• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak 15400 Gen vs. Rep (BP) comparison

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
BP, Angus and the Miyota one, I don't know the factories of the last 2 but from seeing the pics the Miyota looks the closest. I own the Angus one which I felt was better than BP.

abcdeff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/13
BP, Angus and the Miyota one, I don't know the factories of the last 2 but from seeing the pics the Miyota looks the closest. I own the Angus one which I felt was better than BP.

Which dial color would you say is more accurate to gen black or white? I ruled blue out as I understand it is pretty off.

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
miyota and the angus version are one of the same factory , they produce 2 different movement, everything else is the same except for the movement

slicjay

Horology Curious
26/5/13
Which dial color would you say is more accurate to gen black or white? I ruled blue out as I understand it is pretty off.
I'm also very interested in the answer to this question. Moreover, what's "off" with the blue one (a side by side pic would be greatly appreciated)? It honestly makes me slightly sad if the blue is so "off" since that's the one I was considering. Just awaiting a Miyota review before I make up my mind definitely.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Can anyone provide a high resolution shot of a mountain dial to confirm? My 2824 is awesome (angus) I want one in black, of the Miyota is of the same caliber quality and detail as the one by angus, if they really are the same watch with clasp and bracket excellence. Then I'm pulling the trigger.

alsad

11/8/13
hi,

Just pulled the trigger :)

Black Miyota, looking forward to see the QC pics

D

d4m.test

This one should be white, silver or blue. Just my opinion, have the black BP version with swiss ETA but if choosing again would go blue or silver. Why? - because the AP DIver I can only get it in black anyway (and I prefer the Diver in black). Too many black watches already:)

jwwong

Looking Around
29/1/14
I am going for a blue too!
Passed QC and being shipped.
Will do a mini review once I have it.

Cheers

Cemong

2/5/13
e9aganaj.jpg

Not sure mine is angus or BP...any expert here might tell ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Swiss ETA is BP version and Asian ETA or miyota is the angus version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReploJo

21/3/14
Just picked up one with a Miyota movement from MR.

Gallery link is -> here
Movement link is -> here

Quite pleased with it. Definitely notice the lack of consistency in the depth of the bezel screws, with the one at 7 being the most obvious and practically flush, while the others are slightly recessed. Pretty great stuff otherwise.

Replojo