• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Just got the watch. Played for a few minutes and placed on a watch stand to observe the power reserve and timekeeping.

The bezel rotation is crap. Feels very loose when rotating the bezel. When I unscrew the crown to the 1st position to set a date there is no hard pressure so it skips to the 2nd position to set time. Pretty disappointing from the crown action. Also, the hour & second hand lume don’t match to dial dots lumes. Crystal is okay. Never had non ar so it looks very foggy. Clasps were okay too.

Pretty disappointing compared to the TC subs for sure. With the price not really the best OOTB compared to the clean/vsf factory subs. However, I feel like this is good for the project or franken.

I’m keeping this watch though. Later if movement fails I’ll get it swap it to vr/vs movement. Hands lume is no big deal. Not sure what to do about the bezel action, but I’ll try to play with my Ginault bezel to figure out the solution.

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Just got the watch. Played for a few minutes and placed on a watch stand to observe the power reserve and timekeeping.

The bezel rotation is crap. Feels very loose when rotating the bezel. When I unscrew the crown to the 1st position to set a date there is no hard pressure so it skips to the 2nd position to set time. Pretty disappointing from the crown action. Also, the hour & second hand lume don’t match to dial dots lumes. Crystal is okay. Never had non ar so it looks very foggy. Clasps were okay too.

Pretty disappointing compared to the TC subs for sure. With the price not really the best OOTB compared to the clean/vsf factory subs. However, I feel like this is good for the project or franken.

I’m keeping this watch though. Later if movement fails I’ll get it swap it to vr/vs movement. Hands lume is no big deal. Not sure what to do about the bezel action, but I’ll try to play with my Ginault bezel to figure out the solution.

Do you think bezel action can be fixed with a new spring?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I would try a new click spring, and add a second tension ring (large washer). This can make a big difference. It's possible for 2x washers to be slightly too thick so thinning one or both on some 600 grit sandpaper on a flat bench may be needed. It's super easy, you can just have sandpaper below and sandpaper above and rub the washer around in between.

16610 bezel tension ring

16610 bezel click

Lampa

Known Member
9/5/20
Nordic
Ok lads!
I made new washer in the lathe.
The arf one is 0.30mm thick and the one i made is 0.40mm thick.

the result was no backplay and tighter rotation, which is good!
if you want to get the real feeling, you'll probably have to change the spring.
The next thing I will do is change the spring but nothing that needs to be done! 🍻

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
This morning I took all the stickers out and readjusted the bracelet. The biggest mistake I made was not using the correct driver size... Now there is a screw that I can't take out. The screw is sticking out a little between the diver extension link & o link. It's hidden in the clasp so it's not visible, but I'm sure my OCD will eventually kick in and drive me crazy LOL.

As for the bezel I feel sharpness in the scalps. It's not a smooth feeling like my Ginault bezel. I swapped with Ginault's bezel tension ring and bezel click spring and it worked wonderfully. As @KJ2020 suggested I'll get a new one from eBay.

Once the weather gets a little bit better here in Chicago I will try to take more pictures in daylight~

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
seems to me on the LV that the lume is much brighter on the dial than on the hands? though i can't tell if that's because the lume on them is different, or if its just due to differences in the thickness or amount of material applied
seems more obvious in some shots than others

FaekieOne

18/1/22
I tried to put ARF bracelet to my 14060 and it doesn't fit straight. I will try with bended springbars some day and I'm quite sure it can be done.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
seems to me on the LV that the lume is much brighter on the dial than on the hands? though i can't tell if that's because the lume on them is different, or if its just due to differences in the thickness or amount of material applied
seems more obvious in some shots than others
Dial lume is much brighter. Shines brighter than hands. Hand lumens feel like it's dying stars LOL.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Dial lume is much brighter. Shines brighter than hands. Hand lumens feel like it's dying stars LOL.
i'm guessing the lume applied to the underside of the hands isn't nearly as thick as the lume on the markers

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Does this mean I should expect both watches to fix the bezel when you play with them? :p
Hahaha you wish! I can swap out the bezel insert by myself. At that time I couldn't figure out how to adjust the damn little click spring. I still don't know how lmao. So far timekeeping is okay. My QC picture was showing -7, but it actually gained 2 seconds since last night so I probably don't need to regulate it. I can feel this movement is shitty so eventually, it will fail in a short time. But first I'll end up sending it to @Jonj480 for case reshaping, smoothing out the bezel scalps, and taking out the stubborn screw from the link that I fucked up.

Reactions: mclarendude

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
I have had the same exact results as everyone here out of the box, I had to use two washers and adjust the spring so that it could rotate freely and not be so tight.

I also had to file down every sharp point I could find on the watch. Including the bezel.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I tried to put ARF bracelet to my 14060 and it doesn't fit straight. I will try with bended springbars some day and I'm quite sure it can be done.
SEL bracelet can’t fit your 14060 without heavy modification. The 14060 doesn’t have the little groove between the lugs where the lower lip of the SEL fit.
H9KE7v.jpeg

H9KR31.jpeg

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
SEL bracelet can’t fit your 14060 without heavy modification. The 14060 doesn’t have the little groove between the lugs where the lower lip of the SEL fit.
H9KE7v.jpeg

H9KR31.jpeg
I put my vsf 114060 bracelet on and it fits well. It's nice having the glidelock 😊

gtageek

Getting To Know The Place
14/5/23
Los Angeles
Put a startime bezel on mine and changed out the long nose 2 bezel, next step is putting in a CF crystal, gen dial, and VS3135. Hopefully that will satisfy my 5 digit disease for good.

• Haha
Reactions: idinwo01