• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Ordered the blue and the black hopefully in a few weeks I will get my QC and will post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I was about to pull the trigger on the ZF V2 15400 with the A3120 movement. For those more knowledgeable with AP reps, would you say the ZF 15400 is a much better rep than this? The A3120 movement seems more accurate regarding engraved rotors etc and the ZF dial looks sharp. I kind of wish I didn't notice this post because now I'm tempted to wait for a V2 of this 15500 but done by ZF.

Decisions, decisions....

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
I am not sure but based on what I am seeing on reviews in China, the dial looks really really bad. It has no sunburst at all even on the most shiny white dial, far worse than 15400. It's just a plain non-reflective dial.

Reactions: SimoneC71

Jim streets

A damn man with plans.
29/3/22
Is the dial that bad even in black ?? I really do want this movement. It genuinely looks amazing to me. I got QC of a 15500 ZF factory with a black dial but I would much rather get this new movement. Anybody else have QC on the APSF dial situation? lol

cranestep

Known Member
26/5/22
Is the dial that bad even in black ?? I really do want this movement. It genuinely looks amazing to me. I got QC of a 15500 ZF factory with a black dial but I would much rather get this new movement. Anybody else have QC on the APSF dial situation? lol

The gen black is not plain black, it has some sunburst variation too. It's very strange because both APS and ZF has done pretty good dial in 15400 series. I can only reason that APS is in rush to on sale before ZF and had to go with shitty dial because of stock problem. ZF should be out soon suggest to wait for both to compare.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

To answer your question simply, yes it is that bad.
One solution is to put the ZF dial onto this watch. Yes I’m aware they are from 2 different movements but the dial can be made to fit.

Reactions: Allure

OffshoreNL

Renowned Member
Supporter
20/2/21
Europe
To answer your question simply, yes it is that bad.
One solution is to put the ZF dial onto this watch. Yes I’m aware they are from 2 different movements but the dial can be made to fit.

What about a gen dial? Would that easily fit since it is a clone movement ?

OffshoreNL

Renowned Member
Supporter
20/2/21
Europe
Yes sir it will fit. It just likely need to be aligned to line up perfectly with the dw.

So.. that also means a gen DW would fit? :D Sorry to keep asking question after question Al, but might be an interesting new project. Gen Dial + DW + Clone movement sounds like the perfect combo to me.

BlazerWulf

Do not accept unsolicited offers
23/3/22
So.. that also means a gen DW would fit? :D Sorry to keep asking question after question Al, but might be an interesting new project. Gen Dial + DW + Clone movement sounds like the perfect combo to me.

Gen dial's for the 15500 are pretty pricey, recently checked prices and the cheapest one I found was around like $2.2k I think?

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Found a gen v. rep comparison. Also showcases multiple dial colours.

https://www.noob2.com/20413.html

Saw this comparison yesterday. What can I say - in my honest opinion, comparison is complete BS and just a commercial trick.

1. They comparing black dials - surely black is the hardest to differentiate. If they showed blue - it would just look silly, most like GEN vs DHgate comparison.

2. Look at following comparisons: AP logo, DW, dial texture - its just the same gen-to-gen pictures))))) However, 6 o'clock marker "swiss made" is truly showing how shitty APS dial is. Maybe not too shitty for 500 bucks, considering super clone movement of course, but in this comparison they pretend on how close to gen this model is. All next pictures with hands and markers prove the same.

Don't want to be another whiner, who cries for something wrong in 500$ watch, but a bit disappointed tbh.

Last edited:

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
A gen dial will be pricey as well, consider a reworked dial mod from trusted dealer AMF. I saw pictures of a reworked 15202 dial posted in their section and I was amazed.

Well if its possible, then its a really good option. Saw this custom dials too, really amazing. Not sure how close to gen, but I don't care - I love it.
zU9jF1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: N0tail_