• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

el_assamite

Getting To Know The Place
13/7/10
Well if its possible, then its a really good option. Saw this custom dials too, really amazing. Not sure how close to gen, but I don't care - I love it.
zU9jF1.jpg

Hi vanzhulik,

Can you share who is doing this custom
Dial? Working on a Franken 15202, and not fully convinced by the XF dial… and Gen is crazy expensive.

Thank you mate.

E

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Do they often have problems ?

I've never owned a gen ap but from what I read on gen forums many of the roo movements require servicing, less reliable compared to rolex for instance

Reactions: Nono92

BlazerWulf

Do not accept unsolicited offers
23/3/22
The ones I have found are almost double (black colour)

Yea, prices are kind of ridiculous honestly, exactly why I'll stick with the 15400. Gen parts are a little more affordable and much more readily available in comparison to the 15500, but I'm hoping with the updated instant date-change on this clone movement we'll soon see that integrated into a V2 3120 clone movement.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Certified
8/2/20

The side by side comparison showed the same gen picture when they showed the dials "Tapisserie" comparison.

Here you can see the actual dial comparison. With the gen on the left haveing a significantly thinner tapisserie profile.

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
Honestly I think these look super nice. I'm waiting on some more real life pictures and I think Id make the plunge on one of these finally.

Reactions: SuperLory

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I've never owned a gen ap but from what I read on gen forums many of the roo movements require servicing, less reliable compared to rolex for instance

The gen AP ROO caliber is the 3126/3840 and it is essentially the 3120 (time date movement used for the divers and 15400/15450) stacked with the dd chrono module. It is never going to be as reliable as an integrated chrono movement like the 4130 caliber used in the daytona. So you’re completely right about the AP ROO caliber. You don’t have to own the gen to know this well-documented fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and sn95

tc1709

15/12/15
This looks nice to me. I would love to know how these movements (also the new 5712) hold up long term. It's a shame though they are not producing the 37mm ones as of yet. Because to me the smaller cases wear very classy and little more under the radar which I like.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LE2123 met Tapatalk

Reactions: BIONONE

Sidhu6355

16/11/18

Very informative. In the third video, seems as if the bridges are engraved than printed though I couldn't understand due to language barrier. He tried to scratch it but it gave off a metallic vibe, do others agree?

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
This looks nice to me. I would love to know how these movements (also the new 5712) hold up long term. It's a shame though they are not producing the 37mm ones as of yet. Because to me the smaller cases wear very classy and little more under the radar which I like.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LE2123 met Tapatalk

I agree. Really surprised the smaller cases are not as common. Those sizes will definitely get as much or even more interest than the 15400 and 15500.

A.Watch.Enthusiast

29/3/21
UK
Ok so what’s everyone’s views so far ? From my understanding the current and most regarded AP Royal Oak is manufactured by ZF (15500) the closest rep we have out the box. FACT

So throw APS in the mix we’re getting a “possible” less reliable watch (superclone) but we do get the instant date change. Now I’m comparing this to my VSF Sub as soon as it gets to O’Clock bam instant.

From the pictures I’ve seen would I really want this watch over the reliable ZF which looks great I’m not so sure. (it has the reliability factor for me)

As with most I can feel I’m already waiting for the V2 to release but I can’t really comment until someone has one in the flesh.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok so what’s everyone’s views so far ? From my understanding the current and most regarded AP Royal Oak is manufactured by ZF (15500) the closest rep we have out the box. FACT

So throw APS in the mix we’re getting a “possible” less reliable watch (superclone) but we do get the instant date change. Now I’m comparing this to my VSF Sub as soon as it gets to O’Clock bam instant.

From the pictures I’ve seen would I really want this watch over the reliable ZF which looks great I’m not so sure. (it has the reliability factor for me)

As with most I can feel I’m already waiting for the V2 to release but I can’t really comment until someone has one in the flesh.

Instead of waiting for opinions from owners why don’t you get one since you want one, and be the one to give the opinions? I’m sure you can do as good a job, if not better, than the guys here.

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Very informative. In the third video, seems as if the bridges are engraved than printed though I couldn't understand due to language barrier. He tried to scratch it but it gave off a metallic vibe, do others agree?

Third video is gone