• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

marcmarc

Getting To Know The Place
10/11/20
So I got my ZF15500 with clone movement last January 2023. It was working well until now when wearing the watch won't power the movement anymore. I have to manually wind the watch every day otherwise it would stop. Holding the watch in my hand and shaking it from left to right for 30 seconds would power the watch but it would stop again after a few seconds.

I had my watched checked and I was told that I need to have the reversing wheel replaced.

Anyone know if it’s possible to obtain parts for this movement? Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You can send it in for a service and repair to a watchsmith here for another opinion. It’s difficult to get a specific clone movement part. You’ll either need to get it serviced, repaired or have the movement replaced entirely.

giezzo

11/4/09
Slightly OT but are there any good current releases of 15500 with Myota? This clone movement thing is a bit wonky if I’m reading it correctly and frankly the absolute accuracy of the back of the watch isn‘t an absolute priority. I do care for the ”best’ dial, case and overall feel. If those are only available with clone, so be it then.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Slightly OT but are there any good current releases of 15500 with Myota? This clone movement thing is a bit wonky if I’m reading it correctly and frankly the absolute accuracy of the back of the watch isn‘t an absolute priority. I do care for the ”best’ dial, case and overall feel. If those are only available with clone, so be it then.
what dou you mean by "wonky"? The clone is qute well made and robust without any obvious weak points.
If you want Myota you shoud try your luck in the WTB section. Plenty of ZF v2 with myota still around.

OMF still offers Myota. Case and dial are subpar compared to ZF and APSF

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
Having debated the same recently and I ended up going all in on the clone mov'ts across all the rep APs I own (where available).
I couldnt get over the rather loud rotor noise and the occasional free-spin wobble of the unidirectional winding really bothered me.

In the end its all about your personal preference, both in appearance and function. Good luck.

Reactions: giezzo and legend

giezzo

11/4/09
what dou you mean by "wonky"? The clone is qute well made and robust without any obvious weak points.
If you want Myota you shoud try your luck in the WTB section. Plenty of ZF v2 with myota still around.

OMF still offers Myota. Case and dial are subpar compared to ZF and APSFGo to post 1123 among others.
Post 1123 among many others. Almost anything clone can be described as “wonky” against workhorses like Myota. It is what it is.

That said, the last sentence of your post describes what I needed to know.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
So I got my ZF15500 with clone movement last January 2023. It was working well until now when wearing the watch won't power the movement anymore. I have to manually wind the watch every day otherwise it would stop. Holding the watch in my hand and shaking it from left to right for 30 seconds would power the watch but it would stop again after a few seconds.

I had my watched checked and I was told that I need to have the reversing wheel replaced.

Anyone know if it’s possible to obtain parts for this movement? Thanks!
Interesting that you say this, I bought one m2m recently and I've noticed it has the exact same issue. I hadn't worn it because I had to wait for links.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Interesting that you say this, I bought one m2m recently and I've noticed it has the exact same issue. I hadn't worn it because I had to wait for links.
Although somewhat related, I bought a Rolex 114300 years ago. It had a SH3135 clone movement that worked fine for about a year and then the reversing wheels went bad. This was a common problem for the SH3135. It would work only after being hand wound but the auto winding mechanism was out. Fortunately gen reversing wheels are available and readily fits the clone SH3135. I'm not sure if gen or even rep reversing wheels are available for the 4302.

Best of luck and let us know if a solution for the problem has been found.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
FWIW I've never had any issues with any of my reps 15400 and 15500 except for a factory defect in one watch in its hacking mechanism which was quickly corrected by Legend.

I ALWAYS set the time forward, never back (except on really rare accidents), and I do everything slowly lol. Need to keep in mind these rep movements are delicate, but if you do treat them delicately they should last quite a while most of the time.

Bluefiredc

11/11/19
About to pull the trigger on a white dial from APSF, just have a question about the crystals.

Anyone compare ZF, APSF and Deep crystals?
Deep crystal worth it for this 15500?

Reactions: AG91

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
About to pull the trigger on a white dial from APSF, just have a question about the crystals.

Anyone compare ZF, APSF and Deep crystals?
Deep crystal worth it for this 15500?
Haven't heard a single complaint about crystal for these 15500 both ZF and APSF so I would say stock is fine.

Bluefiredc

11/11/19
Haven't heard a single complaint about crystal for these 15500 both ZF and APSF so I would say stock is fine.
I haven’t read anything to say otherwise either.
The question now is, is the Deep Crystal an improvement at all?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I haven’t read anything to say otherwise either.
The question now is, is the Deep Crystal an improvement at all?
Why don't you buy it and come back with a review? Be a creator not a consumer, give back to the forum 😋