• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak 15400 Gen vs. Rep (BP) comparison

Nick1980

13/2/14
Could anybody tell, what dial is closer to gen - white, black or blue - in the latest generation of these reps?

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
i have been searching all info on 15400, but still hv unanswered doubts...

This thread is on BP version, and people says that compared to Z's quartz verson, Z's better. But then i found this:

http://www.tswatchltd.com/14998-14998.html

Is this a Z's asian auto version?

well i will assume this one is a mix of ZF and BP because
1. Dial, case, hands, AP logo, date window and finish identical with 15400 ZF
2. BP use Asian2824 on their 15400, while ZF use 9015 miyota
3. screw not sunken, identical with 15400 BP

FUX SHIT, i do ur homework

dannyw

11/3/14
well i will assume this one is a mix of ZF and BP because
1. Dial, case, hands, AP logo, date window and finish identical with 15400 ZF
2. BP use Asian2824 on their 15400, while ZF use 9015 miyota
3. screw not sunken, identical with 15400 BP

FUX SHIT, i do ur homework

:thumbsup: that's what i felt, and needed someone to re-confirm.. now let's search how to sunken that screw...

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
:thumbsup: that's what i felt, and needed someone to re-confirm.. now let's search how to sunken that screw...

:lolcina:
my friend, i own latest 15400 ZF thats why it makes me fast to identify the watch u mention about.
but u make a good point, i would also want to know how to slightly sunken the bezel screw a little bit more,
mine is already sunken about 0.05mm but i want abit more :hypno:

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
can someone please tell me if the miyota decorated movement comes with a bracelet like the angus 2834? the angus 2834 bracelet is top notch.

dixie43

Looking Around
28/4/14

SlimShady

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/5/14
The colour of the dials is quite noticeable as well.

Anthony1985

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/14
Amazing review and I really like this watch,where can I get it?should I contact a reseller?

ohenry22

Horology Curious
14/8/14
Hi newbie here, I keep seeing references to Angus's new Miyota & everyone has been waiting for it to come out. What I'd like to know is are the ones being sold now the final version? I can find no reviews that seem newer than last year when he first brought it out & I'm wondering if all the teething problems have been fixed such as sunken bezel screws & misaligned logos etc? Pardon me if I'm an idiot & if I've missed a new review maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

D

d4m.test

The Myota version is considered the best (distinguishable by 3 screws in the center of the rotor, the swiss has one, and additional deco on the movement itself, the rotor is the same on both). The Myota also has a "better" logo - unfortunately in 2/3 (estimate) it´s wrongly glued on the dial or the parallel sticks at 12 - are not parallel. IF You get a well aligned one You have a slightly better rep BUT it needs luck and patience and a good TD to get one in the right conditions. Last time I checked some months ago the Myota was $65 more than the BP version with swiss ETA (that probably is Asian). As far as my knowledge the alignment issues where never so frequent with the BP-versions. Main priority imo would be to get the thinnest version (!) available and if everything is well aligned.