• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I just opened the second one, the one from Singapore. It has an SH movement and the smaller caseback gasket. Not the V2 one.

This is an RAF with an AR sticker.

This makes me think that there is no such thing as two versions of the no-rehaut. Just watches with AR stickers on them. The sticker is even the same as the one on this JTime posting, just with "AR".

I would check yours.

Yup, that’s what I agree with. Left over parts and left over stickers 😉

Thankfully I got an RAF V2 with the correct crown, non-protruding tube, and light bezel insert

• Wow
Reactions: mcboom

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
I just opened the second one, the one from Singapore. It has an SH movement and the smaller caseback gasket. Not the V2 one.

This makes me think that there is no such thing as two versions of the no-rehaut. Just watches with AR stickers on them. The sticker is even the same as the one on this JTime posting, just with "AR".

I would check yours.
So there is no SHV2 movement either ?

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK

I would check yours.
Having both in hand how do they compare?

Lampa

Known Member
9/5/20
Nordic
thanks friends, now I can't help but look at the differences on the lume.
Now the search for new hands begins..
Confused Looking For GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha

Takumar

Still New
7/9/23
I just received my QC and lume is different on hands and on the dial.
H9QmAX.jpeg

But I’m gonna use the case for a 16613 franken, so I guess I don’t really mind. 🤷‍♂️
Help me to gain knowledge for my QC pics. The hands lume is brighter, than the markers?

mcboom

Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
Help me to gain knowledge for my QC pics. The hands lume is brighter, than the markers?
There is less lume applied on the hands hence they appear whiter vs the yellower indices

Reactions: Takumar

FaekieOne

18/1/22
That wasn't the picture to see the different color. The hands lume was whiter than the markers.
And either the dial is tilted to the right, or bezel to the left.
You can see from the outer minute ring of the dial that it's not centered. White minute tracks on the right side end and black is seen. On the left side they end to the rehaut and no black after the lines. Hard to explain for me in English. That's not probably seen so well on the wrist, but shown on those photos.

Reactions: Takumar

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
I will replace the hands on mine when it's time to replace the movement. Sure, it's sad that they're bad now, but nothing that bothers me. My big problem was the bezel, but I've already fixed it. 😁

The hands are not the problem here. The hands could do with a relume, sure. The big problem is the lume color of the dial markers. They are too creamy, too yellow.

I have checked a number of Gen Kermit Flat 4 no rehaut versions online, and there the dial markers are all Artic white. Not off-white/creamy.

Suspect the dial and hands come from a different source, that's why the miss match.

On relume, google pointed me to this guy:

Anyone any experience with him?

Says he is located in Europe, for rest no info on location.

Reactions: Lampa

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The metal on the hour-markers is too thin. So a better solution would be to migrate hour~markers over from a different sub dial. (And probably cheaper to buy another rep dial :) )

Takumar

Still New
7/9/23
Are there gen 16610 pieces with aged lume or is that not a thing? Would it make sense to have them lumed brownish?

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
14/10/19
I used to buy only LN.
LV felt gaudy to me, but after reading this thread I wanted a Fat 4 with a Mark 1 dial and decided to give it a try.
I received it today.
I think the bezel on this ARF looks the most decent compared to my JF and ARF.
For comparison, on the right is the ARF with VS3135 and TC dials.

H9pG2c.jpeg

Reactions: raremedium

mcboom

Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
I used to buy only LN.
LV felt gaudy to me, but after reading this thread I wanted a Fat 4 with a Mark 1 dial and decided to give it a try.
I received it today.
I think the bezel on this ARF looks the most decent compared to my JF and ARF.
For comparison, on the right is the ARF with VS3135 and TC dials.

H9pG2c.jpeg
How's the bezel action on the LV?