• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

FaekieOne

18/1/22
yes the method is clear to me, I just want to understand where you got those blades. Thank you
What? You mean razor blades? What?
icegif-76.gif

You can buy them from shops that sell razor blades. :)

• Haha
Reactions: k0hr and mcboom

Mikie C

Known Member
Supporter
27/2/24
Mr. Bowtiefanatic Is that a factory bezel on that Kermit? Or has it been modded?

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Mr. Bowtiefanatic Is that a factory bezel on that Kermit? Or has it been modded?
Looks like a stock ARF insert. The PIP is a bit too low. IMO the bezel is not bad on the ARF. Just the rotation click that is awful and sound like a cheap Chinese toy. Just need to replace the bezel ring and click-spring.

I have snatched an ARF 16610LN on M2M and I am very happy with it. I think that it's a very nice OOTB rep at a great price.

I have also gotten a gen AR crystal but have not felt the need to install it at the moment. It's a watch that I usually wear during the day on week-ends and the stock ARF crystal is not that bad under natural lighting conditions. Bezel action also does not bother me much atm since I don't fiddle with it much.

KeSJL8.jpeg

Reactions: FaekieOne

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Looks like a stock ARF insert. The PIP is a bit too low. IMO the bezel is not bad on the ARF. Just the rotation click that is awful and sound like a cheap Chinese toy. Just need to replace the bezel ring and click-spring.

I have snatched an ARF 16610LN on M2M and I am very happy with it. I think that it's a very nice OOTB rep at a great price.

I have also gotten a gen AR crystal but have not felt the need to install it at the moment. It's a watch that I usually wear during the day on week-ends and the stock ARF crystal is not that bad under natural lighting conditions. Bezel action also does not bother me much atm since I don't fiddle with it much.

KeSJL8.jpeg

Agreed, initially the bezel action sucks. It’s a very simple fix. I’ve done it on a few of my previous ones.

Reactions: mcboom

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Well, one comes with a click spring and the other doesn’t.

Either way, I’d just get the one with the click spring so it’s fresh and firm. Then you add the second tension washer for more pressure and a tighter feel.

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
Well, one comes with a click spring and the other doesn’t.

Either way, I’d just get the one with the click spring so it’s fresh and firm. Then you add the second tension washer for more pressure and a tighter feel.
Thank you!! Is it something that someone with zero experience can do or is it better to contact a watchmaker?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Thank you!! Is it something that someone with zero experience can do or is it better to contact a watchmaker?

It’s very easy and not anything mechanical in nature so that’s good.

I pop off the bezel with a case opener or thin knife (use tape or a cloth to make sure you don’t damage the case or bezel). Replace the click spring, and slide the additional washer underneath the click spring over the existing one.

Reinstall the bezel (I typically do it without the insert so that I can align the pip how I like).

Once you’ve done it once or twice it should take like 5min start to finish.

Reactions: fra44

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
It’s very easy and not anything mechanical in nature so that’s good.

I pop off the bezel with a case opener or thin knife (use tape or a cloth to make sure you don’t damage the case or bezel). Replace the click spring, and slide the additional washer underneath the click spring over the existing one.

Reinstall the bezel (I typically do it without the insert so that I can align the pip how I like).

Once you’ve done it once or twice it should take like 5min start to finish.
Wow ok nice. Thank you so much!

Reactions: bowtiefanatc

k0hr

Still New
3/1/20
Fellas, I just saw an email today from PT showing a v2 ARF 16610LV.

Anyone else see this email? From the images I can't tell if this is new or not, or if they fixed the mismatched hands/indexs, then I'd buy v2.

Zero2

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/9/23
UK
Fellas, I just saw an email today from PT showing a v2 ARF 16610LV.

Anyone else see this email? From the images I can't tell if this is new or not, or if they fixed the mismatched hands/indexs, then I'd buy v2.
Andiot has the v2’s on his website but I think the hands on the LV are still mismatched, so I ordered the LN because the hands would bug me and I wouldn’t know where to begin reluming them 😂

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Andiot has the v2’s on his website but I think the hands on the LV are still mismatched, so I ordered the LN because the hands would bug me and I wouldn’t know where to begin reluming them 😂

Wonder if just replacing them with Alibaba hands would be sufficient.

I’m going to get some as I start ordering parts for another project.

I also noticed that my bezel action is much nicer than previous ARF/RAF 5 digits

Zero2

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/9/23
UK
Wonder if just replacing them with Alibaba hands would be sufficient.

I’m going to get some as I start ordering parts for another project.

I also noticed that my bezel action is much nicer than previous ARF/RAF 5 digits
I’ve just picked up a beautiful RAF LV in M2M so I don’t know whether to sell the LN when it arrives or attempt a bit of a Franken job with it.

Reactions: bowtiefanatc