• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Yeah....I'm thinking that's not going to work: the hole will likely be drilled too low.
Let us know how you fare on that.
That's my guess as well, but let's give it a go :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's my guess as well, but let's give it a go :)
A pearl cup overlaps the hole by a fair amount, plus the "ARF" cup is smaller than the gen. Two points in your favor. I think enlarging the hole toward the bezel outer perimeter rather than redrilling the existing hole to a larger diameter is the ticket. Then the gen cup fits to the new hole and covers what's left of the old hole. Epoxy from behind and nobody knows.

evilgenius88

Plotting world domination
Supporter
Certified
11/4/07
Volcano Base
Now y'all got me researching 5-digit Rolex. I curse you all! 😂😂 seems like a really nice watch and make. Think I dig the 40mm diameter.
When it comes to wearing experience, nothing beats 5-digit, imho. I love vintage Rolexes, but things are jangly and not really built sturdily. And although very well built, the modern stuff is just too bulky for my taste.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
A pearl cup overlaps the hole by a fair amount, plus the "ARF" cup is smaller than the gen. Two points in your favor. I think enlarging the hole toward the bezel outer perimeter rather than redrilling the existing hole to a larger diameter is the ticket. Then the gen cup fits to the new hole and covers what's left of the old hole. Epoxy from behind and nobody knows.
That’s the plan in my head as well, but I’m probably going to mess it up, and set everything on fire :)

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
When it comes to wearing experience, nothing beats 5-digit, imho. I love vintage Rolexes, but things are jangly and not really built sturdily. And although very well built, the modern stuff is just too bulky for my taste.
I'm the same - I've a clean 124060 which looks lovely but I just don't wear it. But I've also got a TC LV which I don't wear as I'm not keen on the bracelet feel. Which is probably why I love my Ginault OR2 so much, as it gives me the 5-digit feel and aesthetics but has the glidelock and everything is so solid.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm the same - I've a clean 124060 which looks lovely but I just don't wear it. But I've also got a TC LV which I don't wear as I'm not keen on the bracelet feel. Which is probably why I love my Ginault OR2 so much, as it gives me the 5-digit feel and aesthetics but has the glidelock and everything is so solid.
I put a Ginault bracelet ($200 new from Ginault) on my TC. The SEL fit is perfect and as you know the bracelet is superior quality. Swap over a signed glidelock to complete the look if you want or use the TC clasp. I love the glidelock, I've used one on my gen 16710 for years now.

HIdpJP.jpeg

HIdPaW.jpeg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That’s the plan in my head as well, but I’m probably going to mess it up, and set everything on fire :)
Bro cut a very narrow piece of 600 - 800 grit sandpaper, about 2-3mm wide. Fold it in half lengthwise and put it in the insert hole. Then put a toothpick or a micro drill bit shaft, tiny screwdriver shaft, etc. inside the fold to use for pressure sanding. And just slowly and carefully open up the hole as needed. Take care not to sand at high angles off the perpendicular so as not to scrape or gouge visible areas. Easy peazy.

Reactions: emdeevee

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Bro cut a very narrow piece of 600 - 800 grit sandpaper, about 2-3mm wide. Fold it in half lengthwise and put it in the insert hole. Then put a toothpick or a micro drill bit shaft, tiny screwdriver shaft, etc. inside the fold to use for pressure sanding. And just slowly and carefully open up the hole as needed. Take care not to sand at high angles off the perpendicular so as not to scrape or gouge visible areas. Easy peazy.
That's a pretty good idea. I'll give that a go, and keep you guys posted. Thanks for always helping out bud :)

Reactions: KJ2020

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I put a Ginault bracelet ($200 new from Ginault) on my TC. The SEL fit is perfect and as you know the bracelet is superior quality. Swap over a signed glidelock to complete the look if you want or use the TC clasp. I love the glidelock, I've used one on my gen 16710 for years now.

HIdpJP.jpeg

HIdPaW.jpeg

I’m a numpty as I’ve got the bracelet from my silent service sitting unused, as I wear that on a Rubber B. I’ll swap them over this evening :)

Cheers matey!

Reactions: haze3715 and KJ2020

FaekieOne

18/1/22
Oh lord. I joined the forum when ARF’s were still available, all though maybe the last batches. I bought a 16610T dial and thought I’d just build that. Boy was I wrong and how damn expensive that dial was to me after a couple of years. I still have gen 16613LN parts that need a case around them. So one more 5 digit Submariner for me I guess.
It’s still alot cheaper this way than getting a Vietnamese case.

Thecloudhopper

21/3/16

HIdpJP.jpeg

HIdPaW.jpeg
Great looking watch! Who did your casework? Please pm with the info. Thanks!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I might start with a 16710 base and then I’ll upgrade the midcase and bracelet.

I’m considering just going with either the eBay case or a Viet case and Italian bracelet.
I did a build like that a while back (Review is in my signature if you need inspiration )

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It looks like chamfers were added. I have a TC v6 and my chamfers are not that pronounced
The ultimate mod master @tripdog worked his magic on this case for me. It had a nasty little ding on one of the lugs that I didn't want to risk my hobbyist case working skills on. He also drilled the lugs, a mod that I love in a 5 digit. A small amount of material had to come off all the sides to make everything even so the chamfers were re-polished.

Before and after
HOaYGL.jpeg