• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

austysauce

"If not us, then who?"
1/5/19
North Carolina
Just put an order in for the RAF 16610LN from Marv. I have been on the hunt for several years for a good 5 digit. I am going to see how the OOTB factory
I received an LN today and think it feels better than other AR or JF ones I've had in the past. The SEL needs to be lowered and the hands are still fractionally mismatched but it feels good quality and looks very good on the timegrapher. I fitted an old slightly scratched insert I had on hand and will change the datewheel, hands and crystal at some point but think this might fill my 5 digit fix for a while (until I can find TC)

RAF by chance??

Reactions: Xcalm

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
Talking about sanding... I think I read here somewhere that the RAF version of the 16610 has slightly deviations in case dimensions, whereas the ARF versions does not... :unsure:

Reactions: mandipan

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Talking about sanding... I think I read here somewhere that the RAF version of the 16610 has slightly deviations in case dimensions, whereas the ARF versions does not... :unsure:

I’ve used the Silian case (ARF/RAF - I’m convinced they are the same thing) multiple times and have had good experiences.

I’ve also had multiple iterations of ARF/RAF Subs and haven’t noticed that much of differences. The biggest differences I noticed were incorrect crown on RAF V1 (large center dot vs 3 symmetrical dots for SS) and very loose bezel action which was easily fixed by adding a second washer

Now they tolerances are much better.

Reactions: Yellowsubmarine

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
What do you think about the latest RAF out of the box?

I am just not sure about the movement (ARF allegedly having a V2 of the SH3135... maybe also fake news :) )

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
What do you think about the latest RAF out of the box?

I am just not sure about the movement (ARF allegedly having a V2 of the SH3135... maybe also fake news :) )

Nothing wrong with an SH. Much better than SA and easily swapped for a VR/VS if you are so inclined.

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
I’ve used the Silian case (ARF/RAF - I’m convinced they are the same thing) multiple times and have had good experiences.

I’ve also had multiple iterations of ARF/RAF Subs and haven’t noticed that much of differences. The biggest differences I noticed were incorrect crown on RAF V1 (large center dot vs 3 symmetrical dots for SS) and very loose bezel action which was easily fixed by adding a second washer

Now they tolerances are much better.
I think RAF has the bezel insert with the correct 2 in 20, a better pip but at the same time it comes with a SH rather than a VR. I have the RAF with SH and I am planning to swap the movement to a VS when summer's over

Reactions: bowtiefanatc

Xcalm

Still New
11/7/24
Germany
What is the verdict on the protruding crown issue? Is this occurring both with RAF and ARF out of the box?

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
What is the verdict on the protruding crown issue? Is this occurring both with RAF and ARF out of the box?
and also, how can we fix it ? it seems we need to tap the case and replace the tube with gen to fix it... am I wrong ?
this is not an easy task if I'm correct

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I only had the protruding crown on my very first RAF.

All of the ones I’ve had since were just fine.

AggressiveTiger

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
28/4/23
USA
Talked with Steve yesterday - he's still saying there is no ARF and there is no V2 - it's just RAF.

But we have Jtime releasing ARF V2s with AR stickers on them.

Marketing hype or knowledge gap?

• Wow

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Supporter
Certified
18/11/13
Talked with Steve yesterday - he's still saying there is no ARF and there is no V2 - it's just RAF.

But we have Jtime releasing ARF V2s with AR stickers on them.

Marketing hype or knowledge gap?
but the two are very different. RAF has better case and the dial printing is much better (crisping, definition etc). I'm still deciding which one to buy while I wait a TC to pop up and I think I'll get one or two RAF and pick the best parts as the production batches are very inconsistent. But they're better to ARF that instead has a better movement