• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
My advise is go with the crystal you prefer the look of - Rolex fit AR crystals onto 5 digit subs as service replacements and ultimately go with what you prefer. I make a franken TC LV a couple of years ago and went with the AR crystal (I miss this watch lol)

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
Hi!

I have the last ARF version. I find the watch really well made, the bezel color is for me the best I ve seen in a replica. However, the mismatch between hands and dial disturb me a lot… do you know which hands I need to order or if some mod can be done?

Thanks!

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
do you know which hands I need to order or if some mod can be done?
These would work, might not be perfect however.

Endez

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/12/13
These would work, might not be perfect however.
Thank you! But looks white as well… for the price it is not a big loss.

It is strange because lume is green, but on daylight looks blue

shotgun

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
Hi!

I have the last ARF version. I find the watch really well made, the bezel color is for me the best I ve seen in a replica. However, the mismatch between hands and dial disturb me a lot… do you know which hands I need to order or if some mod can be done?

Thanks!

Problem Is index not the hands..only solution is relumed

Last edited:

dmuir1

Still New
9/3/07
Does anyone know anyone in the US who can relume the dial markers? I’ve been asking around but haven’t found anyone to take it on yet.

k0hr

Still New
3/1/20
Is it only the LV with mismatched lume, or is the 16610LN the same?

I find it kinda crazy they could screw up like that. Mods are mods we may do with reps to improve things factories didn’t, but a whole dial / hands relume to me seems excessive if jumping into one these ARF’s. I’d really like an LV, but I‘m not going to pay to have to relume a new watch from the factory.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Is it only the LV with mismatched lume, or is the 16610LN the same?

I find it kinda crazy they could screw up like that. Mods are mods we may do with reps to improve things factories didn’t, but a whole dial / hands relume to me seems excessive if jumping into one these ARF’s. I’d really like an LV, but I‘m not going to pay to have to relume a new watch from the factory.
just the LN. i think the new flat 4 variable dial factored into play here. you can also grab a RAF/ARF non flat 4 which imo is the perfect LV

K2hk3i.jpeg

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
LV dial lume is crape. Nothing wrong with the hands lume. Either get relumed or replace to BP or older JF/ARF lume dots.

Reactions: dmuir1

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
Is it better to get a ARF 16610LN or a BP 16600? I know both watches require mods, for the ARF they have been discussed here extensively and it was very helpful for me, while the 16600 needs crown guards and lugs modifications to slim them.

So given you have to put some effort into both, and spend some additional money either way, is any of the two a clear better choice at the end of the day? Or given you do the modifications they end up being equals?

Thanks a lot!!

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
So much good information here, thank you to everyone for commenting. I took a read through the new BP 5-digit sub thread as well and now I'm stuck in analysis paralysis as to which 16610LN to lean toward for best out the box since I don't trust myself to mod any of my reps o_O
What did you end up getting? :D