• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

alvesaw

Known Member
Certified
6/6/23
EU
What is the consensus here to get the new ARF with LV? Should I buy from InTime or Ryan? Miro? I am not an expert in analysing by QC to judge if it's an ARF or RAF.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
What is the consensus here to get the new ARF with LV? Should I buy from InTime or Ryan? Miro? I am not an expert in analysing by QC to judge if it's an ARF or RAF.
First, Ryan is Intime.

Secondly, by now, you shouldn't have issues getting it from our TD's. Mirotime is not a TD here so we cannot render info there.

It seems that this time around they are not selling RAF as fake "ARF"s so you should be fine with Ryan at InTime, Li at JTime, and even Hont who I believe also has access to them.

alvesaw

Known Member
Certified
6/6/23
EU
First, Ryan is Intime.

Secondly, by now, you shouldn't have issues getting it from our TD's. Mirotime is not a TD here so we cannot render info there.

It seems that this time around they are not selling RAF as fake "ARF"s so you should be fine with Ryan at InTime, Li at JTime, and even Hont who I believe also has access to them.
Thank you. I will stick with one of them. I will post the QC photos here as soon as I have them. I really appreciate it. Your watch is stunning!

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Thank you. I will stick with one of them. I will post the QC photos here as soon as I have them. I really appreciate it. Your watch is stunning!
Thank you, just remember our QC rules. You can either post them just to show them off after you accepted the watch or unless you have specific concerns about the watch. Not something like "does this look okay?"

Very exciting!

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Ahh. Wishes they would put different serial# for this new batch. Too much hope for this mass production lol. Regardless, can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
I've received the watch (at work) from @2841.

Initial thoughts from someone who has had BP Sea-Dwellers, BP Submariners, JF 16610LV's:

First, it looks great.

Second, it feels great. The bracelet and clasp/extension feel solid, best 93150/250 I've handled thus far (with the exception of @sgt.njoy's Ginault). The bezel action gives very good and solid feedback. Movement action so far is good, font looks like a VR font. Not thick/bold like the SH.

Third, the green bezel is... *chef's kiss*. I know that I'll be looking at this a lot.

Only issue was trying to size it, but that was my fault, I chose the wrong size screwdriver head. Definitely a keeper.

I got a VR3135 on the way but will put it on the timegrapher and regulate it and show some pics.

I'm also going to water test it to 5ATM.

I'll post pics later, when the hands are in a better time position.
In case it's not a keeper, LMK

Reactions: mclarendude

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
I definitely love my Arf 16610 lv ( BKLM special edition, 2021 December batch)

But in my humble opinion, TC’s have some subtle advantages over my ARF in terms of case shape( lug shape, end link, CG) and the KH dials.. it’s subtle, but it’s there if you know where to look for it, especially side by side comparing with gens. While these subtle difference are not like shouting out loud, but once they were seen, they couldn’t be unseen.. YMMV..

TC V6- LV KH dial

TC V5 - Gen Bezel & insert

WM9 2008’ish

And yes, people 99.99999% cannot tell especially when they are 3-6 ft away. And also I found that we don’t necessarily wear and love our ‘best rep’ most. We love them and put them on for whole tons of different reasons.

Nevertheless, the price of TC’s were very reasonable… comparing to their aesthetics and attention to the details…
I've been noticing VIETNAM watch cases as the base for lots of super-franken builds. How do these VIETNAM cases compare to the established players like TC, arf, and raf in terms of quality?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Also is anyone having issues with the diver extension popping open all the time?

No, but I do find it less... secure. I think the link that has the ridge/latch might be a little too wide for the extensions' tube.

That’s a bold claim, coming from you, sir.
I could certainly be wrong, but at a minimum, the balance complete is VR, so it has only gained 2 seconds in about 20 hours, which is good tendencies for me.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I've been noticing VIETNAM watch cases as the base for lots of super-franken builds. How do these VIETNAM cases compare to the established players like TC, arf, and raf in terms of quality?
the problem with viet cases is the expense. for the price you almost can get two ARFs whilst for vietnam you just get the case, no movement, dial, bracelet, etc.. and it still needs work done as its not perfect.. but you get a nice engraved case

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I haven’t done a sub build with a Vietnam case, but I did do a 16710 build a while back. The Vietnam case is beautiful, and you can do custom serials (we used my birthday in mine) BUT, if you plan on using a bracelet with SELs, the fit can be hit and miss. I used an Italian bracelet with endlinks, so the fit is good. Full review is in my signature

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16
the problem with viet cases is the expense. for the price you almost can get two ARFs whilst for vietnam you just get the case, no movement, dial, bracelet, etc.. and it still needs work done as its not perfect.. but you get a nice engraved case
Are issues like cg shape fixed with viet cases?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Looks like VR to me but can someone confirm?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
And is it just me or does this coronet on the clasp look funky?