That’s a new thing, recording the sound of the bezel to see if it’s same as gen
God help us all

Dan Reynolds Eyes Closed GIF by Imagine Dragons

Reactions: mcboom

fra44

8/10/23
That’s a new thing, recording the sound of the bezel to see if it’s same as gen
God help us all

Dan Reynolds Eyes Closed GIF by Imagine Dragons
Bruh, if you read the thread the first mod everyone is suggesting for the ARF is you replace the click spring and add a washer. I got RAF and it's not clear how different it is from ARF when it comes to the bezel spring. I haven't tried a gen and I don't have an ARF in my hands to compare it to my RAF, so are you gonna tell me how do I know if I should buy a new bezel spring or if it's fine on RAF??
Maybe read the thread before you act like you're smarted, idk?

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Certified
13/5/16
Bruh, if you read the thread the first mod everyone is suggesting for the ARF is you replace the click spring and add a washer. I got RAF and it's not clear how different it is from ARF when it comes to the bezel spring. I haven't tried a gen and I don't have an ARF in my hands to compare it to my RAF, so are you gonna tell me how do I know if I should buy a new bezel spring or if it's fine on RAF??
Changing the spring or the washer isn't focused on changing the sound when you rotate the bezel. It is about trying to eliminate horizontal bezel play or improving the actual rotation.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
You don’t understand shit friend but if you like it you like it …the sound 😂😂😂😂

fra44

8/10/23
Changing the spring or the washer isn't focused on changing the sound when you rotate the bezel. It is about trying to eliminate horizontal bezel play or improving the actual rotation.
Yes I know, but idk how else I can compare it to the watches of people on a forum outside of recording mine. I am open to suggestions

fra44

8/10/23
You don’t understand shit friend but if you like it you like it …the sound 😂😂😂😂
I think I understand enough to know that I was just introduced to the 🤡 of this forum..

If you don’t think my question is interesting for you why don’t you just move forward without the need to post a stupid comment like every other normal person?

Reactions: Rockfly

fra44

8/10/23
Thanks
Kind of fun though and more data for the hivemind. Here's a BP and a RAF

Kind of fun though and more data for the hivemind. Here's a BP and a RAF

thanks a lot! They seem like they both offer a lot more resistance than mine when trying to rotate them.
This tells me I have to go for the replacement spring and additional washer.

Thanks a lot, this actually answered my question

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Thanks

thanks a lot! They seem like they both offer a lot more resistance than mine when trying to rotate them.
This tells me I have to go for the replacement spring and additional washer.

Thanks a lot, this actually answered my question
My RAF is actually kind of too hard to turn. Debating getting another crystal retaining ring for it.

fra44

8/10/23
My RAF is actually kind of too hard to turn. Debating getting another crystal retaining ring for it.
I see, that bezel looks absolutely hard to turn from your video. Do you have double washer + new spring on it?

Have you ever tried gen? How should it be, out of curiosity?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I see, that bezel looks absolutely hard to turn from your video. Do you have double washer + new spring on it?

Have you ever tried gen? How should it be, out of curiosity?
Haven't done anything to it. It was tight when I got it and it didn't change after I changed crystal.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
After having both, I prefer the ARF over the BP. But that’s my personal preference.
Any specific reason? Or just the quality/feel and the look of arf is better compared to the bp? Just looking at the pictures, the bp appears better to me (maybe because of the crown guards) but you have been able to compare them side by side in flesh so that means a lot.. your thoughts would be much appreciated

Reactions: mcboom

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Feel and build mostly. The BP has gotten much better over time, but I prefer the ARf because I plan on upgrading aspects and the construction allows it easier.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Feel and build mostly. The BP has gotten much better over time, but I prefer the ARf because I plan on upgrading aspects and the construction allows it easier.
You mean you had an older BP and not the latest/upgraded one that was recently released with the VR movement? You were comparing the older bp with the arf?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
You mean you had an older BP and not the latest/upgraded one that was recently released with the VR movement? You were comparing the older bp with the arf?

No im comparing the new BP Bluesy with VR to an ARF with VR. I do have an old BP SD as well which I love. The clasp on the Bluesy was no where near as good as the ARF as well.

Reactions: wisedennis

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Got it. Thank you for your reply and the pictures. Very helpful

Happy to help.

If you want good out of the box got the price you can’t beat the BP.

If you want to upgrade and add other gen parts I’d go ARF.

But that’s just my lowly opinion.

Reactions: watcher009

watchguySF

Supporter
Certified
19/2/24
That is fantastic. So much more personality than the most recent models. Love the goofy clasp.

VR and SH are the manufacturer?

Thanks!