• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

FaekieOne

18/1/22
So which TD has this the cheapest at the moment? Miro has a -80USD on orders, but he's not a TD.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
They’re also now listed on jtime as ARf v2 and with vr3135

Interesting enough the RRR and no RRR appear to have very different insert color. I already seen a couple of those in the flesh and they have horribly high crystals.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Since i got all you 5 digit experts her, can someone please explain the hype about the TC watches? I understand some years ago, they where the shit, and the best out there (And BP was the alternative).

But now with the latest RAF/ARF cases, i just don't see the hype. I my opinion i think the RAF/ARF case is spot on (MINUS the slightly short crown guards, but besides from that, what am i not seeing? And i'm not talking dial, bezel etc. just the case :)

Reactions: shotgun

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Since i got all you 5 digit experts her, can someone please explain the hype about the TC watches? I understand some years ago, they where the shit, and the best out there (And BP was the alternative).

But now with the latest RAF/ARF cases, i just don't see the hype. I my opinion i think the RAF/ARF case is spot on (MINUS the slightly short crown guards, but besides from that, what am i not seeing? And i'm not talking dial, bezel etc. just the case :)
Crown guards and having a piece of rep history.

Reactions: aHero

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@2841 TC having lugs shaped closer to genuine Rolex is what I personally noticed, I think.
I visited the storefront window of a Rollie AD recently and let out a little LOL at the shape difference between cases of my ARF and gen when I held up my wrist for a stealth comparison. I didn't notice this difference between gen and rep when I had TC action on my wrist :).

I still love the ARF and RAF models though. They're still fab. ;)

Last edited:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL

I'm insulted by you questioning this! Where's the ban button!!!!!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
@2841 TC having lugs shaped closer to genuine Rolex is what I personally noticed, I think.
I visited the storefront window of a Rollie AD recently and let out a little LOL at the shape difference between cases of my ARF and gen when I held up my wrist for a stealth comparison. I didn't notice this difference between gen and rep when I had TC action on my wrist :).

I still love the ARF and RAF models though. They're still fab. ;)
But a gen in a window is probably polished. When i compare with a NOS from watchclub or chrono24, i for the life of me cant see the difference (Besides the CG)

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
But a gen in a window is probably polished. When i compare with a NOS from watchclub or chrono24, i for the life of me cant see the difference (Besides the CG)
O no, I'm not talking about polishing. I'm talking about the shape. The case shape is totally different. The shape of the lugs ARF and Gen next to each other in real life amused me. It made me giggle because they were so different and I laughed at my silly ARF franken watch ;) ;) hehe.

TC - had a more gen like shape in my mind compared with ARF etc. Having compared that too at the shop window when I owned the TCs.
But I guess we all have differing experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: wisedennis

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
HY62Up.jpeg

i ordered this from my non-td as soon as i found out the release. it's not the mk1 dial or new bezel with low pearl. some things to note:

-came with arf sticker
-insert does not look like RAF pearl
-dial, hands are superb (better than TC)
-bezel movement is amazing, TC V6 felt like a toy compared
-feel of the watch is superb
-i dont have a caseback opener in hand to check movement, but dw and movement feels crazy good

all in all feel and quality feels much better than a stock TC. short cgs and lugs are a bummer but this is compensated through the other aspects and outweighed by the quality

i will order another LV from intime to compare with the mk1 dial

(what im thinking is that i got a transition model with a different dial and insert)

Last edited:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: It sounds like the hype is more based on the story and fond memories of a time long gone :)
I compare it to like I dunno, buying an old Bel-Air or Impala, even a Corvette. Completely outdated to today's innovation, but the history... its provenance... makes it worth it.
i ordered this from my non-td as soon as i found out the release. it's not the mk1 dial or new bezel with low pearl. some things to note:

-came with arf sticker
-insert does not look like RAF pearl
-dial, hands are superb (better than TC)
-bezel movement is amazing, TC V6 felt like a toy compared
-feel of the watch is superb
-i dont have a caseback opener in hand to check movement, but dw and movement feels crazy good

all in all feel and quality feels much better than a stock TC. short cgs and lugs are a bummer but this is compensated through the other aspects and outweighed by the quality

i will order another LV from intime to compare with the mk1 dial

(what im thinking is that i got a transition model with a different dial and insert)
Very nice!

Reactions: 2841

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So here it is :)

I took a couple of movement pics for you guys. The wind is smooth, the bezel action is okay, with a bit of backplay, but not as bad as the old ones. Bracelet etc. is the same as the first batch I had a couple of years ago.

I do think the CG looks better on this one, a bit longer.

Well I had a look, but I do prefer my LN, so it’s a catch and release for me :)

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
So here it is :)

I took a couple of movement pics for you guys. The wind is smooth, the bezel action is okay, with a bit of backplay, but not as bad as the old ones. Bracelet etc. is the same as the first batch I had a couple of years ago.

I do think the CG looks better on this one, a bit longer.

Well I had a look, but I do prefer my LN, so it’s a catch and release for me :)
How is the crystal?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I think that all of them are a new version of the SH, since Ryan keeps insisting that SH and VR are connected or are the same, there is some post on here saying so. The timegrapher numbers are showing good numbers, like VR quality. Which is why we're being cautious. Maybe VR and SH merged.

I received the same info from Marvelous- that SH and VR are the same.

Reactions: evilgenius88

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
I received the same info from Marvelous- that SH and VR are the same.
Seems like that's the consensus from all TDs. But still, the question remains: is this SHVR movement as crap as an SH or as great as a VR?

The movements in the, let's call 'em "New" ARF 16610s have a lot of telltale details of what we know as an SH movement, which is certified crap. They don't look anything like what we know as VR movements which are known to be quite good. So if they fused the tech, why does this mainly look like an SH? (Doesn't have to be a bad thing, maybe they improved on it significantly, but something's missing from this story).