• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

p0kiri

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/11/21
haha I got one of each (with and without engraving) for both models, I've been wanting good five digits for a long time!
so, what exactly is a 5 digit? i saw a M2M sale for one and surprisingly no takers

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Some more pics as requested.

HYsGIs.jpeg

HYsFj3.jpeg

HYsE22.jpeg

HYsvft.jpeg

Movement before regulating:

HYsNnE.jpeg

After:

HYsRun.jpeg

Movement looks nice, good amplitude and easy to regulate. I still have a VR on the way but not sure if I will need it.
it would be curious to know if the SELs have a crap system like the old JFs and the old ARFs or a pivot like the genuine ones. In the past, it happened to many users that the internal springbar of the SEL had given way and the bracelet had opened causing the watch to fall to the ground

KingJames

Getting To Know The Place
6/5/21
Planet Earth
I don’t want to be picky but the more I look at the markers …. The more I notice the misaligned 12h + 6h marker

Some members will hate me for this … :D

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Folks, just received the QC for the “new” ARF
What do you think? @KJ2020 your feedback is highly appreciated…:) thx

Available/ to-do list:
Gen date disc
VSF (or Gen) xtal
Your dw alignment looks better than mine. To be honest there is no reason to update gen DW and VSF crystal. No more fat looking dw from ARF and crystal (no ar) is period correct for this model.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
And if you really wanted to update the DW, which I see no reason, a VR one would be great. But I think they come with a VR one already.

Reactions: KingJames

KingJames

6/5/21
Planet Earth
And if you really wanted to update the DW, which I see no reason, a VR one would be great. But I think they come with a VR one already.
Indeed… thank you all for your feedback

I own a Gen DW and VSF xtal so thought I will upgrade the lil Kermit

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don’t want to be picky but the more I look at the markers …. The more I notice the misaligned 12h + 6h marker

Some members will hate me for this … :D

I think your markers are OK bro. Here are some views of my BP at high L and R angles off L - C - R. You can see the angles off make the relative positions of the minute tics and the triangle tips appear to change. Also note how these views make the insert triangle appear to have moved.

HyqAPF.jpeg

Here is my BP on the right at about the same angle as yours.

HyqL0t.jpeg

A couple things I do with QC pics is zoom in enough to line up the text with the screen edge after rotating the pic so it's level. Then line up a rectangular marker with a screen edge and see how it looks.

Also for a rectangular marker you can hold your phone at a very low angle and look at the marker like it's a runway. That makes it easy to see if it's crooked.

Regarding the crystal, if you have a better one there's nothing wrong with using it. I always hated the non AR cyclops in my gen 16710 crystal and one of the best things I ever did was get rid of it. A Rolex serviced 5 digit watch will get an AR cyclops crystal now so there are plenty out there.

15654599942670.jpg

16681050084592.jpg

KingJames

6/5/21
Planet Earth
Exactly, the serviced 5d will get an AR cyclops. Let‘s see how it looks like. Maybe I will replace the xtal…

thx KJ :)

Ps: love the Pepsi. Beautiful watch. Still on my list… thinking to go Gen :)

SubSquared

Supporter
Certified
29/12/16
I reached out to the trusted TD that I use from here and they told me they can only source RAF and that the ARF has been closed for a while.
It's with the SA3135/SH3135 movement.
I read this entire thread but am still not clear if RAF and ARF are the same or if the RAF is still out there along with ARF.
Can someone confirm if RAF/ARF is the same factory or if there is a new ARF variation in addition to RAF?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I reached out to the trusted TD that I use from here and they told me they can only source RAF and that the ARF has been closed for a while.
It's with the SA3135/SH3135 movement.
I read this entire thread but am still not clear if RAF and ARF are the same or if the RAF is still out there along with ARF.
Can someone confirm if RAF/ARF is the same factory or if there is a new ARF variation in addition to RAF?

Seems as though the "new" ARF is operating under the radar and not all dealers have access, but only those that have contact with the "new" ARF boss.

Btadl1997

MULTI ACCOUNT
12/2/18
Received QC today. Cant tell if this is the updated version. Looks like the crown sticks out a little and not flush with the case.