• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak 15400 Gen vs. Rep (BP) comparison

Zergster

Looking Around
23/8/14
Anyone had any luck recently with hunting down an AP RO 15400 White SS Miyota? Been looking around but havn't managed to find an TD with one i stock.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Anyone had any luck recently with hunting down an AP RO 15400 White SS Miyota? Been looking around but havn't managed to find an TD with one i stock.
Contact Ryan (intime), or Ken (Psychopike)

masterly

Known Member
4/2/14
Great comparison. I am now in love and Saving for the black dial miyota :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overflow1972

Known Member
5/9/11
I have an ultimate version with the "audemars piguet" engraved on the movement. I lost one of the four screws to link the bracelet to the watch case.
Can someone help me to find one or more replacement screws ?
Thanks

Ippocampo19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/14
Ap

Good evening, i'm New!!!
wher is possible bay a similar whatch? A Good price but a god quality

I have an ultimate version with the "audemars piguet" engraved on the movement. I lost one of the four screws to link the bracelet to the watch case.
Can someone help me to find one or more replacement screws ?
Thanks

Brad_Willey

Looking Around
2/10/14
I am looking to purchase the silver 15400 AP but not sure what dial to get, can i have some opinions please i cannot decide between blue dial and white (silver) dial, also which is the best website to purchase one from.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Here is the white/silver dial with Domi/Guru double AR Xtal.
It's just awesome, get it... Just my opinion ;)

image_zps127bcfe1.jpg

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Can I ask whats bp? what website? dealer?
If you're refering to the one I posted above, it's not BP but the ZF Miyota version.
You can get it from Ryan (Intime watches) or Ken (psychospike) from the RWI dealer's section...
;)

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
Hi. I'm new but just pulled the trigger on a 15400 silver/white dial Miyota version and a Lady twin for my wife. This one and the sub are the ones that appeal to me the most. Thanks for the review and all the comments, they've been very helpful in making a decision.

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
I just visited a AD and was able to try on the yen AP RO 15400, and it is amazing. As soon as I get the rep that is coming in the mail I'll be able to comment on any difference I may find. The only thing is that i bought mine in white, since I already have too many black-gray watches, and the one the had at the AD was the grey dial and it is stunning...have I made a mistake???

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
No, you did not. If you had seen the gen in white...you wouldn't doubt. I like the white the most....it has the most "shine", sunburst effect....pls show your pics once it has arrived..thnx !

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
No, you did not. If you had seen the gen in white...you wouldn't doubt. I like the white the most....it has the most "shine", sunburst effect....pls show your pics once it has arrived..thnx !
You are absolutely right. I just got the AP 15400 and my wife's twin and they are stunning. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. Thnaks

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
To make this thread more complete, let me quote from gashers82

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2047468

NOTE: For some reason, photobucket isn't showing some of my update pictures with "REP"or "GEN". but as a rule, watch on the left is the GEN and first picture in a pair is GEN. I'm counting this as a first draft and will continue to update this as I go. Please Enjoy and tell me of any errors.

Before I go any further, I would like to say a special thank you to Klockis who did the first comparison with the 15400 BP. He did such a great job, I've copied his format (If it isn't broken, why fix it) and I really hope he doesn't mind too much.

Unlike Klockis, I've only gotten into high end replicas in the last year after seeing a family friend wearing an AP ROO (which turned out to be rep, but that's another story). I was worried about the size compared to my other watches and wanted to try the size before splashing the cash.... long story short, I found this great forum and never looked back. Now hopefully with this little comparison, I can give a bit back.

I have to agree with the other Thread; The factory has gotten pretty close with this REP, but the overall finish just isn't there. It's the last 10% that stands them about, they just can not compete with the finish, the precision and quality you find in the Gen... and you really shouldn't expect to with the massive price difference

My not a great speaker or writer, so If I've forgotten anything or if people want some extra details added, pleas

Finish
The finish is very close and at first glance they are very hard to tell apart (case wise). The REP has the shine and grain of the steel spot on. There are a few details differences on the bezel, back case and lugs, but they would have to be next to each other to notice (not including the bezel screws)

Thickness
This is pretty much spot on and hard to tell any difference

Dial
This is where the differences become slightly more noticeable (next to each other). The colour is close, but the dials reflect the light differently. The “Grande Tapisserie†on the REP is less defined and seems smaller in comparison

Grande Tapisserie
Like I said above the “Grande Tapisserie†is different and next to impossible to get right

Hour Markers
The Rep Hour markers are wrong, the lume strip is too thick and gives its a totally different look

Dial Logo
I would say they are very close.

Dial Print
same problem as the BP, “Audemars Piguet†on the REP is too thick and "Automatic" is too thin

DATE
The Date windows look very similar
Date font is wrong and slightly too thick

HANDS
shape is good, but the lume strip is too think on the REP. The centre of the hands (where they connect to the movement) look slightly different as well

Bezel Screws
This is the biggest tell noticeable straight away, even if they are not next to each other. The finish/fit is just not there.

Crown
slight difference, but nothing you would notice on the wrist

Bracelet
General appearance is the same. REP bracelet doesn't feel cheap in comparison to the GEN. Slight different in shape of the links (mainly on the side profile). The finish on the screws isn't there on the REP. AP logo is slightly different again, but not too much you could tell from a distance.

Movement and caseback
Again not much to say, Miyota movement vs the Audemars Piguet in-house caliber 3120!!!!

As I cant put it better my self, a closing statement from the man him self

Hope you enjoyed this
Gashers

slicjay

Horology Curious
26/5/13
Fantastic review. I can't thank you enough. Your rep 15400 looks fantastic not to mention the gen....pure love.

As a side note: I noticed that Noob had released a white offshore diver with an A2824 movement decorated closely resembling the 3120. Is there anyone who knows if that movement will make its way into the 15400 and/or if it's too thick for the case? Since my first Miyota 15400 was a dud I'm looking to buy a new one and the rep 3120 movement looks really great.