• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok, so for a 15500 blue the consensus is APSF but for white it's ZF...but black will be the closest to gen, and on that one it's personal choice as to go APSF or ZF.

Did I summarize the past 55 pages correctly?
Why will you need “closest to gen” knowing they are all reps including the one which is closest to gen? Just buy what you like and wear it. Also you don’t need consensus because the people giving their opinions are not the ones wearing your watch. It’s what you prefer which matters. The reps these days are mostly of acceptable quality so pick what you like and don’t worry.

worksop

Getting To Know The Place
17/3/23
North Carolina
You’re right…..when I say closest to gen, I’m really asking “which looks best”. I appreciate that’s also subjective based on an individual’s style and preferences but when you’re torn between the black, silver and blue the knowledge, experience and opinions of the collective brain trust carry weight….at least with me!

Reactions: leo6929 and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You’re right…..when I say closest to gen, I’m really asking “which looks best”. I appreciate that’s also subjective based on an individual’s style and preferences but when you’re torn between the black, silver and blue the knowledge, experience and opinions of the collective brain trust carry weight….at least with me!
I hope you can read all the opinions and then form your own after you receive the watch, and share it with the community. This will be a meaningful way to contribute to the community. Thank you.

Reactions: worksop

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Do what I do and just get all of the dial colors :ROFLMAO:

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/1/08
Nyc
I got the blue I like the blue- there’s like 3 different shades of 15500 blue- just on any dial the tapestry will be off due to overall construction of rep dial vs Gen. I always say no rep is 100% perfect, get the one you like
Best an or has the least flaws you can live with

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I got the blue I like the blue- there’s like 3 different shades of 15500 blue- just on any dial the tapestry will be off due to overall construction of rep dial vs Gen. I always say no rep is 100% perfect, get the one you like
Best an or has the least flaws you can live with
For the 15400 gen there’s 3 shades of blue. For the 15500, there’s only 1 shade, partially due to the short production.

Reactions: gilrob

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
hUDhWQ.jpeg

Reactions: Troklo and AG91

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Mine is 6.5 so that gives me hope!
Definitely can work! Also don't focus on wrist shots as they tend to make your watch dial look bigger in proportion to your wrist. More accurate representation is a mirror selfie with the watch. It gives a much more accurate perspective.

Reactions: AG91 and legend

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Definitely can work! Also don't focus on wrist shots as they tend to make your watch dial look bigger in proportion to your wrist. More accurate representation is a mirror selfie with the watch. It gives a much more accurate perspective.
I have a 15720 that arrived last week. I thought it would wear large (and it does) but the strap makes it work. I was more concerned about the 15500 bracelet not wrapping around my wrist as well since it can’t hug my wrist as well as a strap.