• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Apsf 15450

sgwatchkid

Clem the Clam
14/9/23
Singapore
Just sharing my new 15450 with blue DP dial and quick jump date mod.

Before receipt of the watch, i wanted to sell it off to fund an upcoming trip. After receiving it, it looks so good irl that I’m very tempted to just keep it since the size is perfect and its such a nice looking watch.

I loctite’d and lubed the bracelet and it feels much better on the wrist.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It shows 9.8mm if i measure from the crown side and 9.7 if i measure from the other side.
Maybe my cheap digital calipers are not that accurate sorry.
You’re correct and there’s nothing wrong with your calipers. It’s just the digital and/or watch machining tolerance. The thickness is supposed to be 9.8mm but I’ve seen anywhere from 9.7-9.9mm.

sgwatchkid

Clem the Clam
14/9/23
Singapore
You’re correct and there’s nothing wrong with your calipers. It’s just the digital and/or watch machining tolerance. The thickness is supposed to be 9.8mm but I’ve seen anywhere from 9.7-9.9mm.
That’s great to know

Thanks for chiming in on this!

Reactions: legend

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Latest white dial update seems very good from tapisserie point of view, only printing is too thin…here a comparison made with a generic recent QC (left) and gen (right)

Dial now seems to be very good. The proportions of the ring (satin part and shiny part) seem different to me, but above all I don't understand why the screw holes on the ring don't fit properly

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The gen and APSF bezel are the same size to the tolerance of 0.1mm. I’ve measured them before for a past project.
Then perhaps the gen case is smaller. Look at the differences of the gaps between the bezel and the case right where it starts to slope.

If the lug to lug measurement is the same for the gen and rep, it could be the flat top area of the case, where the bezel sits, is smaller on the gen.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Then perhaps the gen case is smaller. Look at the differences of the gaps between the bezel and the case right where it starts to slope.

If the lug to lug measurement is the same for the gen and rep, it could be the flat top area of the case, where the bezel sits, is smaller on the gen.
You’re right the case geometry isn’t identical between the gen and rep.

Reactions: Allure

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I was able to take apart both the movement and the entire case assembly recently.

The case build is exceptional when compared to the other IPF release. The bezel screws are removable (they have the inner screw/washer to hold it in place). There are some finishing issues, but was able to spruce these up no problem. I am also installing a genuine dial for someone (always on the right).

HEp1Oj.jpeg

HEpyj1.jpeg

^^ Gen dial on Right
HEpI6K.jpeg

Rebrushed the bracelet
HEpq28.jpeg

Rebrushed the case (some dried liquid stains on the side from the ultrasonic cleaner)
HEpmfR.jpeg

Rebrushed the bezel (this made the biggest difference. Had to remove crystal of course)

An issue I noticed:
HEp9d4.jpeg

^^ Bracelet sides need to be rebrushed to hide and blend the pins better.

I will be fully servicing the movement as well as gold plating the bezel screws and the rotor. Will be a nice build once I'm complete.

Last edited:

frozentears

Getting To Know The Place
22/11/23