• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Interesting enough the RRR and no RRR appear to have very different insert color. I already seen a couple of those in the flesh and they have horribly high crystals.
As far as I know, the gen LV had about 5 generations of inserts, 4 generations of dial, and 2 types of rehauts. The most distinctive bezel change was from the olive-ish green fat 4 bezel to the more grass-green pointed 4 bezel. There are no early bezel + RRR LVs, but there are legit LVs that have the newer, grass-green pointed 4 bezels, but don't have the engraved rehaut yet. What I understood from @jtimewatch - he could source three versions:
  • fat 4 bezel + no RRR rehaut
  • sharp 4 bezel + no RRR rehaut
  • sharp 4 bezel + yes RRR rehaut
And I'm sure our chinese friends can cook up a fat 4 bezel + RRR rehaut, but it would be historically incorrect. Although, a gen owner could take their later mark, engraved rehaut 16610 LV and pop in the early bezel (and piss off all the Rolex purists) - it wouldn't be "correct" but still really all Rolex.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
So then what is the SH we all know and hate then? lol
I think some merger or agreement must had occurred but that certainly is not an SH as we know them.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
As far as I know, the gen LV had about 5 generations of inserts, 4 generations of dial, and 2 types of rehauts. The most distinctive bezel change was from the olive-ish green fat 4 bezel to the more grass-green pointed 4 bezel. There are no early bezel + RRR LVs, but there are legit LVs that have the newer, grass-green pointed 4 bezels, but don't have the engraved rehaut yet. What I understood from @jtimewatch - he could source three versions:
  • fat 4 bezel + no RRR rehaut
  • sharp 4 bezel + no RRR rehaut
  • sharp 4 bezel + yes RRR rehaut
And I'm sure our chinese friends can cook up a fat 4 bezel + RRR rehaut, but it would be historically incorrect. Although, a gen owner could take their later mark, engraved rehaut 16610 LV and pop in the early bezel (and piss off all the Rolex purists) - it wouldn't be "correct" but still really all Rolex.
Correct (mine is in fact a mk6) what amazes me is that rep factories bothers to install 2 different inserts lol

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I’m not talking to you. 😤 You snatch all the good watches and now even before they hit the sales section. 😂
mind your business GIF

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
So here it is :)

I took a couple of movement pics for you guys. The wind is smooth, the bezel action is okay, with a bit of backplay, but not as bad as the old ones. Bracelet etc. is the same as the first batch I had a couple of years ago.

I do think the CG looks better on this one, a bit longer.

Well I had a look, but I do prefer my LN, so it’s a catch and release for me :)

Does the bracelet need an oil bath?

taw6189

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
31/8/23
How can I get the one with the correct-ish lume pip? The ones advertised at intime and jtime are way too low for my liking (seemingly so because the pip is smaller?), but some of the ones ive been seeing here have better more proportionately sized lume pips. Are they special request or sth?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Does the bracelet need an oil bath?
No bracelet on any watch ever needs an oil bath. i don't know why people keep doing this. Its baby oil, it will do absolutely nothing to a steel bracelet :) Other then build up dirt in hard to reach places :)

If your bracelet is squeaky, wash it with a shampoo/conditioner, the silicone will lubricate your bracelet, without an oil build up :)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
No bracelet on any watch ever needs an oil bath. i don't know why people keep doing this. Its baby oil, it will do absolutely nothing to a steel bracelet :) Other then build up dirt in hard to reach places :)

If your bracelet is squeaky, wash it with a shampoo/conditioner, the silicone will lubricate your bracelet, without an oil build up :)
or...

131918_3.jpg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
What’s your method for applying this? Do you only do it when the bracelet is squeaky or stiff at the screws?
Yes.

When that happens, I just take the bracelet off and take the clasp off. I’ll lay the two bracelet sides on a few layers of paper towel and just spray the living hell out of them and let them sit for a while. After that, you can just wipe the excess away with a rag or paper towel. It has lasted and it even endures an ultrasonic wash. I haven’t had to do it often, though. Normally on cheaper bracelets.

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
I put a Ginault bracelet ($200 new from Ginault) on my TC. The SEL fit is perfect and as you know the bracelet is superior quality. Swap over a signed glidelock to complete the look if you want or use the TC clasp. I love the glidelock, I've used one on my gen 16710 for years now.

HIdpJP.jpeg

HIdPaW.jpeg
How good is the Ginault bracelet compared to VSF/CLEAN 6 digit bracelet? 😀

mcboom

time & patience - the two most powerful warriors
Supporter
Certified
12/1/23
Thailand
What's that going to be 🤔

Possibly?😉

Reactions: Thecloudhopper