• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF and ZF Royal Oak 15500 w 4302 clone caliber

peterpl

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
24/7/11
So I got my ZF15500 with clone movement last January 2023. It was working well until now when wearing the watch won't power the movement anymore. I have to manually wind the watch every day otherwise it would stop. Holding the watch in my hand and shaking it from left to right for 30 seconds would power the watch but it would stop again after a few seconds.

I had my watched checked and I was told that I need to have the reversing wheel replaced.

Anyone know if it’s possible to obtain parts for this movement? Thanks!
The ZF/APSF 15500 movement doesnt have a long power reserve and the auto-wind is also an issue I think.

I've had 4 of these watches now and each one of them would only have max 35hrs PR and they all would not wind enough to keep then ticking when wearing them on the wrist. On the winder it would just keep it enough to keep them running but once off the winder, the PR was already down to < 10hrs. Even driving a manual car with my left hand shifting gears all the time wasnt enough to keep the watch fully wound.

The manual winding on the movement is buttery smooth but I think ZF/APSF or the movement factories need to fix

1) The PR. I would expect at least 48hrs from this movement if its a clone.
2) The autowinding. Maybe the rotor is not heavy enough or the actual autowind needs to be less restrictive but there is an issue here as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The ZF/APSF 15500 movement doesnt have a long power reserve and the auto-wind is also an issue I think.

I've had 4 of these watches now and each one of them would only have max 35hrs PR and they all would not wind enough to keep then ticking when wearing them on the wrist. On the winder it would just keep it enough to keep them running but once off the winder, the PR was already down to < 10hrs. Even driving a manual car with my left hand shifting gears all the time wasnt enough to keep the watch fully wound.

The manual winding on the movement is buttery smooth but I think ZF/APSF or the movement factories need to fix

1) The PR. I would expect at least 48hrs from this movement if its a clone.
2) The autowinding. Maybe the rotor is not heavy enough or the actual autowind needs to be less restrictive but there is an issue here as well.
The good news is that the 4302 responds very well to a full movement service and this includes making the movement run and charge more efficiently through the auto winding function when worn.

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
The good news is that the 4302 responds very well to a full movement service and this includes making the movement run and charge more efficiently through the auto winding function when worn.
I can happily confirm that the APSF 15500 I received from @legend (after his mods and service) functions exceptionally well 👍

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
I can happily confirm that the APSF 15500 I received from @legend (after his mods and service) functions exceptionally well 👍
Same here.

Between on the wrist and on the winder, my APSF 15500 (serviced by Legend too) keeps its PR for more than the week when it is called upon for its duty. I usually have 2 watches active at any one time for a week typically and then kept in the box thereafter for another month or two before coming forth for duty again.