• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

FaekieOne

18/1/22
I put my vsf 114060 bracelet on and it fits well. It's nice having the glidelock 😊
Yes 114060 bracelet fits 16610, but I'm talking about fitting a SEL bracelet in a 5 digit nodate 14060 with lug holes.
Put a startime bezel on mine and changed out the long nose 2 bezel, next step is putting in a CF crystal, gen dial, and VS3135. Hopefully that will satisfy my 5 digit disease for good.
Yeah well, I kinda wanted to satisfy me 5 digit disease and it just got worse with these reps. They’re actually super accurate when frankened, but I still bought a gen. So I put few thousands in frankens and still ”needed” a gen. :LOL:

FaekieOne

18/1/22
Now that I have a gen and I can compare it to ARF, I must say the hands are very very good. I wasn’t sure about the crystal, but there’s really nothing wrong with it either. ARF is a really good rep if bezel spring is bended the right way.

Reactions: Nickyan and mcboom

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Yes 114060 bracelet fits 16610, but I'm talking about fitting a SEL bracelet in a 5 digit nodate 14060 with lug holes.

Yeah well, I kinda wanted to satisfy me 5 digit disease and it just got worse with these reps. They’re actually super accurate when frankened, but I still bought a gen. So I put few thousands in frankens and still ”needed” a gen. :LOL:
I did it the other way around, I have had a gen for years and got the rep to compare it to 😅

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Just got the watch. Played for a few minutes and placed on a watch stand to observe the power reserve and timekeeping.

The bezel rotation is crap. Feels very loose when rotating the bezel. When I unscrew the crown to the 1st position to set a date there is no hard pressure so it skips to the 2nd position to set time. Pretty disappointing from the crown action. Also, the hour & second hand lume don’t match to dial dots lumes. Crystal is okay. Never had non ar so it looks very foggy. Clasps were okay too.

Pretty disappointing compared to the TC subs for sure. With the price not really the best OOTB compared to the clean/vsf factory subs. However, I feel like this is good for the project or franken.

I’m keeping this watch though. Later if movement fails I’ll get it swap it to vr/vs movement. Hands lume is no big deal. Not sure what to do about the bezel action, but I’ll try to play with my Ginault bezel to figure out the solution.
Just received mine. No rehaut Kermit.

Unfortunately have to agree with the above.

1. Pearl/pip is pretty centered, so not an issue on mine. Can be checked during QC.
2. Bezel action need improving. Probably needs extra shim.
3. Bezel click okay for now, maybe gen spring will make it better.
4. Lume on hands (and Pip/Pearl) don't match lume on dial markers. This is something that bugs me alot.
5. Lume strength on hands (and Pip/Pearl) is weaker than on dial markers.
6. Crystal is okay. Read it's period correct, so it is what it is.
7. Clasp is fine.
8. Have not played enough with watch to comment on Crown action. If movement craps out, I probably replace with a VR movement like others commented.
9. Crystal height is okay. Not high as others commented.

For now the stickler is the non-matching lume. On the QC pics it was not so obvious, but in my hands it sticks out like a sore thumb. The dial markers are too milky, too yellowish. Now the question is who can do a relume, what will it cost. And if i want to dump in a VR movement when watch is apart.

Wanted a 16610 Kermit for so long..... so happy, but not over the moon.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Just received mine. No rehaut Kermit.

Unfortunately have to agree with the above.

1. Pearl/pip is pretty centered, so not an issue on mine. Can be checked during QC.
2. Bezel action need improving. Probably needs extra shim.
3. Bezel click okay for now, maybe gen spring will make it better.
4. Lume on hands (and Pip/Pearl) don't match lume on dial markers. This is something that bugs me alot.
5. Lume strength on hands (and Pip/Pearl) is weaker than on dial markers.
6. Crystal is okay. Read it's period correct, so it is what it is.
7. Clasp is fine.
8. Have not played enough with watch to comment on Crown action. If movement craps out, I probably replace with a VR movement like others commented.
9. Crystal height is okay. Not high as others commented.

For now the stickler is the non-matching lume. On the QC pics it was not so obvious, but in my hands it sticks out like a sore thumb. The dial markers are too milky, too yellowish. Now the question is who can do a relume, what will it cost. And if i want to dump in a VR movement when watch is apart.

Wanted a 16610 Kermit for so long..... so happy, but not over the moon.
I think @Strodda used to do relume service. I know his vendor status is gone, but worth a shot to ask him.

Reactions: Partridge77

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Mismatched lume is a real shame. I’m glad I know this so I won’t be buying one, but it sucks for all the guys who jumped in early.

Lampa

Known Member
9/5/20
Nordic
I will replace the hands on mine when it's time to replace the movement. Sure, it's sad that they're bad now, but nothing that bothers me. My big problem was the bezel, but I've already fixed it. 😁

Reactions: shotgun and mcboom

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
The one from Singapore just landed.

iPhone timegrapher shows VR numbers of 245 deg, 0.3 m/s, +10 s/d.

Will open it up when I get home.

Initial differences:

Bezel seems darker. Action feels the same.

Lume does not seem mismatched.

Crown spacing between the case and crown.

ARF from 2841

H91zis.jpeg

H91Zc3.jpeg

ARF from TOH

H91Dwn.jpeg

H9ygYE.jpeg

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The one from Singapore just landed.

iPhone timegrapher shows VR numbers of 245 deg, 0.3 m/s, +10 s/d.

Will open it up when I get home.

Initial differences:

Bezel seems darker. Action feels the same.

Lume does not seem mismatched.

Crown spacing between the case and crown.

ARF from 2841

H91zis.jpeg

H91Zc3.jpeg

ARF from TOH

H91Dwn.jpeg

H9ygYE.jpeg

It’s 2 different dials and bezels. Looks like there are 2 or more versions of the no rehault edition :)

This is getting more and more confusing by the day 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FaekieOne

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
It’s 2 different dials and bezels. Looks like there are 2 or more versions of the no rehault edition :)

This is getting more and more confusing by the day 😂
I'll tell you, I prefer the one you sold me. lol

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I'll tell you, I prefer the one you sold me. lol
Me to, love the MK1 dial and FF bezel.

migrate the hourmakers and hands from the one, to the old one, and you have the best of both worlds, and everything is period correct :)

Reactions: mcboom

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I just opened the second one, the one from Singapore. It has an SH movement and the smaller caseback gasket. Not the V2 one.

This is an RAF with an AR sticker.

This makes me think that there is no such thing as two versions of the no-rehaut. Just watches with AR stickers on them. The sticker is even the same as the one on this JTime posting, just with "AR".

@mclarendude looks exactly like mine.

later dial version, darker insert with correct pip location, correct lume

I would check yours.