• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Regarding the TC comparison, yes it was great in its day, and the TC lugs are just slightly narrower and closer to gen — and we’re splitting hairs here. It also took 7 versions for TC get it right, and this was a small outfit making only 5 digit Subs (and some YM). TC cons today: ETA based movement with wrong time set direction; 316L lacking that gen brightness in person under all lighting.

Having had a TC 6 and the JF in 316, the ARF in full 904L makes all the difference for me. You can even see the 904 metal color difference in the rehaut. And of course the JF, ARF are with 3135 with correct time set like gen 😉

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Regarding the TC comparison, yes it was great in its day, and the TC lugs are just slightly narrower and closer to gen — and we’re splitting hairs here. It also took 7 versions for TC get it right, and this was a small outfit making only 5 digit Subs (and some YM). TC cons today: ETA based movement with wrong time set direction; 316L lacking that gen brightness in person under all lighting.

Having had a TC 6 and the JF in 316, the ARF in full 904L makes all the difference for me. You can even see the 904 metal color difference in the rehaut. And of course the JF, ARF are with 3135 with correct time set like gen 😉
Thank you, so its not only me :)

I think that both the RAF and ARF is a better base to start with, then a TC. It just makes a lot more sense :)

Last edited:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I've received the watch (at work) from @2841.

Initial thoughts from someone who has had BP Sea-Dwellers, BP Submariners, JF 16610LV's:

First, it looks great.

Second, it feels great. The bracelet and clasp/extension feel solid, best 93150/250 I've handled thus far (with the exception of @sgt.njoy's Ginault). The bezel action gives very good and solid feedback. Movement action so far is good, font looks like a VR font. Not thick/bold like the SH.

Third, the green bezel is... *chef's kiss*. I know that I'll be looking at this a lot.

Only issue was trying to size it, but that was my fault, I chose the wrong size screwdriver head. Definitely a keeper.

I got a VR3135 on the way but will put it on the timegrapher and regulate it and show some pics.

I'm also going to water test it to 5ATM.

I'll post pics later, when the hands are in a better time position.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois

Initial thoughts from someone who has had BP Sea-Dwellers, BP Submariners, JF 16610LV's:

First, it looks great.

Second, it feels great. The bracelet and clasp/extension feel solid, best 93150/250 I've handled thus far (with the exception of @sgt.njoy's Ginault). The bezel action gives very good and solid feedback. Movement action so far is good, font looks like a VR font. Not thick/bold like the SH.

Third, the green bezel is... *chef's kiss*. I know that I'll be looking at this a lot.

Only issue was trying to size it, but that was my fault, I chose the wrong size screwdriver head. Definitely a keeper.

I got a VR3135 on the way but will put it on the timegrapher and regulate it and show some pics.

I'm super jealous that you already got your hands on it. When you get a chance can you check the serial# between the lug? I'm guessing the M serial just like any other JF/ARF produced, but I hope the newer version is printed differently.

Reactions: mclarendude

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway

First, it looks great.

If it's anything like my RAF you need to swap out the caseback gasket. It's much too skinny.

Reactions: KushBandit

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I'm super jealous that you already got your hands on it. When you get a chance can you check the serial# between the lug? I'm guessing the M serial just like any other JF/ARF produced, but I hope the newer version is printed differently.
When I get home, you bet.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Thankfully, @2841 posted a picture of the caseback off, they fixed that. Correct sized caseback gasket.

See here.

I'll be damned. They fixed all the things I had to do myself. It's perfectly useable out of the box now.

The curse of jumping on V1 😂

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I’m all giddy.

d46a0b0ee048a5bca14fb5a16fc2af0f.jpg

48323878c0b95421b0074db49e7768f9.jpg

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Correct (mine is in fact a mk6) what amazes me is that rep factories bothers to install 2 different inserts lol

My friend, not only the insert it’s different in these two version :) Also the crystal in Reahut engraving version has AR under cyclope. The version without hasn’t AR under the cyclope. That’s crazy! :)

However these are my freshly QC pics, already accepted, just for sharing with RWI people! Enjoy this amazing beauty!

HY4kvc.jpeg

HY4d8I.jpeg

HY4MYi.jpeg

HY44zX.jpeg

HY4skb.jpeg

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
My friend, not only the insert it’s different in these two version :) Also the crystal in Reahut engraving version has AR under cyclope. The version without hasn’t AR under the cyclope. That’s crazy! :)

However these are my freshly QC pics, already accepted, just for sharing with RWI people! Enjoy this amazing beauty!

HY4kvc.jpeg

HY4d8I.jpeg

HY4MYi.jpeg

HY44zX.jpeg

HY4skb.jpeg
What dealer is this from?

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
O no, I'm not talking about polishing. I'm talking about the shape. The case shape is totally different. The shape of the lugs ARF and Gen next to each other in real life amused me. It made me giggle because they were so different and I laughed at my silly ARF franken watch ;) ;) hehe.

TC - had a more gen like shape in my mind compared with ARF etc. Having compared that too at the shop window when I owned the TCs.
But I guess we all have differing experiences.
I definitely love my Arf 16610 lv ( BKLM special edition, 2021 December batch)

But in my humble opinion, TC’s have some subtle advantages over my ARF in terms of case shape( lug shape, end link, CG) and the KH dials.. it’s subtle, but it’s there if you know where to look for it, especially side by side comparing with gens. While these subtle difference are not like shouting out loud, but once they were seen, they couldn’t be unseen.. YMMV..

TC V6- LV KH dial

TC V5 - Gen Bezel & insert

WM9 2008’ish

And yes, people 99.99999% cannot tell especially when they are 3-6 ft away. And also I found that we don’t necessarily wear and love our ‘best rep’ most. We love them and put them on for whole tons of different reasons.

Nevertheless, the price of TC’s were very reasonable… comparing to their aesthetics and attention to the details…