• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
If someone doesn't want to spend on a genuine bezel insert, what's the next best thing that's closest to it?

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
If someone doesn't want to spend on a genuine bezel insert, what's the next best thing that's closest to it?

This is a good option for a pointed 4 type insert: https://x.alibaba.com/Avmstr?ck=pdp

It’s very similar (if not the same) to the horlogear inserts that some members have used - documented earlier on in the thread. It also has a much better quality pip than the ARF’s..

Reactions: fra44

fra44

8/10/23
This is a good option for a pointed 4 type insert: https://x.alibaba.com/Avmstr?ck=pdp

It’s very similar (if not the same) to the horlogear inserts that some members have used - documented earlier on in the thread. It also has a much better quality pip than the ARF’s..
Thank you very much mate, and also sorry for my lazy post. I got impatient and asked, but later read around page 40 and found out there are 4 options in Wholesale Outlet, Startime, Horlogear and this Sillan one. Unfortunately it was too late to remove my post.

Now I have a question for you though: Horlogear's insert has been proven to fit right in without needing adhesive. I thought Sillan's insert is also supposed to be too small for ARF, in that it fits right for a BP. Is this info I picked up wrong?

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
Thank you very much mate, and also sorry for my lazy post. I got impatient and asked, but later read around page 40 and found out there are 4 options in Wholesale Outlet, Startime, Horlogear and this Sillan one. Unfortunately it was too late to remove my post.

Now I have a question for you though: Horlogear's insert has been proven to fit right in without needing adhesive. I thought Sillan's insert is also supposed to be too small for ARF, in that it fits right for a BP. Is this info I picked up wrong?
I can’t recall exactly without looking back through the thread but yes I think that’s right actually.

CousinsUK also has some decent gen’ spec’ inserts that will fit the ARF but you would need to replace the pip on these as they’re not great. Also they’re the flat 4 type.

Reactions: fra44

k0hr

Still New
3/1/20
Fellas, have many of you with LV’s re-lumed them? I think scrolling through I’ve seen one of you done it.

I’d really like to add an LV to my collection, but I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger if I’ve gotta send it out to Someone to have relumed. I’m kinda thinking about maybe just getting a BP, however as I understand it these ARF’s accept gen crystal, and inserts, correct?

To any of you who’ve had these modded in the US, which trusted watch Smith here is recommended?

Reactions: dmuir1

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I've contacted numerous watchmakers and they don't want the relume jobs. The easiest solution is to get the old JF/ARF or BP LV dial and replace the lume dots.

Reactions: dmuir1 and k0hr

beetleything

18/5/17
I've contacted numerous watchmakers and they don't want the relume jobs. The easiest solution is to get the old JF/ARF or BP LV dial and replace the lume dots.
i think it's the hands that are a problem on some .......

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
i think it's the hands that are a problem on some .......
No, it's not. The recent batch from ARF still has a mismatch and it's the dial lumes are not matching. Maybe the next batch will be better but who knows what other problem will be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: k0hr

beetleything

18/5/17
Hi!

I have the last ARF version. I find the watch really well made, the bezel color is for me the best I ve seen in a replica. However, the mismatch between hands and dial disturb me a lot… do you know which hands I need to order or if some mod can be done?

Thanks!

Exact same as the one i got - the DOTS are Lumed the hands are very WHITE and NOT Lumed. Such a shames the rest of the watch is great.

fra44

8/10/23
I've read some people mentioned using Sillan's 16610 case over ARF. I am not understanding the advantages of using this case over stock ARF - yes the bezel insert is better, but how is the bezel action? Will it need any additional element like ARF does (washer, spring)? Also, crownguards seem to still be a tad short on Sillan's case as well..

Link to the case: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2700.wholesale.you_may_like.2.32306d23ym0UbT

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Has anyone ever changed the complete bezel assembly (retaining ring + bezel) ?

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
There is some tool with blades that apply even pressure on various points but not sure if its for that purpose.
I always used a razorblade and worked my way around. but its a pain and I hate it xD
Sorry if I bring up the topic again, could you show me what type of tool you use? I haven't found any watchmaker to help me so I'll have to try

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
Sorry if I bring up the topic again, could you show me what type of tool you use? I haven't found any watchmaker to help me so I'll have to try
You can find some videos on YouTube showing you how to do this but essentially you can do it with a mallet and a razor blade.

Insert and tap the blade between the mid case and retaining ring to begin separating the two parts. Then gently go around the watch repeating the same thing a small section at a time which will eventually loosen the retaining ring it until it comes apart from the mid case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen_der

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
You can find some videos on YouTube showing you how to do this but essentially you can do it with a mallet and a razor blade.

Insert and tap the blade between the mid case and retaining ring to begin separating the two parts. Then gently go around the watch repeating the same thing a small section at a time which will eventually loosen the retaining ring it until it comes apart from the mid case.

yes the method is clear to me, I just want to understand where you got those blades. Thank you

• Wow
Reactions: FaekieOne