• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Received QC today. Cant tell if this is the updated version. Looks like the crown sticks out a little and not flush with the case.
Received QC today. Cant tell if this is the updated version. Looks like the crown sticks out a little and not flush with the case.
100% the new one. Mk1 dial, flat 4 inlay, mismatch hand and dial lume.

Reactions: shotgun

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Mine is the exact same way. Some here have gotten the same mk1 dial and Flat 4 with a flush crown. I think we just need to replaced the crown and tube with Gen. I also plan on swapping the bezel with WSO because my bezel sucks (no click feeling).

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Please help me out guys, I don't know anything about timegraphs. Are these good:

It’s good. It means the watch runs 3 seconds fast. Rolex Swiss chronometers run in the area of +2/-2 when serviced (but watches run differently after being knocked around). And the amplitude is 270° which gen Rolexes run within. Looks like you’re good to go

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I am seeing a trend on the timegrapher pics and mine at home.

The signal lines are sometimes clear and defined, sometimes they are not (like post #507). My SH's used to do that almost all the time. It isn't as consistent as a VR/VS would be.

Mine is still about +3 s/d (best I could get it to). I have a VR getting delivered today and I'll post some nice comparison shots.

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Is it just me being obsessive and unrealistic about the nature of reps, or is this a bad sel to lug fit? You can see gap on it.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Regarding the crystal, if you have a better one there's nothing wrong with using it. I always hated the non AR cyclops in my gen 16710 crystal and one of the best things I ever did was get rid of it. A Rolex serviced 5 digit watch will get an AR cyclops crystal now so there are plenty out there.
I wish I could have your mindset.
As much as I love AR crystals, I just can’t stand the idea of having a non period correct part in any of my watches :(

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I wish I could have your mindset.
As much as I love AR crystals, I just can’t stand the idea of having a non period correct part in any of my watches :(
Haha I get it bro. Being able to make reps any way I want them has ruined me. I can't live without a glidelock clasp on my gen anymore either.

16031834706472.jpg

PCL anyone?
16649024011190.jpg

All red insert?
16364822189490.jpg

I think I've lost it sometimes but it's just so much fun!

15759133961851.jpg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Busy evening at Manic MCD's garage where I just did a VR swap to the watch.

"Now, MCD, why would ya do that if your movement was running okay?"

Mind ya business, that's why,

Anyway. I have seen a lot of these SHV2 movements on the timegraphers, mine included, with very high amplitudes. I've handled countless VR movements and even the best ones do not go north of 260ish degrees. I am a man who sticks with things who have proven their worth. VR has proven its worth since it came out and I am honestly accustomed to doing these swaps no matter what.

So, here we go.

HyM0At.jpeg

These numbers are more realistic when it comes to 3135 movements.

While doing the swap, I noticed that the dial hole is "offset" while on the VR3135. I did not notice this on the SHV2. I only noticed something was wrong after installing the hands and noticing that they were perfectly aligned at 12 but not at 6. I managed to loosen the dial, install the hands, and then tighten the dial and that sorted that.

While I was doing that, the case was going through a 5ATM wet test. I did it this way since everyone likes to tug on my cojones when I do these tests with the movement in. I am very happy to report that the watch is water resistant out of the box to 50 meters, 150 feet, or 5 atmospheres. Way more than most of us will ever go down to. Only thing I did was to grease all seals with silicone grease.

HysjiD.jpeg

HysDVY.jpeg

Finally, after some in-case adjustment, here are the numbers.

HyMcY3.jpeg

HyMxvE.jpeg

I am now in the process of taking some HD/Macro pics of an SH, a VR, and a SHv2 movement comparison that I will be posting in the Movements section.