• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

stuxnet

Getting To Know The Place
31/3/21
What worries me the most with these "Asian Super Clone" movements is the fact that we don't really know which factory assembles them. It could be closed or raided in a few months or years from now who knows. If your watch is keeping good time that's fine, but when comes a problem and you need to service and/or change parts it is going to be a real pain in the ass to source them.

Of course instant date change is a big plus in comparison with Miyota 9015. The question we should ask ourselves is as follows : Do I favor appearance over reliability ? My choice goes for reliability so far.

In my humble opinion ZF will follow with the SA4302 clone movement in their 15500 in a few weeks / months just like we have seen with the 15400. Let's wait and see :D

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Looks to be available in the usual black/blue/grey/white and a new green.

https://watchbase.com/audemars-piguet/royal-oak/15400st-oo-1220st-01

https://watchbase.com/audemars-piguet/royal-oak/15500st-oo-1220st-03

https://watchbase.com/audemars-piguet/royal-oak/15510st-oo-1320st-02

Changes on the dial too. The AP logo is removed, and the indices are longer, almost as long as the 15400's, but still fat like the 15500's. I do like the sportiness of the 15500 from the shorter indices, but my gripe with it is that the shorter indices and lack of "automatic" creates too much dead space in the bottom center of the dial. I'll miss the AP logo, but the longer indices shrink that dead space a bit. I think it's a wash for me. The 15500 is certainly the sportiest of the three. Wonder when we'll get the 15510 rep out.

Thanks for the additional information, SuperLory might be interested in it as well.

Reactions: SuperLory

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
What worries me the most with these "Asian Super Clone" movements is the fact that we don't really know which factory assembles them. It could be closed or raided in a few months or years from now who knows. If your watch is keeping good time that's fine, but when comes a problem and you need to service and/or change parts it is going to be a real pain in the ass to source them.

Of course instant date change is a big plus in comparison with Miyota 9015. The question we should ask ourselves is as follows : Do I favor appearance over reliability ? My choice goes for reliability so far.

In my humble opinion ZF will follow with the SA4302 clone movement in their 15500 in a few weeks / months just like we have seen with the 15400. Let's wait and see :D

For sure, that's why sticking with a good old miyota is great.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
For sure, that's why sticking with a good old miyota is great.

Yeah the Miyota decor plate and the lack of instant-date-switching don't bother me. Would rather just have the peace of mind of Miyota reliability and the ZF datewheel. Would be interested to see the comparisons in dial finishing in equal lighting. In those comparison pictures, the APSF blue looks better: deeper, less green, and more metallic. Grey looks even darker and less-gen than the ZF though.

Bomber47

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/9/20
What’s better ?
They old miyota or this new SA4132 movement ?

stuxnet

Getting To Know The Place
31/3/21
What’s better ?
They old miyota or this new SA4132 movement ?

We don't know much about the new SA4132 clone's reliability mate it has just been released like today. You'd want to read like at least two years worth of the owner's feedbacks to start judging wether the movement is decent or not.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Who makes these clones ? They are necessary made by factories making also gen watches like Seagull, Fiyta, etc...

PiagetandPills

Central to nowhere
10/6/22
U.K.
I hope they make the AP Music. I know that it's very, very wrong, but I really want one anyway!

Nothing wrong about it bro lol. I think it's awesome. I was actually just reading about the new music edition, and it said the black ceramic one is limited to 250 pieces.
Personally I want the white gold gems 43mm. It's garish, and I think Elton John would probably buy one, but it's still amazing to look at. Would love to see a rep.

Reactions: GingerBubba

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Why buy Reps then? A quartz Seiko or Citizen or even a mechanical Seiko 5 will be much more reliable than any rep for a fraction of the price. Of course it won't say Audemars Piguet

Because I haven't seen yet a Citizen or a Seiko looking like an AP...